Swaping and selling engine

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Dear zth forrumers,

I have obtained a corolla KE70 with standard 4age engine. All legal in the eyes of JPJ and Puspakom.
I gonna buy a 4AGZE engine from a halfcut shop and gonna swap out the existing 4AGE.
Later, will send the car to have it checked/approved by the authorities.

The question is, how do I sell the entire 4AGE engine with with legal documents (that I don't have)
so that the 4AGE engine can be installed to the car of the new owner?

Do I need to go JPJ and ask for report?

Thanks

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dear zth forrumers,

I have obtained a corolla KE70 with standard 4age engine. All legal in the eyes of JPJ and Puspakom.
I gonna buy a 4AGZE engine from a halfcut shop and gonna swap out the existing 4AGE.
Later, will send the car to have it checked/approved by the authorities.

The question is, how do I sell the entire 4AGE engine with with legal documents (that I don't have)
so that the 4AGE engine can be installed to the car of the new owner?

Do I need to go JPJ and ask for report?

Thanks
Not sure whether you can use your registration card as prove of ownership since already transferred and registered under you. I sold my old engine that way but mine was the original engine that came with the car, so I use the registration card. Or better check with JPJ on this, ruling changes all the time.....lol:driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
What i remember, last i swap 93t into wira. Last year.
Wira 1.5 engine were bought by someone through pomen. He need photocopy of wira garan only.
The rest is like normal, swap the engine, keep the customs 1/2 cut identity, endorse...etc. puspakom approve, go jpj change engine number, updates...vroommm

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Thanks for the advice, bro Vr2turbo and Sweelt.

It is my intention to sell the engine as whole, since the engine is in working condition.
Even engine kosong cost money these days.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the advice, bro Vr2turbo and Sweelt.

It is my intention to sell the engine as whole, since the engine is in working condition.
Even engine kosong cost money these days.
But yours differ because not original car engine, so better check with JPJ as might have different ruling....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari’s 4.5L dry-sump, 90-degree, naturally-aspirated V8 engine managed to win the Best Performance Engine for the second year running during the prestigious International Engine of the Year Awards.

A panel of motoring journalists from 35 countries inspected and judged the shortlisted engines that made it into the final selection using their driving impressions and technical...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience