Starting a new journey. Tough decision.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Wah. 230hp and 1000kg+.
Have u tried civic, maybe b16 or b18? How does it different?

But i think i am going to stick to eg or ek 2doors.
Tried as in friendly drag or driving it? Haha. Well i rode in a civic eg with b18cr before. When vtec opens, can feel the kick more as compared to my car. Most probably because during tuning my vvl opens at around 6.8k rpm and my cutoff is at 8.3k rpm. The b18cr vtec opens at 5500rpm if not mistaken. I wanted a smooth curve all the way up instead of a kick (there is a drop when stock vvl opens at 5600 rpm before it pulls up according to the dyno graph), so it was set at 6.8k rpm instead. Hence less kick feeling when vvl opens.

If drag..mine wins la. 2L vs 1.8L ma.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Btw to ts, u said you wanted a faster car than your euro type r engine.. i dont think a b16 is faster even on a civic eg chassis. How much hp and how fast does your car goes from 0-100km/h?

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Btw to ts, u said you wanted a faster car than your euro type r engine.. i dont think a b16 is faster even on a civic eg chassis. How much hp and how fast does your car goes from 0-100km/h?
I have a thread before about my cl7 long long time ago. Posted my dyno sheet with open pod intake, mid till end stainless exhaust and k100, i think around 210+.
0-100 slow lah - best 7sec+
Maybe i should just mod my cl7...haha...felt really not appreciating my cl7 sometime...

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
This is the sheet.
Waoh..year 2012..
Initially was going to mod the cl7 but it going to be daily driven. Somemore got 2 children already...so...became dream.

Attachments

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I have a thread before about my cl7 long long time ago. Posted my dyno sheet with open pod intake, mid till end stainless exhaust and k100, i think around 210+.
0-100 slow lah - best 7sec+
Maybe i should just mod my cl7...haha...felt really not appreciating my cl7 sometime...
I see vtec opens at around 5500, the graph become steep suddenly. 210 whp is already a lot, plus yours is a heavy car so 7+ seconds already quite decent.
Perhaps your project car should be a b16 turbo in a civic eg. Engine is quite solid and many are still around in case you blow it during boost lol.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, Guys. Planning to get a used car for fun drive. I love old honda ( i dont have much money for the newer one ), it is easy to maintain, cheap to take care and i prefer the older design.

Planned to get something lighter and faster beside my daily driven euro r. In my mind, i am thinking of :
- civic eg 2doors
- civic ek 2doors
- crz ( the hybrid )
- jazz ( ge or gk )
- dc5

It can carries either b16, b18 or even k20.
Price range rm60000
What do u guys think?

Honda forever...classic way better
Out of those I'd get the DC5 but it's not lighweight compared to the rest and for you I'd think rather redundant if you already have a CL7. And for around 60k, I'd rather get a real Evo 5/6 which is about the same body size and weight but way faster. Lol

EG and EK are great but IMHO too overpriced. If have to choose between them, I'd get the EG coz looks nicer and not as rare so at least easier to get parts.

CRZ is a hybrid and slow, Jazz even slower. Both are out of context if you want faster cars! Unless you want to dump tons of money in it along with the higher headache during the journey.

So in summary, none seems the right choice! Lol. Or maybe an EF as suggested by Izso is better, if you still must have a Honda.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
hmm after thinking, theres one more option out there thats easyish to maintain and real nice to toss around....

the mrs. not really fast in the straights and its tiny... but round the bends, its a light mid engined rwd toy.

Reactions: alcyon

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hmm after thinking, theres one more option out there thats easyish to maintain and real nice to toss around....

the mrs. not really fast in the straights and its tiny... but round the bends, its a light mid engined rwd toy.
But not a Honda. If outside Honda then also can consider Swift Sport manual. Or Lancer CB with 4G93T.

Last edited:

koshin

Known Member
Feb 1, 2018
Vietnam
Hi, Guys. Planning to get a used car for fun drive. I love old honda ( i dont have much money for the newer one ), it is easy to maintain, cheap to take care and i prefer the older design.

Planned to get something lighter and faster beside my daily driven euro r. In my mind, i am thinking of :
- civic eg 2doors
- civic ek 2doors
- crz ( the hybrid )
- jazz ( ge or gk )
- dc5

It can carries either b16, b18 or even k20.
Price range rm60000
What do u guys think?

Honda forever...classic way better
Agree about your choice with Honda as the parts are berlambak and also many cap Ayam parts if you on a budget
Lets talk about engine and 60K budget

I would recommend a b18 OR K20, the b16 is lacking torque and not much power unless you wanna go 10krpm to squeeze 200whp
for b18 you have choices like EG, or EK or EF or DC2 if you dont mind older cars or even a CRX for the ultimate light weight

Jazz, CRZ, you can forget bout it and DC5 60k can get u the type S only which is rubbish and will regret later.

I would suggest before you decide, do you want hi-rev or hi-torque this would determine your path of engine choices for B18 or k20.
And also when you mention fast you shooting for top speed OR Acc/response
B18 would have limitations and K20 more potential.

my EF spec
B18C type r
-cam type b16b type r
-skunk2 valve spring
-skunk2 retainer
-skunk2 intake
-skunk2 fuel rail
-skunk2 gear gear lever
-skunk2 lower arm (blkg)
-spoon strut bar
-spoon caliper
-ogura super single
-lsd type r
-s90 trottle body
-HAsport engine mounting
-MSD coil
-Ati pully
-gear box close ratio ATS gear set
1,3,4,5 final 4.4
gear 1 - 3.077
gear 2 - 2.105 (std)
gear 3 - 1.652
gear 4 - 1.307
gear 5 - 1.033
final drive 4.4
lsd type r

This spec should set you around 30k~40kish

Fun car is not comfortable and comfortable is no fun.
My EF is quite brutal with the close ratio and all the solid suspension setup

Attachments

Reactions: ixeo

koshin

Known Member
Feb 1, 2018
Vietnam
I see vtec opens at around 5500, the graph become steep suddenly. 210 whp is already a lot, plus yours is a heavy car so 7+ seconds already quite decent.
Perhaps your project car should be a b16 turbo in a civic eg. Engine is quite solid and many are still around in case you blow it during boost lol.
I would not recommend to boost a B-serie its low end torque already super laggy and add turbo summore. the power will be like on-off liao. and turbo setup would cost like 20k-ish.

Previously i was contemplating on turbo or supercharged my s2k. older B,H,F serie are not good for turbo esp the open block liner is $hite.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
EG or EK... everyday sleep worried. park worried. the only time not worried is driving it.. lol.
CR-Z if you drop a K20 inside.. FUIYOH. Jazz er.. nope.

I don't know man. I don't want to worry. My friend got EK4 donkey years ago, wake up Recaro from EK9 gone. Not too long later, wheels gone... he everyday worried don't know when the car gone.

Between the EG, EK or DC5.. I'll take the EG.

Does it have to be Honda? Can I interest you in a Lotus Elise instead? Someone selling a Mk1 for RM75k @ Mudah. Since you have a sensible EuroR... why not just go bonkers.

Reactions: Izso

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Agree about your choice with Honda as the parts are berlambak and also many cap Ayam parts if you on a budget
Lets talk about engine and 60K budget

I would recommend a b18 OR K20, the b16 is lacking torque and not much power unless you wanna go 10krpm to squeeze 200whp
for b18 you have choices like EG, or EK or EF or DC2 if you dont mind older cars or even a CRX for the ultimate light weight

Jazz, CRZ, you can forget bout it and DC5 60k can get u the type S only which is rubbish and will regret later.

I would suggest before you decide, do you want hi-rev or hi-torque this would determine your path of engine choices for B18 or k20.
And also when you mention fast you shooting for top speed OR Acc/response
B18 would have limitations and K20 more potential.

my EF spec
B18C type r
-cam type b16b type r
-skunk2 valve spring
-skunk2 retainer
-skunk2 intake
-skunk2 fuel rail
-skunk2 gear gear lever
-skunk2 lower arm (blkg)
-spoon strut bar
-spoon caliper
-ogura super single
-lsd type r
-s90 trottle body
-HAsport engine mounting
-MSD coil
-Ati pully
-gear box close ratio ATS gear set
1,3,4,5 final 4.4
gear 1 - 3.077
gear 2 - 2.105 (std)
gear 3 - 1.652
gear 4 - 1.307
gear 5 - 1.033
final drive 4.4
lsd type r

This spec should set you around 30k~40kish

Fun car is not comfortable and comfortable is no fun.
My EF is quite brutal with the close ratio and all the solid suspension setup
When u back to penang?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
EG or EK... everyday sleep worried. park worried. the only time not worried is driving it.. lol.
CR-Z if you drop a K20 inside.. FUIYOH. Jazz er.. nope.

I don't know man. I don't want to worry. My friend got EK4 donkey years ago, wake up Recaro from EK9 gone. Not too long later, wheels gone... he everyday worried don't know when the car gone.

Between the EG, EK or DC5.. I'll take the EG.

Does it have to be Honda? Can I interest you in a Lotus Elise instead? Someone selling a Mk1 for RM75k @ Mudah. Since you have a sensible EuroR... why not just go bonkers.

Full Elise for 75... But if ur the kind that doesn't like rattling, you will hate the car.... Then again I guess ts won't have issues since he's considering older civics in the first place. (The tattles in a lotus is a whole different level tho)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Garmin Mobile XT In Your Car~ZTH EXCLUSIVE~

DEMO VIDEO ON NOKIA 5800 ...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience