Balik Pulau, KL
Hi All..

How to keep your RIMS shiny ? Always kena :

- Brake Dust
- Dog Pee
- Tar
- Mud
- Sand

Sometimes kena scratch by bushes beside the road (Kampung area)

What do you usually do to Keep your Rims Shiny and Clean ? Wash everyday ? No time leh...

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Last time I use to clean the Rims using Sponge, Warm water and detergent...
Polish using Autosol and then protect using WaxCO Rim Protector..

Now malas... any easier way ?

Bert

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Muddy Delta
Visit site
I was told to wax yoru rims to protect against dirt. But I lazy to do since my rims r a bit scratched and also 9lots of tar dots there.

Wash it ocne in a while. Or change to EBC Greens tuff... or get that anti-dust thing

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
hmm what can we do to the front disc brakes so next time there will be no brake dust at all? very dirty man, i just use a cloth and car shampoo to clean my rims :lol: , i wash my car twice a week but only clean the rims once a week :lol:

last sat. i wash my car .. then at night i go out .. suddenly drizzling for less than 5 minutes .. aiyooo .. when i drive back home .. all the dust everywhere my car .. the next morning i see .. SHIT .. :(

VeiL

Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
i also try b4...
guess wat, one day i suka hati send my car to petrol station beside those car wash... then when almost finish vakumm and ohters stuff... rain comes liau suddenly~! that time really !@#$%^&*()......
reach home and see, hai joh... at nite time i wash with my hand again... midnite sleeping rain again... 2molo morning got those water mark~ GET MAD MAN~! :blink:

alexnek

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
wah rim can be polished wan ar? wat bout black rim? how to maintain it shinny shinny?

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Polish Black rim shiny - shiny ah ? Use Johnson's KIT Car Wax loh :) hahha.

Anyway.. Just for your info.. I polish my Leather Steering Wheel using KIWI Shoe Shine .. hahah.. Darn good and Clean.. But have to wipe it clean properly, if not you will get your hand all black black when you drive.. :)

My Steering :

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Anyway,how to get rid of those brake dust?
Oh man~!~!~!
Mine now wash then go drive to town and come back jes around 10km, all dust again.
Changing brake pads?
Is there anyway?

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by ken12292703@Nov 21 2003, 11:01 PM
Oh man~!~!~!
Mine now wash then go drive to town and come back jes around 10km, all dust again.
Changing brake pads?
Is there anyway?
yeap, what can we do to the discbrake? :ph34r:
mine after everyweek

alexnek

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
i think the oni way is to change brake pad, unless u can use drum for the front :)

DARKWiNG

Nov 17, 2003
i've seen pple using a piece of metal plate that covers the front of the wheels to prevent the brake dusts from coming out

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Originally posted by ken12292703@Nov 21 2003, 11:01 PM
Oh man~!~!~!
Changing brake pads?
Is there anyway?
Get those less dust brake pads..
Like DON, EBC...

I am using DON now.. Not bad.. not much dust is seen.. More dust form the road than brake dust :)

DARKWiNG

Nov 17, 2003
Well, DON sucks when u brake at high speeds

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:smile: ..i just change my stock turbin to AR60 twin blade type..but the prob is..its seems like my fuel pump cannot support enough fuel...so , anybody can help me what the cost of gtr fuel pump @ others suitable pump & the cost...pls assume me as a newbee in the turbo world, btw the machine is rb20det/manual...tolong ye abang 2X.. :dancing2:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience