ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, many of my friends have been using engine oil sold by Tesco too, and Tesco have been selling plenty of them and if those oil are not good, imagine how many engine would have failed already......lol:biggrin:
Unfortunately lately I noticed Tesco is not selling much of other popular oil brands anymore leh! The one I often visit now only has Castrol! :banghead: Anyone know or hear anything related to this??

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Unfortunately lately I noticed Tesco is not selling much of other popular oil brands anymore leh! The one I often visit now only has Castrol! :banghead: Anyone know or hear anything related to this??
I am a loyal user of engine oil from tesco.I even service all vehicle in my family using engine oil bought at tesco..below are the list;
1.Wira 1.5 1999 auto ( sold )
2.Waja 1.8 2002
3.Pajero 1997 LO47
4.Kenari 2004
5.W124 Merc
6.Exora cfe
7.BLM 2008

All vehicle has undergo at least twice oil change if its not driven frequently like the pajero and exora.My BLM has lost count already.Its 150k km now and been using tesco brand since the mileage is below 100k km.

On the stock at Tesco,both outlet in Melaka still has normal supply of engine oil.Now have Repsol and Penzzoil.Repsol lowest price is RM119 for semi 5l package if not mistaken.

I dont see any reason to buy engine oil at spare part shop anymorr unless they discount kaw2 like Tesco did.
Sometimes its so cheap that i changed semi oil at 5k interval.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The shell oil engine warranty has so many clauses it's somewhat questionable.

The warranty only covers damage from the oil. And how often do we hear engine oil causing catastrophic engine failure? Usually it's the wear and tear parts that cause the failures and the warranty doesn't cover those.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah!, some oil not that cheap as before also.....:banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The shell oil engine warranty has so many clauses it's somewhat questionable.

The warranty only covers damage from the oil. And how often do we hear engine oil causing catastrophic engine failure? Usually it's the wear and tear parts that cause the failures and the warranty doesn't cover those.
Marketing......lol

Oct 25, 2017
Yah!, some oil not that cheap as before also.....:banghead:
yea, sometimes i do experience that shell station selling the shell helix are expensive than other place... as for now i learnt to buy the engine oil by myself then only ask foreman help me change...
able to save more cost...

Oct 25, 2017
The SHEW edy launch, that really a great promotion which covers engine warranty, feel great to have it.somehow heard shell new promotion also finally launch, I heard from my friend that shell going to launch this benefit to customer, bit confused on shew and new promotion.ayone know bit details on it? free oil maybe?:burnout:
free the shell helix product, but only after 4th oil changes, by the way its good to have this promotion also, i think can improve more people to know about take care of their engine, although its easy to always send service on time, but also extra knowledge on the engine condition

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Just be patient. It will come again. The last one i bought was from giant, back in march. The giant promo was RM129. As soon as got, grab a few at one go. I have 3 new 4L bottles in my personal stock.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just be patient. It will come again. The last one i bought was from giant, back in march. The giant promo was RM129. As soon as got, grab a few at one go. I have 3 new 4L bottles in my personal stock.
I bought almost 2 years supply. From Tesco, UMW warehouse sale, Aeon also....lol

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Damnn I was looking up & down for those Tesco Helix Ultra but not available in few tesco around Klang Valley....finally i settled with Castrol Magnatec coz no choice....currently at tesco only available Casrol, Tesco Brand & Pennzoil if not mistaken...all are semi except Magnatec which got both semi & fully synthetic

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Damnn I was looking up & down for those Tesco Helix Ultra but not available in few tesco around Klang Valley....finally i settled with Castrol Magnatec coz no choice....currently at tesco only available Casrol, Tesco Brand & Pennzoil if not mistaken...all are semi except Magnatec which got both semi & fully synthetic
Their sales nowadays must get right date and time. Off and on still see Helix Ultra, but mostly Repsol now on sale.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Tesco does offer Shell Helix oil, much cheaper on promotions (like last few weeks they have for only rm139 for the Helix Ultra 5w40). The T&C obviously disqualify them but I'd just settle for such promotions either Shell or other oils and take my chance without such warranty coz the price difference is way too big.
What is the price different between Shell Helix at petrol station, tesco and lazada online?
I heard someone them saying can get through online also... since Shell have the warranty and reward i seem quite attract with the promotion now... hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu
i had changed my wira se cat con n center box to bullet
the set up like below:
ori wise 4-2-1 -> bullet -> 1.7' piping -> ori wise muffer
but i face a big problem after install
my car feel heavier than original set up
my fren changed his wise piping also
his set up is:
ori wise 4-2-1 -> 1.7' piping -> bullet -> 1.7' piping -> ori wise muffer
his car is more powerful after changed
may i know which setting is correct and suitable for my wira se manual :confused:
please help. ..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience