Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Check your wiring for the sensors leading back to the ecu. If it aint the wiring, it has to be the ecu. Sensors relay information back to the ecu. It's the ecu that makes the decisions.
They had unplug all the socket and wait for an hour(dunno why) and connet them back. I let it idling 30minute while aircond open and it didn't went dead.

Now I am like driving a time bomb. Dunno when the car will went dead again. Hahahahahahaha

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If possible just borrow 2 grounding cable and install at engine block and firewall back to battery.

I am thinking its bad grounding. Different driving situation will have different current+grounding demand. During idle, a bad grounding wont pose much problem...on cars laden with electronics, revving the engine with bad grounding will show multiple error code.

Reactions: sanekit

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If possible just borrow 2 grounding cable and install at engine block and firewall back to battery.

I am thinking its bad grounding. Different driving situation will have different current+grounding demand. During idle, a bad grounding wont pose much problem...on cars laden with electronics, revving the engine with bad grounding will show multiple error code.
With regards to bad grounding, wont that show up more during starting when a large current is drawn? If grounding to engine was suspect, it cant possibly pass through enough amperage to start.

Not totally ruling out grounding. If ecu has bad ground to chassis, then it may cause issues. But that's related to chassis ground and not the engine side

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
With regards to bad grounding, wont that show up more during starting when a large current is drawn? If grounding to engine was suspect, it cant possibly pass through enough amperage to start.

Not totally ruling out grounding. If ecu has bad ground to chassis, then it may cause issues. But that's related to chassis ground and not the engine side
yup it should show up during starting.
since the car is driven over rough surface and wiring is old, possible shaking+ratting damaged of loosen some crimping and caused oxidation.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Grounding sometimes hard to understand. Like got one time was at mechanic place, he was doing an old car. Change rear brake light bulb, step on brakes, ok. Turn on signal the brake light gone. Finally he add a thin ground wire from tail light to car body, everything running fine.......lol

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
You replaced 2 sensors? Where exactly is the camshaft sensor located on the wira vdo? Did you take any pics? Please share.

The 1st one is cam sensor is at the distributor top there

The 2nd one is crank locate at the bottom one

Attachments

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Grounding sometimes hard to understand. Like got one time was at mechanic place, he was doing an old car. Change rear brake light bulb, step on brakes, ok. Turn on signal the brake light gone. Finally he add a thin ground wire from tail light to car body, everything running fine.......lol
Mayb I need to find someone know about grounding to help me in this one. Hahhahaha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The ground point at rear trunk is probably rusted. Has enough to power the signal light but not the brake light.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The 1st one is cam sensor is at the distributor top there
That's similar to my 4G93 but mine has crank sensor there as well.

So, you dont have a picture of the crank sensor at it's location near the crank pulley. Is it inside or outside of the timing case?

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
That's similar to my 4G93 but mine has crank sensor there as well.

So, you dont have a picture of the crank sensor at it's location near the crank pulley. Is it inside or outside of the timing case?

Yup,the crank sensor is locate near the cranj pulley. Vdo have a gear shape thingy attached to the crank pulley.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey everyone, here is my freshly wrapped GTR! Had a hard time deciding what colour I should wrap it in..I knew I wanted a Matte/Satin colour but there are not many colours out on the market.. So you can imagine how happy I was when 2 weeks ago Paul (PW Pro) contacted me to tell me that a company in Italy had released some new (Matte) colours!

I quickly decided on the Satin...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience