Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Wira update

My car while driving the engine suddenly went dead. Usually i thought is throttle body kotor something like that.
But this time is a bit different. The car engine went dead and cannot start. After checking thr 1st time is the camshaft sensor. After checking it the engine is went well.
The 3rd day the engine went deed again in front if mamakbstire. And cannot start agn. I call my technician he told me to took the negative wire out for 5 minute then tie back. After doing it the engine can start again.

Today,lagi syok. The car engine terus went dead in the middle of the road. After doing the some thing as yesterday the engine still cannot start. So I just tie back the wire and wait abit long time suddenly the car start up agn. I terus drive to the workshop asap.

Now what I know is the car wiring or sensor thing got issue but didn't kNow what went wrong. Quite piss off. Hahahahahaha
i'm still trying to understand this.. read below for the main sensors in 4G15 VDO

Copied from LYN thread here
SENSOR LIST* (for 4G13/15 engines with Siemens-VDO EMS)
============================================

1] Intake Air Temperature Sensor: similar to Manifold Temperature Sensor but mounted with a clip on the intake ram pipe after the air filter housing.

2] Throttle Position Sensor: located inside the "blackbox" on the throttle body, which is the the housing for the TPS and servo motor.

3] Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor: mounted on top of the intake manifold directly (no vacuum hose) with two 8mm bolts.

4] Coolant Sensor: mounted near the termostat of the cooling system. Screw-in type.

5] Oxygen Sensor: mounted on the exhaust manifold, before the catalytic converter. Screw-in type.

6] Crankshaft Position Sensor: 2-part - timing rotor welded on the crank pulley, hall-effect sensor mounted on a bracket with a 8mm bolt, beside the pulley, below the alternator.

7] Camshaft position Sensor: (possibly) located inside the ignition distributor.

8] Crank Pressure Sensing Switch: mounted on the engine block, behind the exhaust manifold. Screw-in type.

9] Fuel Pressure Regulator**: non-electronic "vacuum sensing switch" to control the fuel pressure mechanically. Located at the end of the fuel rail, mounted with two 10mm bolts.

source: http://drexchan.fotopic.net/c1099737.html

Reactions: Izso

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
2 cranks sensors in the space of a year? What happened to the first one?
The 1st one rosak already. When my car 1st time engine dead & plug the obd2 port we saw the crank sensor issue. After replacing it everything went fine.
After 2 day then the car went dead agn.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
For me I had
i'm still trying to understand this.. read below for the main sensors in 4G15 VDO

Copied from LYN thread here
SENSOR LIST* (for 4G13/15 engines with Siemens-VDO EMS)
============================================

1] Intake Air Temperature Sensor: similar to Manifold Temperature Sensor but mounted with a clip on the intake ram pipe after the air filter housing.

2] Throttle Position Sensor: located inside the "blackbox" on the throttle body, which is the the housing for the TPS and servo motor.

3] Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor: mounted on top of the intake manifold directly (no vacuum hose) with two 8mm bolts.

4] Coolant Sensor: mounted near the termostat of the cooling system. Screw-in type.

5] Oxygen Sensor: mounted on the exhaust manifold, before the catalytic converter. Screw-in type.

6] Crankshaft Position Sensor: 2-part - timing rotor welded on the crank pulley, hall-effect sensor mounted on a bracket with a 8mm bolt, beside the pulley, below the alternator.

7] Camshaft position Sensor: (possibly) located inside the ignition distributor.

8] Crank Pressure Sensing Switch: mounted on the engine block, behind the exhaust manifold. Screw-in type.

9] Fuel Pressure Regulator**: non-electronic "vacuum sensing switch" to control the fuel pressure mechanically. Located at the end of the fuel rail, mounted with two 10mm bolts.

source: http://drexchan.fotopic.net/c1099737.html

For me I had chg
Air flow
Can sensor
Crank sensor x2
Oxygen sensor
The nightmare has come to me. Hahahahhaaha
What I afraid the most is those wiring & sensor thingy rosakI really don't have a clue to fix it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Some times I think carburetor car is better, for longetivity that is....my old proton saga never gave these kinds of problems, sure the idling wasnt the most consistent, but it will always run.
Everything manual.....lol
My earlier cars were all Carb, even played with Weber......haha

Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The 1st one rosak already. When my car 1st time engine dead & plug the obd2 port we saw the crank sensor issue. After replacing it everything went fine.
After 2 day then the car went dead agn.
You should find out what happened to the second sensor to cause it to die. Sounds like short or physical damage if you ask me. If it's a short then GG..... if it's physical damage you going off-road a lot ah?

my friend start to persuade me to switch to a mmc.
Lmaoooo
Believe me MMC has it's own set of problems. MMC is also more "dumber" so needs a lot more input from you to make it work. Then there's the dreaded throttle body screw....... hahahaha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Believe me MMC has it's own set of problems. MMC is also more "dumber" so needs a lot more input from you to make it work. Then there's the dreaded throttle body screw....... hahahaha
Tbh, I dont see how VDO is smarter when all it's sensors left, right and center breaks down so often

• Haha
Reactions: sanekit

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
You should find out what happened to the second sensor to cause it to die. Sounds like short or physical damage if you ask me. If it's a short then GG..... if it's physical damage you going off-road a lot ah?

My working environment is quite....bad
Construction site as you can think.
Got dust,sand,mud,water pond
Gravel road,cement road, half half off road to be honest. Hahahahahahhaa

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Any sifu know is there anywhere selling those wira bottom engine cover? Like thise conti car have at their bottom of car one.
Very2 long time ago when my hair are all still black, there is one company whom makes and sell this.Its a local brand. However i dont recall the name brand or if they are still around. Maybe other member with more white hair than me can shed sone light.

eh....
few second of using the power of internet

Attachments

Reactions: minibeany

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just received my car last friday and noticed the 'check engine light' never lights up just before starting the engine. If i'm not mistaken, the light should be turned on automatically for a few seconds before/during starting the engine?:confused: Anybody have any experience about this? Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience