Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Wira update

I had pickup my car after work.
Really satisfied with the result. They had spray a coat of black or base coat? Not sure but very satisfied.
yea they should coat it.... putty if im not wrong is porous

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
After the wrap the exterior part is all done.

I have some plan for the car in the future. The plan are

-Mild camshaft 275 (not going to high cam
-lightweight crank pulley
-Adjustable cam ( can I juz use back the stock cam pulley if I change the camshaft?
-wira 1.6/1.8 full set brake & gsr full set (the evo brake pump still inside my house haven't use .ahahahahaha
-Short shifter
-Better tyre, either Re003 or advan fleva
-stainless steel extractor with heat wrap?

I also found some issue regarding the cam. When I ask the seller,he told me that 4g15 vdo camshaft is a little bit shorter compare to a 4g15 cab type and I need to add some washer at the coil pack area. I was like won't it effect the durability?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

-Adjustable cam ( can I juz use back the stock cam pulley if I change the camshaft?
-wira 1.6/1.8 full set brake & gsr full set (the evo brake pump still inside my house haven't use .ahahahahaha
-Short shifter

I also found some issue regarding the cam. When I ask the seller,he told me that 4g15 vdo camshaft is a little bit shorter compare to a 4g15 cab type and I need to add some washer at the coil pack area. I was like won't it effect the durability?
what are you expecting from the set of cams? also are there no proper fitting cams?

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
what are you expecting from the set of cams? also are there no proper fitting cams?
To me juz smoother & lighter accelarate. Alittle bit more power while overtake. I won't expect to gv me alot by juz fitting the camshaft juz overall better perfomance then now then is ok for me.

The seller say the camshaft is base on a 4g15 cab camshaft to design. So is a little bit longer(never know vdo & cab have different lenght of camshaft.
So now I juz doing more research. If really can't I juz give up on it.Hahahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

-Short shifter

Mild cam easily to drive in town. Hopefully by then, RE-004 is out........

Last edited:

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Mild cam easily to drive in town. Hopefully by then, RE-004 is out........
Yup,that my point. Easily to dtive in town. So mild cam is good to me.
Sifu know which brand camshaft can fit in a vdo type engine?
Re004 hope they have 15 inch.hahahahahaha

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

-Short shifter

i thought u gonna swap 4G92 MIVEC? :driver:
those mods @Izso can clarify coz he'd done all of it on his old 4G15 wira.

brakes if u still using 4g15 i think no need to upgrade to 1.6/1.8 or GSR. u'll brake lock very easy. just upgrade the rotors to slotted ones and use good pads.
tyres i'd still choose RE003 or can try RE004. singapore already got RE004. haha.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
i thought u gonna swap 4G92 MIVEC? :driver:
those mods @Izso can clarify coz he'd done all of it on his old 4G15 wira.

brakes if u still using 4g15 i think no need to upgrade to 1.6/1.8 or GSR. u'll brake lock very easy. just upgrade the rotors to slotted ones and use good pads.
tyres i'd still choose RE003 or can try RE004. singapore already got RE004. haha.
Wanna play until it went kaboom only consider. Hahahahaha.
Mild mod then call it a day for now.

Tyre wait until mine this set all worn out then I will go back to RE003 since my jazz use it very like the grip.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
The boss also dun suggest me to paint it. So I might as well wrap it.
Now still consider what colout do I choose.
6d carbon
Satin dark grey
Any suggestions guys?hahahahaha
white color hood with black body.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

-Short shifter

Don't bother with the lightweight crank pulley la. First of all there's almost no performance gain to changing to one. Secondly I guarantee you headaches afterwards after about a year or two of usage especially if it doesn't have a harmonic dampener built in. Thirdly it's damn freaking impossible to find a 4G15 VDO aftermarket crank pulley.

As for the camshaft - I think you're looking at the wrong type of camshaft or your seller is trying to con you. Have a look at my old car and it's installation. No shims or washers.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums/index.php?threads/basic-camshaft-installation-guide.390887/

I'd say go elsewhere to get the camshaft installed. And with a camshaft you need the adjustable crank pulley. Don't get the Works one unless the guy who installs it for you knows how to do it properly because the markings for Works cam pulleys are all wrong. Bloody thing moves too.

If you're gonna do camshaft forget about the crankpulley and all. Go for a standalone ECU with a proper harness. You can keep this ECU for future cars and transfer over to your potential next racecar or something. Piggybacks you only have 2 options and one of the options is already dead in the market. So that just leaves you with Unichip and for the price you pay there you might as well top it up a bit more for absolute control (standalone ECU). Piggybacks can only do so much.

Reactions: KHNG940413

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Don't bother with the lightweight crank pulley la. First of all there's almost no performance gain to changing to one. Secondly I guarantee you headaches afterwards after about a year or two of usage especially if it doesn't have a harmonic dampener built in. Thirdly it's damn freaking impossible to find a 4G15 VDO aftermarket crank pulley.

As for the camshaft - I think you're looking at the wrong type of camshaft or your seller is trying to con you. Have a look at my old car and it's installation. No shims or washers.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums/index.php?threads/basic-camshaft-installation-guide.390887/

I'd say go elsewhere to get the camshaft installed. And with a camshaft you need the adjustable crank pulley. Don't get the Works one unless the guy who installs it for you knows how to do it properly because the markings for Works cam pulleys are all wrong. Bloody thing moves too.

If you're gonna do camshaft forget about the crankpulley and all. Go for a standalone ECU with a proper harness. You can keep this ECU for future cars and transfer over to your potential next racecar or something. Piggybacks you only have 2 options and one of the options is already dead in the market. So that just leaves you with Unichip and for the price you pay there you might as well top it up a bit more for absolute control (standalone ECU). Piggybacks can only do so much.

The one I see is this

https://shopee.com.my/4G15-4G13-272...SATRIA)-CARBURATOR-EFI-i.232168134.5918377474

other then that I think all are 280 & 288 degree.

Crank pulley
https://shopee.com.my/Saga-12V-Wira...k-Pulley-T6061-Aluminium-i.17868449.250999330

After what you say and I think throught. In JB here I don't have a mechanic that is really skilled in doing this kind of mods.
If there is the case I think I might juz give up on this and changing the extractor since is kinda rusty .Hahahaha

Last edited: