Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
No leh! even my daughter mention no feel liao....:confused:

Yah! in a way after all the mod with extractor, piping, air filter, once jump to FI those butt no feeling liao....hahahaha:rofl:

Wanted to put 4G63T in also, mounting all sama sama but suspension and other parts very hard to find and expensive, so better not....
Actually I myself also have no more butt feeling on the device already. Thats why gotta take it out and re-check butt feel and FC

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Actually I myself also have no more butt feeling on the device already. Thats why gotta take it out and re-check butt feel and FC
When u coming Kepong let me know bro. Then can meet up.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
We only live once ma Chew, time to put in 4g63T, then slowly improve other parts la. I believe u not everyday also spirited drive one ma...haha! At least 2 Turbocharge cars, your daughter would be happier to drive the Hyundai haha!

Sleeper car. RCS suspension :rolleyes:
After she got her full license let her try VR but she prefer the Hyundai...haha so better not do anything. Got one beast to play with good enough....:driver:

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Yup, take out see got difference or not....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
I just installed this firestorm.. N i say it works beautifully on my Levin..

I think in some engine, it works but not in others.. Why?

It's just science.. Some engine design, burns fuel efficiently.. So, anything extra does not give any improvement

Some engine design have flaws n didn't fully burn d fuel.. This kind of engines need something like firestorm

Well.. That's only my opinion :wink:

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Oh.. Forgot to mention..

Product knowledge of d seller must be very good.. If not, terrible things will happen

I buy d product from a friend. He tell me to plug it in AM2 fuse..

I check my fuse.. AM2 is 30A.. & also different type of socket..

So, i ask around n google for answer

AM2 is actually for alternator.. So, if u plug in there, all electrical things in d car will be over-voltaged

If u have a voltage stabilizer, it would cancel d effect..

I put in IGN fuse.. Which i think is d right thing to do..

my opinion only

Last edited:

error0024

Dec 17, 2013
Johor Bahru
Not to say or side with TS though. But the firestorm does improve my CRV car though. Planning to put inside my MYVI soon enough.
Not sure, since so much sparks will it damage the spark plug and such? Got one more new version SUPER not sure how does it help with the thing. Said to be 3 times more though.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh! is meant to plug into ignition fuse. Is for ignition anyway so plug elsewhere is wrong already....

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Have any1 here tried stormberg?

Great lil gadget but its frequency disturb d car's radio

I've tried it 4 a while.. Then, throw it away

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Does any1 burnt their ignition coil after installing firestorm?

My coil burnt yesterday.. I think bcoz i drive it hard n long.. A bit bz that day

Now replace d coil with used 1 n put 15a fuse on firestorm (20a previously)

Will test this setup for a while n see what'll happen :wink:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

My coil burnt yesterday.. I think bcoz i drive it hard n long.. A bit bz that day

thought you threw away as mentioned in your previous post?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
thought you threw away as mentioned in your previous post?
the 1 i throw away is STORMBERG

I'm still using d FIRESTORM.. it works fine.. running lean now.. so, i need to put more fuel in it.. I'll get a fuel regulator soon..

well, u know, to get more power u need more air, more fuel n more spark :wink:

i just wanna know if any1 else has a burnt coil after using it.. my coil is old already.. it will die sooner or later, right?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the 1 i throw away is STORMBERG

I'm still using d FIRESTORM.. it works fine.. running lean now.. so, i need to put more fuel in it.. I'll get a fuel regulator soon..

well, u know, to get more power u need more air, more fuel n more spark :wink:

i just wanna know if any1 else has a burnt coil after using it.. my coil is old already.. it will die sooner or later, right?
In a way, but if second one dies, then you know what is the cause....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm very very very curious as to why the manufacturer or designer or owner of this product decided to use no marketing strategy as their marketing strategy. I mean, no website, no published findings, no explanation on how it works or why it works and solely rely on their resellers to do their selling for them with youtube videos of the product increasing the capacitance or voltage output of the sparkplug (incidentally they claim it's not a step-up device, which if it was - it would shorten the lifespan of the source of electricity) and when asked, all the resellers do nothing but try to debunk based on their trial runs.

I'm sorry but that's like saying the Wright brothers saying that human flight is possible because birds can do it too. Where's the proof? Where's the how-does-it-work? I need so much more than feedback from people who'll probably succumb to the placebo effect because the product isn't cheap to buy in the first place. Also, modern car manufacturers aren't exactly dumb. If there's a way to make something work better I'm sure they would've applied it if it was economically viable.

Sorry.

Just venting.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Mine is still running ok so far..

I'm very very very curious as to why the manufacturer or designer or owner of this product decided to use no marketing strategy as their marketing strategy. I mean, no website, no published findings, no explanation on how it works or why it works and solely rely on their resellers to do their selling for them with youtube videos of the product increasing the capacitance or voltage output of the sparkplug (incidentally they claim it's not a step-up device, which if it was - it would shorten the lifespan of the source of electricity) and when asked, all the resellers do nothing but try to debunk based on their trial runs.

I'm sorry but that's like saying the Wright brothers saying that human flight is possible because birds can do it too. Where's the proof? Where's the how-does-it-work? I need so much more than feedback from people who'll probably succumb to the placebo effect because the product isn't cheap to buy in the first place. Also, modern car manufacturers aren't exactly dumb. If there's a way to make something work better I'm sure they would've applied it if it was economically viable.

Sorry.

Just venting.
Too bad we did not find an electric/electronic engineer. If not we can dismantle and let him see and he could explain the circuit to us.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

im thinking of putting a set of hi-low adjustables absorbers for my ride. but the problem is that there is so many brands out there and im afraid if those shocks would be to stiff. Which brand is recommended?? Thx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience