Q60 coupe starts production at Infiniti's upgraded Factory!

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

Infiniti has started production of the new Q60 sports coupe at its manufacturing facility in Tochigi, Japan. Producing Infiniti vehicle since 1989, the Tochigi plant marks a major milestone with the kick-off of Q60 production.

The plant took a series of upgrades to the production line, featuring cutting-edge manufacturing processes to meet requirements of the new model.

Advanced production lines

• Improved stamping and assembly lines - capable of producing complex and unique design shapes. Hybrid combination of a resin skin on a steel frame for Q60's trunk lid can be realized.
  • New lighting, camera and video system - precisely managing quality control.
Custom-built paint booth

• Dedicated paint booth - to make for the Q60's new "Dynamic Sandstone Red" which requires new painting setup, machinery precision and manual attention from Infiniti's coating experts.

Takumi and Kaizen

• Takumi (master craftsmen) - only 216 picked from the plant's 4,500 workforce, possess high level of technical knowledge as well as deep understanding to the brand's core values.
  • Kaizen - continuous improvement, Takumi undergoing intensive training to obtain new techniques and skills.
  • Meister Takumi - an additional 6 Miester Takumi are specially selected to ensure the manufacturing process and its products meet the requirement, parallel to Infiniti's unique mixture of attributes.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Since Q50 is badged as V37 Skyline Sedan in Japan, could this Q60 be badged as V37 Skyline Coupe in Japan? A successor of V36 Skyline 370GT.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, good day. Im driving a wira 1.5 a/b se and I could hear somesort of metal clanging sound everytime I start my car after the engine gets cold. I could hear the sound only when I start the car after turning off the engine for more than two or three hours. Starting the car early in the morning is the worse. Starting the car after 30 mins or even 1 hour of turning off the engine results in no sound at all. The sound will disappear after some time, maybe after 10 mins of drive. Im having...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience