Proton Ertiga unveiled - 1.4-litre, EEV-certified, from RM59k!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If your car doesn't need higher ron then no point using at all, it's just all placebo effect and waste of money! Like your Wira, can just use ron87/88 actually. :biggrin: All my cars back then only use ron 91/92 also.

Yes, in general Indonesian are more blend in between the different races. The Chinese mixes up a lot with the true locals. Even the locals consist of many very different tribe origins with vastly different cultures. Probably one of the main reason is because we don't have separate schools like here, all schools uses the same curriculum and the same language which is Indonesian. So yeah I'd say less racist than here, but there are some still and on few occasions like that riot, sadly the Chinese became the scapegoat due to their generally higher economic status.

Normal cars are a bit cheaper than here but high end cars especially sports cars or direct imported cars which are not distributed by the brands sole distributors are way more expensive. Over there also cannot import used cars as recon cars like here.
I thought RON does make a difference as I heard some people said their car engine performed more smoothly if they use RON97. Don't know why unless the RON95 in some petrol station is tampered with? I've heard of cases where petrol station people mixed up things into the petrol. :banghead:

I think there are pros and cons of the system in Indonesia. Good thing is, it promotes unity and a more unified community where ethnic differences are kept to a minimum. Bad thing is, some cultures will lose much of their previous cultural history. I've heard some Chinese in Indonesia no longer carries a Chinese name and some do not even speak the language. Assimilated into the current society well but lost their original cultural heritage.

Is there any difference in pricing between CKD imported cars from South East Asia like Thailand, Malaysia with imported ones not from South East Asia? No recon cars in Indonesia means JDM car choices is also quite limited...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I thought RON does make a difference as I heard some people said their car engine performed more smoothly if they use RON97. Don't know why unless the RON95 in some petrol station is tampered with? I've heard of cases where petrol station people mixed up things into the petrol. :banghead:

I think there are pros and cons of the system in Indonesia. Good thing is, it promotes unity and a more unified community where ethnic differences are kept to a minimum. Bad thing is, some cultures will lose much of their previous cultural history. I've heard some Chinese in Indonesia no longer carries a Chinese name and some do not even speak the language. Assimilated into the current society well but lost their original cultural heritage.

Is there any difference in pricing between CKD imported cars from South East Asia like Thailand, Malaysia with imported ones not from South East Asia? No recon cars in Indonesia means JDM car choices is also quite limited...
No lah, like I said, that's placebo effect only, pure BS! If your car only needs say ron90, then putting in higher ron is a waste, simple as that.

Yes, that's true. Like me, I don't have Chinese name anymore, cannot speak Chinese, and don't know much about the Chinese tradition too, already pretty much westernized.

Hmm maybe not but nobody imports from Thailand leh. Why need to if have much money to import from Japan or Europe?? People who import and buy brand new cars direct are rich people only so surely they don't just import a Thailand made Toyota la. They will import new GTRs, Ferraris, etc2 straight from the origin country. So yeah JDM cars are very rare there hence very expensive. If got some on sale as used cars, they will open price like gold! For example, an Evo VIII GSR can easily still sold at over rm180k while the IX are still over rm200k sometimes over 250k! R34 GTR can still open price over rm300k there.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i think currently last 5-6 years can see school accumulate by certain races in malaysia base on population.
Before that, sek kebangsaan is fully mixed of all races. Indeed, is very good. Where the old days, everyone is equal.
I think many late 30's and above in ZTH been through hard time and best time during kids. Where house door is left unlock, neighboring kids run in/out freely. Go to school walking alone, nothing happen.
Nowadays ? get in, close door. I admit i doing it too.
Theft, robbery, kidnap...whoa whatever you can think of.
The monetary gap is getting bigger by days. Very sad. Safety is priority.

Frankly speak, i duno read chinese word. I'm fully sek kebangsaan in primary and secondary.
School din teach racism, don care lah you're tamil-ed, chinese-ed. Tepuk dada, tanya sendiri.
Got one time i join my fren (wearing kopiah), until warung pakcik ask i'm a muslim. He surprise, i say No and fasih bahasa.

Alamak...alignment out again. hehehehe....
Same with me too. Came from english school. Pretty much fluent in Malay as well. Can't read or write in Chinese word.

No lah, like I said, that's placebo effect only, pure BS! If your car only needs say ron90, then putting in higher ron is a waste, simple as that.

Yes, that's true. Like me, I don't have Chinese name anymore, cannot speak Chinese, and don't know much about the Chinese tradition too, already pretty much westernized.

Hmm maybe not but nobody imports from Thailand leh. Why need to if have much money to import from Japan or Europe?? People who import and buy brand new cars direct are rich people only so surely they don't just import a Thailand made Toyota la. They will import new GTRs, Ferraris, etc2 straight from the origin country. So yeah JDM cars are very rare there hence very expensive. If got some on sale as used cars, they will open price like gold! For example, an Evo VIII GSR can easily still sold at over rm180k while the IX are still over rm200k sometimes over 250k! R34 GTR can still open price over rm300k there.
Eh? What? You're a Chinese? My biggest surprise for today. I actually thought you are like Indonesians who looked like Malay. Sorry, no offence. Hard to tell who is who from forum ID name alone. If so, then probably most people you meet here will think that you are a local.

I mean how about imported cars who are built in Thailand factories like those pickup trucks. How much can your kind of 4G93 Lancer be sold?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Same with me too. Came from english school. Pretty much fluent in Malay as well. Can't read or write in Chinese word.

Eh? What? You're a Chinese? My biggest surprise for today. I actually thought you are like Indonesians who looked like Malay. Sorry, no offence. Hard to tell who is who from forum ID name alone. If so, then probably most people you meet here will think that you are a local.

I mean how about imported cars who are built in Thailand factories like those pickup trucks. How much can your kind of 4G93 Lancer be sold?
Yeah they often start speaking Chinese to me. :biggrin:
Seldom people want to import that kind of pickup trucks coz can just buy from the local distributors. All my Mitsu cars were part of the local Mitsu product line up, assembled in Indonesia already. When brand new back in 96, the 4G93 Lancer was around rm20-25k if converted using the current exchange rate.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeah they often start speaking Chinese to me. :biggrin:
Seldom people want to import that kind of pickup trucks coz can just buy from the local distributors. All my Mitsu cars were part of the local Mitsu product line up, assembled in Indonesia already. When brand new back in 96, the 4G93 Lancer was around rm20-25k if converted using the current exchange rate.
Ah, but nowadays, a lot of Chinese people at KL can't speak chinese language too. :biggrin: But since you are staying here for quite some time, maybe it is a good thing to let your kids pick up chinese language since it might be useful in future due to China's ever growing influence on the economy.

So, Indonesia assembles cars like Triton over there?

Your Lancer was cheap. If used price, probably same as Proton Wira now? If over here, even a used Lancer like yours will have a price of at least RM30k due to its rarity.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ah, but nowadays, a lot of Chinese people at KL can't speak chinese language too. :biggrin: But since you are staying here for quite some time, maybe it is a good thing to let your kids pick up chinese language since it might be useful in future due to China's ever growing influence on the economy.

So, Indonesia assembles cars like Triton over there?

Your Lancer was cheap. If used price, probably same as Proton Wira now? If over here, even a used Lancer like yours will have a price of at least RM30k due to its rarity.
Used price not sure now, coz not following much anymore, maybe I guess around rm15k. Last time when I sold mine was in 2007 at about rm20+k. Huh here so expensive meh that car? But yeah , I've never seen it here, not even once coz here got Wira & Putra! I've seen some Lancer CK though.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Used price not sure now, coz not following much anymore, maybe I guess around rm15k. Last time when I sold mine was in 2007 at about rm20+k. Huh here so expensive meh that car? But yeah , I've never seen it here, not even once coz here got Wira & Putra! I've seen some Lancer CK though.
Sometimes you can see people selling original Lancer CB and they do cost a lot even for an unmodified one. Those who have been converted to Evo is worth even more.

Look at this.

http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=321371

Another Lancer convert to Evo 3.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=394486

CB4A Lancer 1.6 auto selling for RM38k.. Sort of crazy...

http://www.mudah.my/1992+Mitsubishi+Lancer-49982953.htm

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sometimes you can see people selling original Lancer CB and they do cost a lot even for an unmodified one. Those who have been converted to Evo is worth even more.

Look at this.

http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=321371

Another Lancer convert to Evo 3.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=394486

CB4A Lancer 1.6 auto selling for RM38k.. Sort of crazy...

http://www.mudah.my/1992+Mitsubishi+Lancer-49982953.htm
Crazy lah! I'd rather top up and buy real Evos, especially that CB4A! See, now you can get Evo VII GSR for around rm55-60k, why settle for a fake Evo or just an ordinary CB4 at only 10-15k less!??

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
They already pump 97 and pay higher price sure say something good loh, if not you say they stupid go and put for nothing.....hhahhahahhaha:rofl:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
97 in new car can feel different. On my nissan x-gear. Can feel lahhh...
On 93T, no feeling. hahahaha....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
They already pump 97 and pay higher price sure say something good loh, if not you say they stupid go and put for nothing.....hhahhahahhaha:rofl:
Exactly!

If the engine is high compression, like 10:1 or above then you may feel just a slight benefit of ron97 but if not then it won't. It got nothing to do with being a new car or old car. I'm using Toyota Mark X with 12:1 compression, granted it's a GDI engine, but even with such high compression the difference between 95 & 97 is not really significant. No knocking when I use 95, fuel consumption also about the same, which means my engine has mapping for as low as ron95, so I just use 95 even though ideally in Japan use 98, not even 97.

As for turbo cars like your 4G93T, it should give more significant power increase if you turn up the boost higher! The higher ron allows you to achieve higher boost, that's the benefit. If not increasing the boost then will not feel anything la.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Crazy lah! I'd rather top up and buy real Evos, especially that CB4A! See, now you can get Evo VII GSR for around rm55-60k, why settle for a fake Evo or just an ordinary CB4 at only 10-15k less!??
Evo VII? That one got less fame and popularity compared to these old 'legendary' Evo what. You know, I feel like the reason these cars are pricey is because of that bragging rights. Among a sea of Proton Wira drivers, you are driving the REAL Mitsubishi Lancer. So, is like the feeling proud kind of thing maybe. Hence, that is why the price got pushed up this high... Same like Civic especially EG. Normal EG or EH not much value but when it comes to original Japan blue tag EG6 or EG9 Civic SiR, suddenly damn expensive.

But really it is a waste of time for this RM38k Lancer CB 1.6 auto... I would just buy a Lancer CK convert to Evo V or VI since they are just selling for like 40-50k plus. Some nice conversion even came with Recaro seats and brembo... Almost like a real Evo...

Hmm, I'm not even sure because I heard before cases like Saga carb put RON97, the car is less jerky during low RPM. Put RON95, quite jerky. Previously when RON97 is cheap, I did try before. The only difference I felt is also during low RPM like going through speed bumps slowly in 2nd gear. It was less jerky.

Why this feels like it works the opposite way. Normal engine can feel the difference but performance engine can't.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Back to Ertiga again..
Wonder how will be the sales for this mini MPV, cc low, power low, 7 seater, FC got EEV for sure a bit better thus the price ard 56k.. mmmm might have some Proton fans buying it...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Evo VII? That one got less fame and popularity compared to these old 'legendary' Evo what. You know, I feel like the reason these cars are pricey is because of that bragging rights. Among a sea of Proton Wira drivers, you are driving the REAL Mitsubishi Lancer. So, is like the feeling proud kind of thing maybe. Hence, that is why the price got pushed up this high... Same like Civic especially EG. Normal EG or EH not much value but when it comes to original Japan blue tag EG6 or EG9 Civic SiR, suddenly damn expensive.

But really it is a waste of time for this RM38k Lancer CB 1.6 auto... I would just buy a Lancer CK convert to Evo V or VI since they are just selling for like 40-50k plus. Some nice conversion even came with Recaro seats and brembo... Almost like a real Evo...

Hmm, I'm not even sure because I heard before cases like Saga carb put RON97, the car is less jerky during low RPM. Put RON95, quite jerky. Previously when RON97 is cheap, I did try before. The only difference I felt is also during low RPM like going through speed bumps slowly in 2nd gear. It was less jerky.

Hello, we're talking about REAL Evo vs fake converted Evo, which one do you prefer to drive??? Even if the fake Evo is a rare Lancer CB, it's still NOT an Evo! No contest, I'll take a real Evo anytime any day. If it's a real Evo CE9A then maybe can consider coz it's very rare Evo.

That jerkiness because it's already having knocking symptoms leh coz you're forcing the car to go over speed bumps using 2nd gear instead of 1st gear. So it's not because the engine runs 'smoother' with the 97, but it's due to you being lazy to down shift. Sorry if I'm being straight to the point but that's the truth, I see many people who drive manual just too damn lazy to slow down properly then downshift to first in speed bumps. Of course the higher ron will help reduce the knocking, hence as if you feel it feels 'less jerky' or runs 'smoother' but other than that situation, that ron 97 doesn't do anything whatsoever for your car! So rather than buy 97 just because you're lazy to downshift, just drive properly then buy the cheaper 95 is good enough and will save a lot of money. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hello, we're talking about REAL Evo vs fake converted Evo, which one do you prefer to drive??? Even if the fake Evo is a rare Lancer CB, it's still NOT an Evo! No contest, I'll take a real Evo anytime any day. If it's a real Evo CE9A then maybe can consider coz it's very rare Evo.

That jerkiness because it's already having knocking symptoms leh coz you're forcing the car to go over speed bumps using 2nd gear instead of 1st gear. So it's not because the engine runs 'smoother' with the 97, but it's due to you being lazy to down shift. Sorry if I'm being straight to the point but that's the truth, I see many people who drive manual just too damn lazy to slow down properly then downshift to first in speed bumps. Of course the higher ron will help reduce the knocking, hence as if you feel it feels 'less jerky' or runs 'smoother' but other than that situation, that ron 97 doesn't do anything whatsoever for your car! So rather than buy 97 just because you're lazy to downshift, just drive properly then buy the cheaper 95 is good enough and will save a lot of money. :biggrin:
True but real evo cost way more than these Lancer isn't it? Except for the Evo VII. I've seen Evo V and VI selling higher than VII.

Ah, so that is the symptom of knocking. Well, previously my car really vibrates badly during low RPM even at speeds like 1500rpm. After the recent distributor fix where VR2 said probably my mechanic adjusted my timing, it feels a lot better now. No more jerking even on RPM lower than 1000. Last time, I occasionally need to shift to first to go through bumps. Now, even on third gear is not a problem but I still prefer second gear for better acceleration after that. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my curent engine is local proton 4g63...
if i wan to transplant to JDM 4g63 engine...izzt the alternator , throtle body , air cond pump and etc etc stuff around the engine no need change?
so if go for JDM version also no ned change the throtle body?
bcoz juz buy the engine more cheaper...and the throtle body i aledi change all in begining of tis year....if i transplant have to throw away all stuff...so sayangnya~

1)so if i go for JDM version...also same iztt?

2) how about if i got...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience