How bad you want that car next to you shake? :P

appleyard

500 RPM

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i always like subs that play low and loud. Its like your car is falling apart.

km_chew

Known Member

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Originally posted by appleyard@Mar 4 2005, 18:59
i always like subs that play low and loud. Its like your car is falling apart.
If i want to go low <<----(does that means the vibrating bass), which box should i use and what size? sealed or ported?

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
u wan it 2 go low n loud...ported...ported will supply u wit additional 3db a least compare 2 sealed...

appleyard

500 RPM

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
how low is low? it depends totaly on your preference. Usually ppl go for 28hz most will go to 30-35hz region.

like i said it depens on the subs itself. If you have a sub that is for SPL its possible to play low but at a ridiculous size (i'm talking 6 cu. ft or more) and the port will be like something like 14 inch long.

most SQ subs can play low at a smaller enclosure. Try and read the comparison for a ported and sealed and see which one do you prefer.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
oh ya...appleyard...since u say ported enclosure is so good...y sound stream company recon their sub 2 be in a sealed enclosure?

just asking..no offence...hope 2 learn more

km_chew

Known Member

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Assume if you got a good monoblock (high power), and a good sq subbies (such as Eclipse <<--- example),

what is the size of the enclosure? what type should use to get those low vibrating bass? newbie here wanna learn more.. :P

appleyard

500 RPM

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Yong
subs are designed to play the best in one specific enclosure only while will sound good or average (even worse) in other enclosure. Even Kicker recommend for SQ in a sealed enclosure and i did follow the instruction and the size of the box, its a 1 cu. ft sealed for CVR 12". it does produce some nice SQ but not enough for me. Btw i didnt say its so good, it has its pro and con compared to sealed and i'm into the pro of it.

Km chew

like i said, how low is low. For me 30 hz is good but i opted for 33hz. For ported, the bigger the size, the sub will be more efficient. You can have a 400w subs place in a 4 cu. ft box ported which will only need like 200w to play loud. The question is how much boot space can you afford? i can recommend you a 6cu. ft. box tuned to 28hz, but will it fit you car?

Kippo

Known Member

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
IMHO no need to paste long. Just paste the link.

yong,
why some Subs company recommend sealed box?
well not all subs can work well (i.e sounds nice) in ported box. You can do quick check if the sub is suited for sealed or vented enclosure by looking at the EBP (Efficiency Bandwith Product) numbers.

You can derive EBP = Fs/Qes (look at the sub T-S parameters).
EBP < 50 : The sub will perform best in a sealed enclosure
EBP between 50 and 90: Flexible in selection, though higher numbers like ported boxes
EBP > 90 : use this only in a ported enclosure

why port the box if the sub can play low in sealed box?
If you want exergerated low freq. (hence the term loud and low)

Ported box+sub has steep roll-off?
yep. But same with high Qtc. sealed box+sub (cue small box).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, yesterday i was in KL. heavy floods. So i has to go through the floods. When i came home, i noticed that the fog light was not working. any idea why?

btw, there is something called relay which might be connected to the fog light.

does it mean that i have to change or repair smtg in a proton each time it goes through a flood? :sad_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience