Places to go, things to do

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So now our travel restrictions have been semi-lifted. Genting got inundated with ridiculous amounts of visitors even though there were several positive tested cases detected recently and the roads have started to normalize into the old jam-like-f*ck roads we're so familiar with.

Anyone have any plans or places to be? I for one need to go Penang for some business but I'm super hesitant to go there in our current environment.

Anyone else have stories to share?

Reactions: Tom

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
So now our travel restrictions have been semi-lifted. Genting got inundated with ridiculous amounts of visitors even though there were several positive tested cases detected recently and the roads have started to normalize into the old jam-like-f*ck roads we're so familiar with.

Anyone have any plans or places to be? I for one need to go Penang for some business but I'm super hesitant to go there in our current environment.

Just go there. It does not make any difference whether you are going to another area (except) red zone than going to the shop to do grocery run. Every day we are taking 'calculated risk' by leaving our home.

For example, my workplace is allowing people from red zone with negative swab test provided to enter our premise. We cant afford to leave a machine down. So, its calculated risk we are taking. Even with a negative swab test, i am still not comfortable as we totally cant control people behavior and movement unless its PKPD.

Go ahead, travel to Penang. Just ensure you are very disciplined...observe SOP and do not take any chances. Above all, only travel if its really needed.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Considering Selangor and KL are the most infected area, I think going out from here I reckon might be safer!

I myself thinking just to drive out maybe to Cameron Highland, but not sure yet.

Reactions: gunnerzz

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Genting, those days, normal weekend also packed already. Thing is, travel to that certain pace, dare not go out also no point, unless go to beach resort, then relax at seaside.......lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Follow sop , do ur business and get out of there. Not a good time to join the crowd for penang food. Tapau better.
Self quarantine and swab test is no fun. Trust me.

Reactions: minibeany and Izso

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
For me, still skeptical if i need to check-in local hotel... not sure what is the SOP and sanitisation process that had been carried out. I know those big brands has SOP and standard to follow.

Secondly, it is challenging for the young kids. No more fun... cannot run, jump and have to wear mask... If don't wear, we are risking them...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For me, still skeptical if i need to check-in local hotel... not sure what is the SOP and sanitisation process that had been carried out. I know those big brands has SOP and standard to follow.

Secondly, it is challenging for the young kids. No more fun... cannot run, jump and have to wear mask... If don't wear, we are risking them...
Saw some videos on overseas big hotels also never follow sop for bed sheet and pillow case change......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

If I go Penang I'mma sleep in my car.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If I go Penang I'mma sleep in my car.
Was about to suggest that.
Some will say its uncomfortable but actually different car have different position where we can sleep comfortably inside the cabin. Just remember to park somewhere safe, wind down window just enough for ventilation but not enough for people to stick their hands into the car.

Dont forget to bring your own hand sanitiser too.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Roxette fan eh
haha! I prefer Lionel Ritchie but tbh I'm a dance music fan

Was about to suggest that.
Some will say its uncomfortable but actually different car have different position where we can sleep comfortably inside the cabin. Just remember to park somewhere safe, wind down window just enough for ventilation but not enough for people to stick their hands into the car.

Dont forget to bring your own hand sanitiser too.
Nothing a good recaro can't resolve. Hahaha! And personally I'm not a hand sanitizer. I prefer soap and water washes but sanitizer is good for emergency use I guess.

I am still contemplating about Penang. Maybe I'll just go by train..... which isn't much better

Reactions: Tom

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
haha! I prefer Lionel Ritchie but tbh I'm a dance music fan

Nothing a good recaro can't resolve. Hahaha! And personally I'm not a hand sanitizer. I prefer soap and water washes but sanitizer is good for emergency use I guess.

I am still contemplating about Penang. Maybe I'll just go by train..... which isn't much better
Go ahead travel and pls drive. If its business related/oppoturnity or u can call it 'calculated risk'...i will travel too for that reason. Just be safe. After all we are all educated adults. We should be OK of we behave like one.

About sleeping in cars..i got a colleague whom took a professional cert course and did just that. Classes are on Fri and Sat, after classes on Fri he will sleep in his car. Its just a Myvi and he can be considered a 'healthy' man. He did that for 1 year plus and its worth it. Now he is at it again, this time to Penang to get cert for 33kV thing. Waiting for the institute to re open....worth the risk.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Go ahead travel and pls drive. If its business related/oppoturnity or u can call it 'calculated risk'...i will travel too for that reason. Just be safe. After all we are all educated adults. We should be OK of we behave like one.

About sleeping in cars..i got a colleague whom took a professional cert course and did just that. Classes are on Fri and Sat, after classes on Fri he will sleep in his car. Its just a Myvi and he can be considered a 'healthy' man. He did that for 1 year plus and its worth it. Now he is at it again, this time to Penang to get cert for 33kV thing. Waiting for the institute to re open....worth the risk.
I'm not worried about me being an adult and taking precautions. I'm worried about other ignorant people who don't wear masks or stand too near you or give you flak when you ask them to follow SOP. I've heard too many people say shit to me when I ask them nicely to wear their masks properly. Cover your fucking nose when wearing a mask you morons... ish.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I'm not worried about me being an adult and taking precautions. I'm worried about other ignorant people who don't wear masks or stand too near you or give you flak when you ask them to follow SOP. I've heard too many people say shit to me when I ask them nicely to wear their masks properly. Cover your fucking nose when wearing a mask you morons... ish.
What i do when i encounter this type of people is just leave the area immediately.
If people stand too close to me, i will step away, if they que too close behind me i will gladly let 2-3 people jump my que. If all the above fail..i will leave.

We are basically behaving like robbers;
1.When we arrive, we stay in our car observing the surrounding. If there is too many 'witness' we stay in the car until its 'line clear'.
2.Once its 'line clear' we put on our mask and dash for the premise doing a quick, swift hit and run.

Even in my office there are those ignorant idiot not wearing facemask properly. I just gave them my 'disgusted with your attitude' look. Seems to be working. I guess its true what people say - action speaks louder than words.