Original 4G93T side Intercooler to front mount intercooler

Oct 30, 2020
Yo, hi bros.
I would like to change my original 4g93t auto gear box side mount intercooler to front mount, hope to get some feedback from all master below my concern:-
1. Any one can recommend where can I get a good workmanship welder and installer?
2. How much it cost to perform the welding and installation? Thinking to buy new intercooler myself.
1. what size of intercooler is good for 2 inch of SS pipe? or should I go for 2 1/2 inch intercooler and piping?
2. After change, will it be turbo lag even 2 inch of SS pipe?
3. Any counter measure if turbo lag? Not heavy investment because of Auto gearbox and for daily use only.

Appreciate your value feedback.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why do you want to remount to the front? The larger the intercool and longer piping = more lag i think.

If there's nothing wrong with the existing setup why change it?

NCC7322

Oct 30, 2020
Why do you want to remount to the front? The larger the intercool and longer piping = more lag i think.

just thinking front mount look nicer and more cooling effect.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup, larger sure lag, need time to spool.......

NCC7322

Oct 30, 2020
For proton to have an intercooler up front have to be hidden. If mount in front and especially clearly seen, cops love to stop you....hahhahahhahaha
I will tell the police bapa saya banyak wang. hahahaha

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Yo, hi bros.
I would like to change my original 4g93t auto gear box side mount intercooler to front mount, hope to get some feedback from all master below my concern:-
1. Any one can recommend where can I get a good workmanship welder and installer?
2. How much it cost to perform the welding and installation? Thinking to buy new intercooler myself.
1. what size of intercooler is good for 2 inch of SS pipe? or should I go for 2 1/2 inch intercooler and piping?
2. After change, will it be turbo lag even 2 inch of SS pipe?
3. Any counter measure if turbo lag? Not heavy investment because of Auto gearbox and for daily use only.

Appreciate your value feedback.
hi i'm running 93t manual with front mount ic (standard evo 1,2,3). But not on purpose because it come with halfcut.
Full ss pipe work cost me 2k 4yrs ago (feel like kena cut throat). Exhaust shop workmanship so far OK.
2 inch all way round. 2.5 inch from airbox to turbo. And samco ciplak hose...
Driven daily. No pssttt too, bov return to intake.
For front bumper i upgrade to Evo2 one. Stock wira bumper got many variants - mine one look ugly after cut big lobang, ic look like gigi jongang. Bonnet, fender still wira.
Lag ? i dont feel it so much, since stock tdo4 spool faster BUT out of oomph for long pull. Saw myvi i give way also...lol

Took me almost 2yrs to get it done. DO your homework.
And don give away plastic casing/tubing from airbox to turbo. Easily can sell at rm300.

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hi i'm running 93t manual with front mount ic (standard evo 1,2,3). But not on purpose because it come with halfcut.
Full ss pipe work cost me 2k 4yrs ago (feel like kena cut throat). Exhaust shop workmanship so far OK.
For front bumper i upgrade to Evo2 one. Stock wira bumper got many variants - mine one look ugly after cut big lobang, ic look like gigi jongang. Bonnet, fender still wira.
Lag ? i dont feel it so much, since stock tdo4 spool faster BUT out of oomph for long pull. Saw myvi i give way also...lol

And don give away plastic casing/tubing from airbox to turbo. Easily can sell at rm300.
Mine all transfer from halfcut, no change to SS, might have cost me another 1 to 2k.....lol

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

must give way to the King

myvi king.jpg