Old School Cars Discussion

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I wonder why the Honda prelude does not have a high value,IMHO the 1988-1992 ones looks pretty good, comfortable, and has above average performance, so why aren't people grabbing them. Perhaps because its FWD? That is my reason for not buying a prelude though, the FWD thingy.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
From what I hear, the fixed lamp prelude model wasnt entirely popular because the high engine capacity (2.2liter). This is often referred as VTEC besar models. The dashboard is uniquely "hate it, love it" look.

The older ones are 1.8 liter, and quite fancy with the flip-lamp and nice wedge sport car. Sadly, there are not so many followers.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I wonder why the Honda prelude does not have a high value,IMHO the 1988-1992 ones looks pretty good, comfortable, and has above average performance, so why aren't people grabbing them. Perhaps because its FWD? That is my reason for not buying a prelude though, the FWD thingy.
one of the cars i was considering, and like ken yeang mentioned... roadtax... heavy~.

the electronics in the dash also seem abit prone to failure but according to the prelude club, can always be fixed haha!!

parts from what i understand, no problem... theres a guy named jebat who specializes in the car.... lots of parts he has~

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
From what I hear, the fixed lamp prelude model wasnt entirely popular because the high engine capacity (2.2liter). This is often referred as VTEC besar models. The dashboard is uniquely "hate it, love it" look.

The older ones are 1.8 liter, and quite fancy with the flip-lamp and nice wedge sport car. Sadly, there are not so many followers.
H22A 2.2 litre?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
one of the cars i was considering, and like ken yeang mentioned... roadtax... heavy~.

the electronics in the dash also seem abit prone to failure but according to the prelude club, can always be fixed haha!!

parts from what i understand, no problem... theres a guy named jebat who specializes in the car.... lots of parts he has~
you are right, bro about spareparts. Big engine capacity and higher cost roadtax aside, the petrol consumption of this car is also higher due to old tech engine. Not to mention also some lost horsepower due to ageing.

I have to say the asking prices for 2nd hand cars are hard to resist. Afterall, its a Honda seh......:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nope, if saloon car company owned is even higher but funny thing is if they are non saloon cars, the higher the cc they are cheaper thsn being private owned......lol
This explains why many Hilux that I saw have a cheaper roadtax despite being 2.5 litre.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if like that, better set up a dummy-business / 5 cents business so we can enjoy cheaper ownership of cars. hahaha

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This explains why many Hilux that I saw have a cheaper roadtax despite being 2.5 litre.
But the calculator mentioned other then saloon cars, meaning if private owned other than saloon cars, you will enjoy lower road tax also.... :driver:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): What looks to be a nice and clean E63 BMW 6 with an assortment of aesthetics. Namely, the Alpina front add-on and M6 mirrors parked just outside Bangsar Shopping Centre, while sporting a nice single digit Johor plate.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience