NewBie to Perdana V6

spawn_net

Known Member
Jan 26, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys...

My Ride is Finally Out... Man It feels so different with a Manual Tranny... The engine sound perhhhhh.
Few things I need help;

1. For the 1st time an exhaust shop doesn't want to change my piping... haha I was shocked.. He said my standard is ok already..
I thought a 2'3" is the best for a manual tranny. The shop was at Ampang. (any advise)
2. There are standard open pot air filters for the V6, I think have to customize the piping and bcos of the air flow sensor, any recommendation for shop that can
do it?
3. Currently my gear knob feels naked... dun have the sarong.. most of them said have to do it at kusyen shop..... any plug and pay sarong... sm say campro can
fit..

Thank guys..

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Hi Guys...

My Ride is Finally Out... Man It feels so different with a Manual Tranny... The engine sound perhhhhh.
Few things I need help;

1. For the 1st time an exhaust shop doesn't want to change my piping... haha I was shocked.. He said my standard is ok already..
I thought a 2'3" is the best for a manual tranny. The shop was at Ampang. (any advise)
2. There are standard open pot air filters for the V6, I think have to customize the piping and bcos of the air flow sensor, any recommendation for shop that can
do it?
3. Currently my gear knob feels naked... dun have the sarong.. most of them said have to do it at kusyen shop..... any plug and pay sarong... sm say campro can
fit..

Thank guys..
yeah, the stock exhaust is suffice for a v6 manual.
nice and quiet.. please don't go to the extend of changing to bullet type..
super noisy..

my exhaust is the bullet type and this saturday, i probably will go to some exhaust shop and add a silencer.. super dislike..

when i'm using my v6, i just change the filter to K&N drop in and add a cold air intake directly. cost me less than RM100..
open pod.. not for me too..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi Guys...

Few things I need help;

do it?
fit..

Thank guys..
For My VR I did at Cushion shop also. Use PVC sew and fit...

spawn_net

Known Member
Jan 26, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Haha thanks for your advise..

Ytd tested my car from KL to Kuantan..
Enjoyed my ride, until near termeloh, my car engine died on me..
Totally no power...

rpm cant go more then 3k..
Long drive back home to workshop..
Apparently the Power unit faulty..

I just feel on the normal stock manual.. Pick up is good.. after 5k rpm.. it feels like slight draggy.. like the car wants to go but smthg is blocking it..
Any idea.. what I need to do?

I saw a video on youtube... Perdana V6 is so powerful..
I msg the guy but no response hahaha kedekut I guess to share..

here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEgkDn6ZX9w

Any you guys know what he did with his car?

Thanks

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
V6 manual hitting a 220km/hr, is normal and possible.

my previous v6 also hitting that.

what i did was simple:
iridium spark plug - since changing the spark plug is a chore when comes to v6.
add Cold air intake..
K&N air filter

then.. just step on it.

i maybe wrong but this is what i did..

bro, its normal. must understand, V6 is a cruising machine..
not some racing horse

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my old v6tt cannot pass the 180kmh mark. i treat it as a cruising machine when my kids & wife are around, it transforms into
a race car when im alone.....
Same here, but not only family members, as long as got passengers, slower speed. Alone, then can all out.....hhahahhahaha:rofl:
Max 180kph....Got speed cut right?....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

im thinking of putting a set of hi-low adjustables absorbers for my ride. but the problem is that there is so many brands out there and im afraid if those shocks would be to stiff. Which brand is recommended?? Thx.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience