NEW SAGA (BLM) Owners

yenyang.law

From Facebook
Oct 3, 2011
www.facebook.com
Attn to BLM users.. pls take extra cautious on the rear brake drum.. i just spent RM900++ to change whole brake hub, bearing, shoe... $$$ fly d... go for inspection once feel anything stranger... i heard many case d.. for blm.. take care...

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Attn to BLM users.. pls take extra cautious on the rear brake drum.. i just spent RM900++ to change whole brake hub, bearing, shoe... $$$ fly d... go for inspection once feel anything stranger... i heard many case d.. for blm.. take care...
Mind to elaborate what happened bro?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm currently facing an annoying problem for my Saga BLM 1.3.

It has the weird sound coming from the back each time i do a left
cornering. Sounds is a bit louder during a full left U-turn. But no
problem when turning right. Definitely not due to driveshaft.

Get the SC people to check in Taman Bukit Maluri. But on paper/
receipt stated solved. Loose screws..I was like okay, so once i drive
the car out, turn left only adi got sound.

Yet, I told them my brakes got sound, said solve as well drive out still
got sound, just not as loud as before...now back to square one again.
Really unreliable i would say.

So, decided to get outside workshop to check the funny sound that
coming from the back during cornering...sound like as though the
chassis is being bent. Like bending metal sound...ngek..ngek...ngekk...
hard to actually describe the sound in words though.

Outside workshop said he needed more time to find out the cause of it.
Might need to leave the car day for a day for him to inspect thoroughly.

Gonna let him handle it when im free to bring it there to check.
Anyone else, facing this problem? :banghead:

stevevoo86

Aug 26, 2010
sabah
Good morning bro EvolutionZ,

I have few questions here regarding my Proton saga BLM manual year December 2008

1) Warranty is 5 years or 3 years? coz i ask the SA Eon Kota kinabalu, he said 3 years.
2) Have u ever encounter when apply brake,the rear drum brake make the car feel bumpy/vibrating? if 5years warranty, wear and tear like brake still can claim warranty?
3) when turn on the air con, got "ik ik ik" sound. SC change the belt tensioner bearing for me, but still the same. What solution that u can suggest?

Thank you bro

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

I have few questions here regarding my Proton saga BLM manual year December 2008

1) Warranty is 5 years or 3 years? coz i ask the SA Eon Kota kinabalu, he said 3 years.
2) Have u ever encounter when apply brake,the rear drum brake make the car feel bumpy/vibrating? if 5years warranty, wear and tear like brake still can claim warranty?
3) when turn on the air con, got "ik ik ik" sound. SC change the belt tensioner bearing for me, but still the same. What solution that u can suggest?

Thank you bro
1. Most of us are 3 years, unless you signed up for the EWP.
2. Certain wear and tear items are not covered under warranty, but I suggest you check up the manual OR consult your SC
3. Never encountered this before, sorry can't help.

stevevoo86

Aug 26, 2010
sabah
What is EWP?

Actually i have receive a mail from Proton since 2 years ago said that i have extended warranty for another 2 years and mileage till 175,000km ( whichever comes 1st). With lots of terms and conditions. haha. But when i asked the SA, he said 3 years warranty only.

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
What is EWP?

Actually i have receive a mail from Proton since 2 years ago said that i have extended warranty for another 2 years and mileage till 175,000km ( whichever comes 1st). With lots of terms and conditions. haha. But when i asked the SA, he said 3 years warranty only.
EWP = Extended Warranty Programme.

If Proton said you have total 5 years, then likely you have the EWP when you bought the car

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007

Thank you bro
1. Most of us are 3 years, unless you signed up for the EWP.
2. Certain wear and tear items are not covered under warranty, but I suggest you check up the manual OR consult your SC
3. Never encountered this before, sorry can't help.
thanks to ericmaxman.... dear stevevoo86, 1) standard factory warranty is 100,000km or 3 years whichever comes first with condition must maintain yr service at proton sc. 2) try check yr tire pressure because new car, usually they will over inflate it for storage purpose. refer to sticker by the driver side b pillar near yr door hook. usually its 210 psi. 3) maybe its not air cond, get the service centre to check the intake manifold, saga blm encountered faulty intake manifold, but it wont effect the performance or breakdown, just got some annoying tik tik or funny sound when u accelerate......

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
To improve braking performance, rather than uprating the brakes to better pads, I heard from a friend, the simplest way is to change the brake servo to the Evo III's brake servo.

Has anyone done this before? Feedback pls :biggrin: :biggrin:

ae92 corolla

Known Member
Aug 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi bro, i been using my saga blm for 1 year... its a family car... no modification... bt nw days everytym i apply brake, i can hear sound like shaking a bottle with half full water from my rear drum brake...

i suspicious sumting to do with my suspension... anyone have de same prob.. kindly advice.. tq

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
send to service centre for free check up...its still under warranty.

Feb 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I've read elsewhere on the forum but couldn't get clear answers: Does changing rims & upsizing tires void the warranty? I'm asking because my tire thread is almost gone and I'm on stock 175/70R13 tires on steel rims.

On a side note: Any cheap alloy rims from other Saga/similar line that I can fit into my car?

Mar 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm currently facing an annoying problem for my Saga BLM 1.3.

It has the weird sound coming from the back each time i do a left
cornering. Sounds is a bit louder during a full left U-turn. But no
problem when turning right. Definitely not due to driveshaft.

Get the SC people to check in Taman Bukit Maluri. But on paper/
receipt stated solved. Loose screws..I was like okay, so once i drive
the car out, turn left only adi got sound.

Yet, I told them my brakes got sound, said solve as well drive out still
got sound, just not as loud as before...now back to square one again.
Really unreliable i would say.

So, decided to get outside workshop to check the funny sound that
coming from the back during cornering...sound like as though the
chassis is being bent. Like bending metal sound...ngek..ngek...ngekk...
hard to actually describe the sound in words though.

Outside workshop said he needed more time to find out the cause of it.
Might need to leave the car day for a day for him to inspect thoroughly.

Gonna let him handle it when im free to bring it there to check.
Anyone else, facing this problem? :banghead:
hi there,

Back in jan 2011, i was facing same prob as u are. I ask sc at Pekeliling to rectify it.
I was in there waiting room for more than 4 hr. The mechanic suspect something from my
bonnet were making th weird sound. They even empty my stuff in baggage compartment,
remove rear seat, remove seat belt trim. End of the day, they want to change left absorber.
What they req is p/copy of my geran.

So next day early in the morning the , i came wt copy of my geran. After the task had complete,
the sound appear again. Lastly the manager give up and told me to go to big proton sc near kesas highway.

In oct 2011 i go to sc near kesas highway. Its like they already familiar wt kind of these prob
on saga BLM. So they ask me to wait until they finish change part.
What they told me, they change "tulang anjing". I dont no what to call in proper English.
The cost is Rm1200. Lucky my car is still under warranty.

Now no more irritating sound when i turn any side. :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hi there,

Back in jan 2011, i was facing same prob as u are. I ask sc at Pekeliling to rectify it.
I was in there waiting room for more than 4 hr. The mechanic suspect something from my
bonnet were making th weird sound. They even empty my stuff in baggage compartment,
remove rear seat, remove seat belt trim. End of the day, they want to change left absorber.
What they req is p/copy of my geran.

So next day early in the morning the , i came wt copy of my geran. After the task had complete,
the sound appear again. Lastly the manager give up and told me to go to big proton sc near kesas highway.

In oct 2011 i go to sc near kesas highway. Its like they already familiar wt kind of these prob
on saga BLM. So they ask me to wait until they finish change part.
What they told me, they change "tulang anjing". I dont no what to call in proper English.
The cost is Rm1200. Lucky my car is still under warranty.

Now no more irritating sound when i turn any side. :driver:
Yes bro, should be tulang anjing or they told me in english they say something
about the Wheel Axle or something...need to change the whole thing..

YES! Lucky is still under warranty...if not it will cost me around RM1200 as well if not wrong
about the price. As long is surely above RM1000.

Guess, if it is common to them, then most proton BLM will face such problem...

Another thing to watch out is the fuel tank, mine seems to have cracked before...
one small hole. Fuel ran out quite fast one day. At 1st dunno what problem,
then send to mechanic, 1st they thought engine oil is leaking...but end up is
fuel leaking...they said one small(bunga api) from the road, the driver and the car
is a goner...

Cause: could be due to stones on the road that hit that fuel tank...

I was like, what!? :confused::banghead:
So fragile mia ar? :thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm now driving wira se with 4g15p right? does anyone know how can i modify to it?i plan to look for a block to change..
like those 1.6 Vtec change to CRV block then become 2.0 Vtec liow..
does anyone knows?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience