NEW SAGA (BLM) Owners

Mar 27, 2009
which 1 wld b better fit blm auto? s-flow or semi s-flow ?? i've been using Simota drop-in air filter for 3 months now... on my 1st 3000km i found it was kinda fuel saver, but recently my car drinks fuel as like i'm filling v-power ..... the top fuel bar went off when i jz hit 36kms when it usually hits 60-80kms (depends on usage)..... or cld b any other contributin factor??.... jz did my 25K service b4 i realised this...

thank U in advance....!!!

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i think i get what you mean Evoz... thanks man!
most of my friend will go for blm after test driven both cars....coz value for money, spacious, great handling, tough body & 5 years (175,000km) warranty.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

EvolutionZ-you are a great and very helpful person.
i also an owner of saga blm, just to findout during service, why the price of material are different rate from one sc to another? and they will charged extra for window washer soap and top up without telling us? are they back to their old trick again? how to check the prices of parts?
anyhow, i have been using few proton cars (saga iswara a/b and wira 1.5a) i find the cars are generally good but the service center really suck, when asked to check they will came back saying check and everything's ok but when you get back your car it's still the same, thanks
actually proton has standardize service package for each service interval, u can get a copy from the nearest branch service centre and refers to it whenever u need to service your car. usually they will recommend additional stuffs like ATF treatment, engine treatment, petrol treatment, magnetic filter bracket, battery terminal protector, wiper cleaner etc etc......

this will cost u a bomb! usually its done by dealer's service centre.....cost they are more profit orientated....sometimes normal service can cost u rm400!

from my experience, campro engine, be it 1.3 or 1.6 auto or manual, the 1st 3 services are as follow
1) 1000km - est rm110.00 ( oil filter, semi sync oil, drain plug gasket, tuning & labor is foc)
2) 5000km - est rm110.00 ( oil filter,semi sync oil drain plug gasket, tuning & labor is foc)
3) 10000km - est rm110.00 ( oil filter, semi sync oil, spark plug, drain plug gasket, tuning & labor foc)

note: after 10,000km the next service is every 10,000km, not 5000km as told by some service centre....kindly refer to the service booklet, in fact u can see full service recommendation on parts to change etc.....

you can opt not to take any other nonsense from the list, just insist i only need the basic stuffs....they usually will follow. for your info, campro only need mineral oil or semi syn.....do not go for fully sync coz it will make yr tappets loosen and rattling sound...then more problems after that.....its build for heavy durability. so normal mineral or semi sync is good enuf.

go to branch svc ctr, puchong jaya, kelana jaya, bkt tinggi klang, kepong maluri, ampang jaya, mutiara damansara, shah alam - kesas, bdr tun razak cheras, section 13 pj, section 19 etc ...they usually will provide a checklist and u need to sign for satisfactory service, do list down remarks if u find not satisfy..... good luck bro.....for more info, go to : www.proton-edar.com.my

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
a question here...today sent my saga blm for service and asked the SC person to fix my door weird sound ...something like "ekk ekk" and he told me the problem cannot be fixed because of the door inside is empty and telling me all nut is tight plus the door handle dono wad metal cannot be tighten else the door cannot be opened bla bla bla :confused::confused: Anyone here having the same problem as me? Or jus the SC fooling me......

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
a question here...today sent my saga blm for service and asked the SC person to fix my door weird sound ...something like "ekk ekk" and he told me the problem cannot be fixed because of the door inside is empty and telling me all nut is tight plus the door handle dono wad metal cannot be tighten else the door cannot be opened bla bla bla :confused::confused: Anyone here having the same problem as me? Or jus the SC fooling me......
which service centre and usually the sound come from the regulator - i mean power window motor not properly tighten....or did u fix any tinting? worry they didnt screw on yr door trim properly.

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

hi all, been quite a long time since i last posted on this thread......

update on my BLM, i changed my iafm for the second time three days before raya and so far i the ticking/clunking sound doesn't resurface. they said it's a new revision of the iafm module with new part nos. smooth cruising now with no irritating noise (except for the subliminal wheezing sound)......

my car is clocking 15k km very soon, and i have to send it for servicing as i only use 5000km EO last time, but from 20k km onwards i will go for 10 000 km EO for longer service interval. my problem is, i found out, the service center that i sent my car for iafm replacement had stamped (chop) the service center stamp on my 20k km column. i had to left my service booklet at the service center last time during waiting for iafm module to arrive (they don't want people to order for replacement with them then ffk and install at otr service center), i guess they stamped it to make me come back to them for 20k KM servicing.

my questions are;

1) can they do that? (stamping before doing the servicing)
2) i was thinking, if they oredi stamped, i can go somewhere else for cheaper labour cost as they oredi took the liability for 20k km service, am i right?
3) mr EvoZ, could u pls send me the expected service costs for every service interval, my email is suchap69(at)yahoo.com

thanks
1) can they do that? (stamping before doing the servicing).....service book is very important, its the prove that yr car is maintained by proton and proof of yr svc track record, do not leave it behind coz once lost, its hassle to get replacement. stamping the chop does not effect coz u can still service the car at the relevant mileage and ask them to counter chop with date...so no issue on that. most importantly, keep yr service book with u.
2) i was thinking, if they oredi stamped, i can go somewhere else for cheaper labour cost as they oredi took the liability for 20k km service, am i right? everywhere is the same, just insist u need only necessary parts and products....tell them u got no budget for any extras...ask them to remove it. usually it works.
3) mr EvoZ, could u pls send me the expected service costs for every service interval, my email is suchap69(at)yahoo.com......get the listing at any service centre..i do not have any soft copy with me...:)

Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
which service centre and usually the sound come from the regulator - i mean power window motor not properly tighten....or did u fix any tinting? worry they didnt screw on yr door trim properly.
Never did any tinting before...cheras perdana service centre. Not rly sure bout the regulator..but 1 things is, if i completely turn down the window, those sound will gone. So..isit the regulator things?.. u got any service centre to recommend that can fix this kind of problem?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
the nearest u can go to desa tun razak, near bdr tasik permaisuri, opposite UKM hospital beside the perodua svc centre...its branch svc centre...the one at cheras perdana if not mistaken is dealer svc ctr.

if u wind all down, then should be the regulator, i am guessing based on my own car experience...i did tighten it b4 and no sound after that.....

Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thanks man. do i need to make appointment before i go? tat SC guy mentioned before bout tighten something will cause the door cannot open. isnt the regulator right :confused:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
funny if he said so coz the things inside is internal, maybe u check with the svc ctr to get a more professional advice....coz not logic if couldn't lock...and need not worry, as long as u didnt do any mod in yr car and still under warranty, let the svc ctr settle the prob for u...bring along yr svc book for warranty repair....

Jul 27, 2009
Pulau Pinang
funny if he said so coz the things inside is internal, maybe u check with the svc ctr to get a more professional advice....coz not logic if couldn't lock...and need not worry, as long as u didnt do any mod in yr car and still under warranty, let the svc ctr settle the prob for u...bring along yr svc book for warranty repair....
Talking about Warranty, Bro Evo... I got one silly question. If i remove all the existing soft cover in the BLM and put an extra layer of Insulflex Isolator as sound proofing. would that be void of warranty? and my 1.6MT FC is RM50/280KM ~ 300KM is the FC too high? I'm only using it in the city. On ya, one more issue, my 1st service, cost me RM200+, some more they did charged me services charges about RM19++... isn't that a little bit weird? the SC is Proton Edar Penang Branch! Plz advice...

P/S: for sound proofing, I'll DIY...

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
u didnt meddle with the wiring and other mechanical parts..then its still under warranty.....
but the part that u remove or modify will be void, e.g roof lining, pillar cover, door trim, fender trim etc....
rm200 is high, it should be rm110 to rm120 only with semi sync oil.
u should tell them do not charge me on extra items, i need basic things only.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
go to svc ctr and they will advice, i didnt know that detail...should be in between 18inches to 21inches

Oct 12, 2009
Kuching
hello!now can u guys help me in sorting these things clear:

1)i heard that if change to 4-2-1 extractor will increase pick-up and more effective FC,true meh?now i use matola muffler and 2 inch direct piping and FC is like buying 1 crack beer for one rev..any advice?

2)changing air filter to a branded one etc. HKS or K&N will increase pick-up.true meh?

this week i 1 2 change extractor but,plz help me in this :confused::stupid:

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

oh ya,my car is saga blm 1.3 MT btw hehe..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
it effect your warranty.....still long way to go (175,000km or 5 years)...u sure wanna waste it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there ,

does anyone knw where can i get the replacement of the remote control ( Transmitter ) for viper 560xv alarm ? how much it costs? it can be repaired??currently i'm using the spare one ... please help ..thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience