New 2018 BMW i8 lands in Kuala Lumpur!

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
New 2018 BMW i8 lands in Kuala Lumpur!

The new BMW I8 lands in KL. While it might look largely unchanged, this refreshed plug-in hybrid 'supercar' see key revisions and updates to bring it up to speed with today's advancements in the ever developing realm of PHEVs

New Aero

Frontal flowing air used to rush through an air outlet from the bonnet. That has since changed in the new I8 as this air is now rerouted to exit via the sides, near the front wheel arches

Bigger Battery Upgrade

The new i8 gets better e-range now with a new 33 Ah battery replacing the previous 20 Ah. This high-voltage battery is located centrally in the i8's underbody for a lower centre of gravity.

Increased Electric Motor Output

Its all-electric application, performance and range have been raised as well, with an increase in its electric motor output. The increment is huge, from a puny 9 KW to a whopping 105 KW. This will see the new i8 reaching 55 kilometres in all-electric range and substantially widening the plug-in hybrid supercar's reach well beyond the city limits.

Higher Combined Output

Another big change in the new i8 is the new total output. While its 231hp 1.5L turbo 3 cylinder remains unchanged, the newly revised electric motor that power the front wheels have been increased 12hp from 131hp to 143hp. This gives the i8 a combined power output of 374hp and a new zerotohundred of 4.4 seconds.

Price: RM1.3 mil
Continue reading the Post.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I would love a car like this. But I love the money more than the car. Oh well. Not for paupers like me.

Reactions: alcyon

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I would love a car like this. But I love the money more than the car. Oh well. Not for paupers like me.
Imagine if they ever released a baby i8, maybe an i4 coupe for the masses. that'll be something

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I don't remember any car shows before Knight Rider to be honest but this Automan looks good actually

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I don't remember any car shows before Knight Rider to be honest but this Automan looks good actually
Automan is from the same creator of Knight Rider, but it only lasted one season compared to Knight Rider which had 4 seasons. Another TV series that lasted one season was Streethawk...

Reactions: Tom

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Automan is from the same creator of Knight Rider, but it only lasted one season compared to Knight Rider which had 4 seasons. Another TV series that lasted one season was Streethawk...
Speaking of Streerhawk, I was a huge fan of Airwolf

Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
even if I have 18m to burn on cars, I wouldn't buy it. I'd buy something simpler with maybe almost twice the power.
If I had 1.8m to buy a car it would mean I have 4 other cars at hand that will probably be waaaay more powerful or waaaay more expensive and this BMW 1.8m would be peanuts. In fact I'd just buy it to bring me to the market cuz it would save me gas. But what is gas? Pfft...RM2.60 per liter "only" mah.

:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone come accross this carb in malaysia?

maybe me will be the 1st using it.... :rolleyes:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience