Need Suggestion on what Performance Car to get

badtz_mark

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
Malaysia
Currently driving a Myvi turbo which i plan to convert it back to stock and sell it and get a Performance Car.
Budget is 100K and below.
in dilemma on which car i can get my hands on and which is better in term of value for money.
Currentky my options are a few
Evo 7-( Hard to get loan for 7 Years and above )
Sti 8-( Maintenance kinda hefty )
Any more suggestions?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Maintenance kinda hefty? What makes you think the Evo 7 will be cheaper to maintain than the STi. True performance cars won't be cheap to maintain, unless you consider Satria Neo CPS R3 a performance car.

FD2R will be *slightly cheaper* to maintain than Evo/STi, but that's beyond your budget. Somebody is selling a S2K for RM98k, that would be cheaper to maintain than the Evo/STi as well. But you better be quick.

badtz_mark

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
Malaysia
Yes i saw the S2k,but loan is kinda impossible for that car as its a 1999 Manufactured

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think from standstill the FD2A is going to be slower than your Myvi Turbo, and will only be faster at highway cruising speeds. Sad to say this but I rather buy a brand new Lanspira over a used FD2A. Having driven the Lanspira it does have pretty good handling and ride, just need to look past the brand.

One option is baby Ferrari.. the Fiat Coupe Turbo. very cheap to acquire, expensive to maintain, lots of performance from it.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Used DC5?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Evo would be the best if you can find a decent one.
STI would be easier to find and cheaper, but I believe the performance is slightly behind Evo (stock head-to-head).
Another good option is Silvia S15.
Then there's the Fairlady 350Z, if you can afford the ridiculous road tax that is! (>4K/yr!)
Or can also search for BMW 330ci E46. You can find a few under 80K now for year 2001-2003, but again road tax is still expensive. (>2k/yr).

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Aiya.. you want a performance car forget about cost la.

Performance car = performance parts = performance price.

Personally I'd get a RX7 FD. Twin turbo and if possible stock engine. The modified ones are pretty hard to look after. Stock is quite zippy already and is a 1.3! :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Aiya.. you want a performance car forget about cost la.

Performance car = performance parts = performance price.

Personally I'd get a RX7 FD. Twin turbo and if possible stock engine. The modified ones are pretty hard to look after. Stock is quite zippy already and is a 1.3! :biggrin:
Cheap road tax, but rotary engine easy to maintain??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, wanna know is there any kia spectra user here? wonder if u can share your opinion?
is this car OK for general use?

around year 03-05

part will spoil easily? just heard from my friend, spectra spare part not that hard to find, just a bit expensive, is it true?

Fuel consumption ok?? example how many sen per km?

if compare to hyundai accent, which more OK ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience