Need advice on brake kit

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
5 years down the road and considering inflation rate every year.. 4k RM is alright imho.

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Does anyone know how to distinguish between fake and original spoon callipers lol..
Samurai Racing quoted me rm4.8k which is supposedly their official distributor here
and
another garage quoted rm3.8k...
Both brand new. I tried searching hi and lo but couldn't find an answer.. The closest thing to an answer that i found was more than 10years old thread that the link to the picture expired

Thanks for the inputs

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Original distributor cannot under cut dealer, so will hold their price. Other dealers maybe parallel import so sell cheaper....

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
perfect answer by taikor VR2.

another you should consider yen-RM exchange. usually the will take advantage however there are certain cases that they will let go at that present exchange rate.

if you still curious, get a weighing scale. get the spec from official spoon website and compare it with the one u gonna buy. fake wont weigh the same as original as they wont go to that manufacturing level thus they are cheap.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
one thing to note when going for these 4potters...

make sure ur wheels can clear them.. not just size... but offset and wheel design will need to take into account.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah! another thing is make sure your vacuum servo can match the 4 pot or whatever upgrade disc and caliper set you are getting. If not matching then no point also, need to upgrade the servo too.....

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the answer.. And good suggestion on the weighing part..

Regarding wheels i will check it out but I planned to buy new set of rims with 6.5jj and 45 offset.. I searched around hondatech, one of the members claimed to have no problem with that combo.. But i also read that at high speed braking, it would be best to have spacers.

I will take note on the servo part... I'm planning to upgrade to either dixcell or PmU rotor and use steel braided hose as well.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Bro tony...I can only say between d 2 brands make sure it's original n upgraded properly bro...n when ur done wiz that u need to take me for a ride :)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the answer.. And good suggestion on the weighing part..

Regarding wheels i will check it out but I planned to buy new set of rims with 6.5jj and 45 offset.. I searched around hondatech, one of the members claimed to have no problem with that combo.. But i also read that at high speed braking, it would be best to have spacers.

I will take note on the servo part... I'm planning to upgrade to either dixcell or PmU rotor and use steel braided hose as well.
As far as possible try not to use spacers. Get rims that can clear the brakes......:driver:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Regarding wheels i will check it out but I planned to buy new set of rims with 6.5jj and 45 offset.. I searched around hondatech, one of the members claimed to have no problem with that combo..
like i said before.... not just size and offset.. but wheel design is also a concern. when i say wheel design, i dont just mean the spokes.. the barrel oso needs to take into account.

Take the RPF1 15*7 +41. wont clear Prelude rotor+caliper combo but other 15*7+42 (and some even +45) can clear no problem

or my current caliper setup. previous owner cleared with 15*6.5 +38 Type F Taiwan. while my ori 5zigen 15*7 +33 also has the same amount of spoke-caliper clearance. theoretically with that offset it should clear alot more.. but...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yup it's not just the size & offset but also the design. Some rims have flat/straight spokes may not be able to clear, also if some have like stepped up barrel design might end up not having sufficient clearance despite having supposedly big enough rim diameter. For example I can use 4 potters on my car with only my 17'x7.5 +35 Prodrive but there's a guy using the same car already having 18x8.5 with about similar offsets but cannot clear any 4 potters coz the spoke design is very flat. He may clear if add spacers but then the rims will stick out so much from the fenders!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys. Need to find out something here, hope someone has experience in this.

Is there a specific kind of bosskit for Proton cars (Wira, Satria) originally with airbag equipped? I've been told that for airbag cars the kit is different.

Where can I find such a boss kit?

Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience