Mods for non mivec 1.3 satria (Budget later we talk la)

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
I posted this thread a long while ago asking what mods to do,one of ya'll suggested that I do a inspection on the current state of my engine and replace/repair what is necessary.GOOD NEWS ITS DONE.Had to change a few spark plugs cause i noticed a bit of lag sometimes (ya'll understand right?).Annual service just only done..Now the car(touchwood) is back to its performing state..Now is time for mods mods mods...Im open for small gain mods(Maybe bring it up to a standard gti HP or more) suggestions,medium mod,and full takumi touge shifu nunshen mods(Of course no engine changing la,i want to maximize the potential of this 1.3 pony)..Budget is a later talk la cause right now i want to get a list and make the best decision on what to do..
Here's my list of mods i plan to do:
1.Change to race clucth (Perdana clutch plate)
2.Change CDI(If that'll help)
3.Air filter (if 1.3 can put cold air i sure put :)
4.Exhaust, s flow 4-2-1
5.Buy tachometer(dont laugh plz)
6.Turbo maybe not
7.Camshaft and cam gears

Anyways as i said,open for suggestions,dont flame me for my mod list cause idk wether or not itll help me gain and im still learning the modification culture..I want to become well taught on this aspect..
Thanks to everyone thats suggesting and giving me ideas..Cheers guys!!!!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If going to spend a lot to boost the small 1.3L engine, I will recommend engine transplant to 1.6L better.....lol

Reactions: Ranjanmax

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
like vr2 says, simpler to transplant.... reliablity, cheaper (probably) with more potential in the long run
talk budget first.... not later
**also dont think the clutch will help in anyway whatsoever.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
You will outgrow the car pretty quick. Better save and go for transplant. 1.6 manual at least is a good base.
too much power is not a good thing oso.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
like vr2 says, simpler to transplant.... reliablity, cheaper (probably) with more potential in the long run
talk budget first.... not later
**also dont think the clutch will help in anyway whatsoever.
Yah!, Power from engine not from clutch. Clutch better bite but how much can the 1.3L engine churn out......lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmmm everyone recommending 1.6 transplant
Okay okay thanks guys
The 1.6L engine have additional 0.3L more capacity even without mod and imagine modding that is so much better than trying to squeeze more power from the 1.3L power plant......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
1.Change to race clucth (Perdana clutch plate)
2.Change CDI(If that'll help)
3.Air filter (if 1.3 can put cold air i sure put :)
4.Exhaust, s flow 4-2-1
5.Buy tachometer(dont laugh plz)
6.Turbo maybe not
7.Camshaft and cam gears
1. You don't need a race clutch. Does not do anything for your car other than make clutching very very very hard.
2. No point and not easy.
3. Waste time if your car can't utilize the extra air.
4. This should wait until you sort out your engine.
5. Yes.. 1.3 doesn't have one. You should get one.
6. Why not? Turbos are fun.
7. Yes and yes.

But since you've not mentioned a budget, I'm gonna go sky high legally speaking and suggest you look into a 1.6L Mivec, stroke it, oversize pistons it, forged everything, PNP the head, turbo it, LSD the gearbox and install suspension plus get AP Racing 4-pot front brakes and mini 4 pot AP Racing rear disc conversion brakes plus a comfy recaro seat.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Mivec is a good start and its legal.
Improve whatever involves handling and safety as priority.
Don crave for ponies yet... Wallet sakit, hahaha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
One set of rear anti roll bar and remember to change your rear lower arm to those from Wira/Satria 1.6/1.8 to fit the drop link for the anti roll bar.

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Thanks for all the input
Pretty much most getting triggered cause I didn’t set budget hahahaha no offends guys..If wasting money on 1.3 engine is a waste then I might as well look for another satria..Too in love with the 1.3 I currently have..hahaha cheers guys

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Thanks for all the input
Pretty much most getting triggered cause I didn’t set budget hahahaha no offends guys..If wasting money on 1.3 engine is a waste then I might as well look for another satria..Too in love with the 1.3 I currently have..hahaha cheers guys
if you do get another, get a 1.6 and above body... the body is not the same.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone,

Before I started here, I was lookout in Achieve but couldn’t fine any topics which can help, so here my scenario and questions.

My Machine 4G61NA, with 1.8 head cylinders, but currently need to be overhauling the engine. Therefore I decided to upgrade at the same time as well. In my mind was thinking about 1.8 or 2.0NA, now my questions is what are the 1.8 or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience