Mods for non mivec 1.3 satria (Budget later we talk la)

Ranjanmax

Dec 8, 2017
I posted this thread a long while ago asking what mods to do,one of ya'll suggested that I do a inspection on the current state of my engine and replace/repair what is necessary.GOOD NEWS ITS DONE.Had to change a few spark plugs cause i noticed a bit of lag sometimes (ya'll understand right?).Annual service just only done..Now the car(touchwood) is back to its performing state..Now is time for mods mods mods...Im open for small gain mods(Maybe bring it up to a standard gti HP or more) suggestions,medium mod,and full takumi touge shifu nunshen mods(Of course no engine changing la,i want to maximize the potential of this 1.3 pony)..Budget is a later talk la cause right now i want to get a list and make the best decision on what to do..
Here's my list of mods i plan to do:
1.Change to race clucth (Perdana clutch plate)
2.Change CDI(If that'll help)
3.Air filter (if 1.3 can put cold air i sure put :)
4.Exhaust, s flow 4-2-1
5.Buy tachometer(dont laugh plz)
6.Turbo maybe not
7.Camshaft and cam gears

Anyways as i said,open for suggestions,dont flame me for my mod list cause idk wether or not itll help me gain and im still learning the modification culture..I want to become well taught on this aspect..
Thanks to everyone thats suggesting and giving me ideas..Cheers guys!!!!

If going to spend a lot to boost the small 1.3L engine, I will recommend engine transplant to 1.6L better.....lol

Reactions: Ranjanmax

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
like vr2 says, simpler to transplant.... reliablity, cheaper (probably) with more potential in the long run
talk budget first.... not later
**also dont think the clutch will help in anyway whatsoever.

You will outgrow the car pretty quick. Better save and go for transplant. 1.6 manual at least is a good base.
too much power is not a good thing oso.

like vr2 says, simpler to transplant.... reliablity, cheaper (probably) with more potential in the long run
talk budget first.... not later
**also dont think the clutch will help in anyway whatsoever.
Yah!, Power from engine not from clutch. Clutch better bite but how much can the 1.3L engine churn out......lol

Hmmm everyone recommending 1.6 transplant
Okay okay thanks guys
The 1.6L engine have additional 0.3L more capacity even without mod and imagine modding that is so much better than trying to squeeze more power from the 1.3L power plant......lol

1.Change to race clucth (Perdana clutch plate)
2.Change CDI(If that'll help)
3.Air filter (if 1.3 can put cold air i sure put :)
4.Exhaust, s flow 4-2-1
5.Buy tachometer(dont laugh plz)
6.Turbo maybe not
7.Camshaft and cam gears
1. You don't need a race clutch. Does not do anything for your car other than make clutching very very very hard.
2. No point and not easy.
3. Waste time if your car can't utilize the extra air.
4. This should wait until you sort out your engine.
5. Yes.. 1.3 doesn't have one. You should get one.
6. Why not? Turbos are fun.
7. Yes and yes.

But since you've not mentioned a budget, I'm gonna go sky high legally speaking and suggest you look into a 1.6L Mivec, stroke it, oversize pistons it, forged everything, PNP the head, turbo it, LSD the gearbox and install suspension plus get AP Racing 4-pot front brakes and mini 4 pot AP Racing rear disc conversion brakes plus a comfy recaro seat.

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Mivec is a good start and its legal.
Improve whatever involves handling and safety as priority.
Don crave for ponies yet... Wallet sakit, hahaha

One set of rear anti roll bar and remember to change your rear lower arm to those from Wira/Satria 1.6/1.8 to fit the drop link for the anti roll bar.

Ranjanmax

Dec 8, 2017
Thanks for all the input
Pretty much most getting triggered cause I didn’t set budget hahahaha no offends guys..If wasting money on 1.3 engine is a waste then I might as well look for another satria..Too in love with the 1.3 I currently have..hahaha cheers guys

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
Thanks for all the input
Pretty much most getting triggered cause I didn’t set budget hahahaha no offends guys..If wasting money on 1.3 engine is a waste then I might as well look for another satria..Too in love with the 1.3 I currently have..hahaha cheers guys
if you do get another, get a 1.6 and above body... the body is not the same.

Hi everyone,

Before I started here, I was lookout in Achieve but couldn’t fine any topics which can help, so here my scenario and questions.

My Machine 4G61NA, with 1.8 head cylinders, but currently need to be overhauling the engine. Therefore I decided to upgrade at the same time as well. In my mind was thinking about 1.8 or 2.0NA, now my questions is what are the 1.8 or...