modification on mivec-md

mivec4g92

Known Member
May 26, 2006
bro and sifu,
i currently driving mivec-md and i feel like underpower...so i plan to modify but i dun know what to modify...plz help me....i feel like changing the enjine but to costly....plz help me all the sifu out there....thx:regular_smile:

mirage2929

Known Member
Dec 5, 2004
tell us more abt ur car:

1. What car r u driving?
2. How long have u driven ur mivec?
3. Describe ur no power statement?
4. Any modification on ur car?

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
if u need power then upgrade to 1.8 mivec
juz change the engine block to 4g93
then do set the setting for ur ecu
set when the mivec kick in
piping muz hv the correct size to suit ur car cc so that there wil hv no any lag of power
high cam n performance cam shaft wil help
a fully balanced engine will help u to increase the power oso
then if u still feel underpower bolt on turbo or supercharger or NOS will definitely help u a lot
but bare in mind that mivec will never will a vtec in standard condition
sometimes mivec will full also hard to win vtec(this is my experience)

so wat car u r driving

but bare in mind that mivec will

ZamS

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Dear mirage2929,

I'm driving mivec-md in wira aeroback around 2y++. So far no break-down along the road. A good thing on mivec-md is the engine can engage mivec system twice. Normal mivec just once at +/-5000 rpm. Can you feel that??

Last year , I upgarded my engine to 1.8 with 4G93 block, bigger t.b., bigger injector, 6" open pod air filter. Installing SAFCII to re-setting the ECU. All at Hyperrevved, Pandan Indah. Good Tuner!!! Anything just pm me.

Now, planning to join the turbo member.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
MD have kick in in twice ?? I think u r wrong bro ..
For mivec MD, below 3000rpm will run only with 2 pistons.
after 3000rpm, then run with all the 4 pistons. ( like normal mivec / engine )
high cam only kick in at 5200 ~ 5500rpm.

There will have many way to mod mivec engine, all just depand how much u can affortable.

ZamS

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Talk about mivec-md, all 4 piston will run at any rpm but.... only 2 injector will inject the fuel when driving below 3k rpm of +/-90km/h.
MD will kick twice?? yes correct. but only when you drinve at slow acceleration. Just about 2k-3k rpm. Can feel it at 1st & 2nd gear. Sometimes at 3rd gear. Anyway, i'm very puas hati with my engine.....

ZamS

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,
Can't remember.Rasanya aroung RM1000++. Change 1.8 block GSR/Putra, bigger T.B, bigger injector. Did it at Hyperevved. Good tuner.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
let me shoot my idea la :)
first for mivec-md
change ur ecu settings to disable the MD
cams maybe use mivec standard, its difrent from the MD

my idea is, extract the power of ur engine rather than POWER MODDING and gaining litte from the standard

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
mivec throttle body already stand at 60mm , is it evo 1 large than this number ????

(ADVAN)

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
K.L

gsrTurbo9166 said:
if u need power then upgrade to 1.8 mivec
juz change the engine block to 4g93
then do set the setting for ur ecu
set when the mivec kick in
piping muz hv the correct size to suit ur car cc so that there wil hv no any lag of power
high cam n performance cam shaft wil help
a fully balanced engine will help u to increase the power oso
then if u still feel underpower bolt on turbo or supercharger or NOS will definitely help u a lot
but bare in mind that mivec will never will a vtec in standard condition
sometimes mivec will full also hard to win vtec(this is my experience)

so wat car u r driving

but bare in mind that mivec will
Is depends how $$ u have..if u say normal mod is still can play wif vtec..don ever say mivec not a competitor..if u say vtec put 100k n mivec 100k is fair if vtec lose..

(ADVAN)

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
K.L
ZamS said:
Hi,
Can't remember.Rasanya aroung RM1000++. Change 1.8 block GSR/Putra, bigger T.B, bigger injector. Did it at Hyperevved. Good tuner.
Zam..Ah keong did ask u to change the piston to more high compression piston y u don change? i can guarantee u will feel the difference.

HyperRevved 6313

Known Member
Apr 19, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
ZamS said:
Talk about mivec-md, all 4 piston will run at any rpm but.... only 2 injector will inject the fuel when driving below 3k rpm of +/-90km/h.
MD will kick twice?? yes correct. but only when you drinve at slow acceleration. Just about 2k-3k rpm. Can feel it at 1st & 2nd gear. Sometimes at 3rd gear. Anyway, i'm very puas hati with my engine.....
Mivec MD kicks in 2 times? Sure o not bro ... :emoticon_U:

Suggest u to change ur piston to high compression piston and put a thicker gasket after u change piston .... u will really feel wat is mivec kick's in .... :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Mini name will be echoing in the rallying world once again after the iconic brand made a return to the World Rally Championship (WRC) with the debut of their Mini Countryman WRC at the Rally Sardinia last week.

Although the marquee, which has tied up with Prodrive for their rally team, will only be participating in some of the rounds of this year’s calendar as a refinement step before going for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience