Maintenence, parts, expertise for a used Celica 7th gen?

m|ng

Known Member
May 13, 2006
Guys I've been around at autoworld and motortrader and saw some nice 2005 Celica's going for about 65k. Very tempting although it is auto and all.

My query is, since this is not an "official" car imported by Toyota Malaysia and is imported via AP (correct me if im wrong), how are the availability of parts? like can you just go to any spare part shop and get a replacement part? and if yes, are they steeply priced?

And do most workshops know how to repair one of these? Since its technically not a sports car, more like a normal car but stuffed into a coupe body, it shouldnt be very complicated to fix?

I know toyota's are very reliable, i'm owning an old one myself. but just want to clear my doubts.

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
yeah.... celica is not a sports car.... it's a coupe.... I had mine for 6 years and it was very reliable.... never broken down before and maintenance was on par with most road cars(vios,proton).... but.... it's now easily a 10 years old car so maintenance should go up a tad higher....

performance wise not that great... being a 1.8l na it is no where near the turbo cars..... but it's among the strongest 1.8l na on the road....

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
agree with barbarian that toyota engines are almost bulletproof..i think the engine 1zzfe have no problems in part wise...think altis engine..anyway, even 4age engine parts could be sourced here, so don't think its a problem..lol...body parts would need to source new if you are able to swallow the price or maybe from halfcut shops...tricky part would be suspension if you were to get a ss model but would not think it would that bad if parts could be ordered...generally the price drop quite fast cz its a 2 door coupe plus it wasn't that pricey when it was imported either recon or brand new to msia...

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
brand new was about RM200k..... I think that's pricey for a toyota coupe..... 2nd hand price dropped alot this year... can get a 2000 car for about 60-65k now.....

neo8255

Known Member
Jul 4, 2007
anything to consider or check when going for a used/recond celica?

any problems encountered by owner and would like to share out here?

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
treat it as any other 2nd car.... normal wear and tear..... the 2 main 'problem' that ppl have is faulty MAF and faulty O2 sensor... but that's like 4-5 years old sensors so it's reasonably ok and not considered a problem....

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
new project; to put 2zz-ge into AE110...

btw, how's engine wise?
- do you have to change the 'lift bolts', easy to source this parts? coz i read it in 9000rpm of this issue...
- can recommend where to get the harness, if i want to put the ecu inside instead of in the engine bay?
thanks...:itsme:

Last edited:

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
yeah..... very cheap now.... that's why it's becoming a kiddo's car now..... seen lodsa young ah beng driving it already...

ir1z

Known Member
Oct 29, 2008
my car is ah beng oso laa now rite barb hahahaha