Lancer CVT with Supercharger

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
my bad....

i think dont look at the number colour... but look at the graph...

both higher reading torque and hp figure (blue graph line) should be the result with supercharger....

means stock torque should be the one with 109lbft number... not other way around...
Yup this exactly!

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
ya. i look at the chart and calculate back the hp to torque and the top lines makes more sense. :hmmmm2:
sorry for causing all the confusion. :shot:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my bad....

i think dont look at the number colour... but look at the graph...

both higher reading torque and hp figure (blue graph line) should be the result with supercharger....

means stock torque should be the one with 109lbft number... not other way around...
haha......that was what I mentioned earlier, top vs top, bottom vs bottom......lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
haha......that was what I mentioned earlier, top vs top, bottom vs bottom......lol
Yup thats how i perceived too. It makes no sense if supercharged engine actually slower than stock lol. Other than Rotrex unit, how about retrofit from other car's supercharger? Like back in 2002's, plenty of Mercedes came with supercharged engine, even Toyota AE series.

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup thats how i perceived too. It makes no sense if supercharged engine actually slower than stock lol. Other than Rotrex unit, how about retrofit from other car's supercharger? Like back in 2002's, plenty of Mercedes came with supercharged engine, even Toyota AE series.

Thanks,
Ken
That will be used units and whether it fits your engine......:hmmmm:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Thanks,
Ken
Those things you can probably only take the supercharger and throw out the rest coz cannot fit. Too much hassle I'd say. If want to mod cars to that extent, might as well spend the money and install the proper way with the right kit rather than doing such workaround.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Those things you can probably only take the supercharger and throw out the rest coz cannot fit. Too much hassle I'd say. If want to mod cars to that extent, might as well spend the money and install the proper way with the right kit rather than doing such workaround.
Agreed, too much modification no point, probably spend more this way and especially time taken.....

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Partially agree, aftermarket kit usually requires modification as well, unleass the kit is really made for the car type, hence the price of it will be super expensive and not ideal. Since custom supercharging kit is much easier compare to turbocharge, by right it would be cheaper, but finding the people who know to fabricate the job is also another challenge. In my case, there is no readily made supercharging kit made for Lancer, even from the article i shared, its also custom built kit.

Besides going Rotrex, some Aussie folks suggested Eaton which is a twin screw type. The aim of this supercharging discussion is to minimize the sudden burst of power while increase torque across all rpm range. I welcome any ideas exchange.

Agreed, too much modification no point, probably spend more this way and especially time taken.....
Where is the fun of it if it is too easy :burnout:?

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Partially agree, aftermarket kit usually requires modification as well, unleass the kit is really made for the car type, hence the price of it will be super expensive and not ideal. Since custom supercharging kit is much easier compare to turbocharge, by right it would be cheaper, but finding the people who know to fabricate the job is also another challenge. In my case, there is no readily made supercharging kit made for Lancer, even from the article i shared, its also custom built kit.

Besides going Rotrex, some Aussie folks suggested Eaton which is a twin screw type. The aim of this supercharging discussion is to minimize the sudden burst of power while increase torque across all rpm range. I welcome any ideas exchange.

Where is the fun of it if it is too easy :burnout:?

Thanks,
Ken
Modification is fun, but what I meant is part bought can fit nicely is good. If modification parts still need modification then time consuming dy.....:biggrin:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Modification is fun, but what I meant is part bought can fit nicely is good. If modification parts still need modification then time consuming dy.....:biggrin:
Yeah i've already experienced that when i've modded 4G69 TB to my 4B11, gotta custom piping and bypass coolant line, swapped valve cover and that only make the car behave like stock but improved throttle response and better mid to high rpm power. It's fun though, right now looking to T.M Works Direct Power Harness to get bigger spark, then SUPERCHARGE (Hopefully).

Thanks,
Ken

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah i've already experienced that when i've modded 4G69 TB to my 4B11, gotta custom piping and bypass coolant line, swapped valve cover and that only make the car behave like stock but improved throttle response and better mid to high rpm power. It's fun though, right now looking to T.M Works Direct Power Harness to get bigger spark, then SUPERCHARGE (Hopefully).

Thanks,
Ken
If just buy the Rotrex SC, how much is it from Rev?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Thats why must have spare car or motorcycle.
Can visit mechanics frequently. :driver:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Thats why must have spare car or motorcycle.
Can visit mechanics frequently. :driver:
Means like you, got daily car and weekend car......lol:rofl:
I can't ride motorcycle but i got a spare car, ask my friend mechanic who supercharged a Toyota Corolla before, he is reluctant to try boosting my Lancer cause its TOO NEW for him -_-.

I just emailed a company in USA named Level10 Transmission, by end of this year, they have a upgrade for CVT gearbox. He is not willing to disclose so much, guess they don't want competitor to copy their product. You guys can visit this web to check it out:

http://www.levelten.com/

Thanks,
Ken