imitation rims - are they really not reliable at all?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This is highly entertaining. Seeing some of the most senior members discuss cars is always entertaining. And senior in both member and age! :biggrin:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Cost! brother, the cheaper the better for them.....:mad:

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

If negative camber should be toe in, if FWD. FWD is pull therefore will toe out on acceleration....
But of course many ways of setting
fwd is toe in on accel. rwd is toe out on acceleration. pretty sure it was that.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
You are right brother. Got it mixed up. Mixed up with negative camber compensate with toe in....
yeah. increasing negative camber always creates toe out, so have to compensate with toe in. some people think they can simply lower their car without adjusting toe. if lower by a couple inches sure become negative camber and toe out.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
I wanna ask this, What about those Rota knock offs that nowadays you see on a lot of cars? For example mine as well, So far there isn't any dents, leaks, or imbalance

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I wanna ask this, What about those Rota knock offs that nowadays you see on a lot of cars? For example mine as well, So far there isn't any dents, leaks, or imbalance
who made it?
any quality testing done?
no? then who can guarantee the manufacturing is up to par?
oh, it haven't fall apart? cool. maybe it won't fall apart, who knows?

using imitation rims (parts) is like having sex with no protection.
sure, wearing condom is not 100% safe. and you can argue without condom also you might not get STD or won't get some girl pregnant, sure, its valid.
So its your dick (in this case, your car), do what you like.

those saying even original rays engineering or SSR wheels also fall apart.. sure.. that's true.
you wear Okomoto 003 Made in Japan condom, you fuck at 10000rpm, the condom also tear lah.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
then your tires aren't grippy enough to stress the wheels? /ahaha

Majority malaysians are using cheapie tires that in some countries are labelled budget tires, but due to the price tag, people think they are using premium tires. Then they say imitation rims are strong.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
I don't know who the manufacturer is but its a Taiwan wheel, As to what i've been told but keeping an open mind that it could be made elsewhere too. Doubt there are any testing being carried by JWL or those testing bodies. The way these wheels are so widely found these days of mass manufacturing leans to locally made for quick production and delivery. However I'm a careful driver, will avoid uneven roads and pot holes at all costs, even anticipate the routes I'm going to take to avoid killing the tire prematurely like bulging, uneven tire wear and road debris damage.

I think the tire I'm using is not too bad for a daily, Champiro HPY responds pretty well on dry and surprisingly well in wet conditions for RM300 a pop 17 inches is quite a buy considering its grip but I don't gun down public roads recklessly. (That's a whole diff topic). Never stinge on tires.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I don't know who the manufacturer is but its a Taiwan wheel, As to what i've been told but keeping an open mind that it could be made elsewhere too. Doubt there are any testing being carried by JWL or those testing bodies. The way these wheels are so widely found these days of mass manufacturing leans to locally made for quick production and delivery. However I'm a careful driver, will avoid uneven roads and pot holes at all costs, even anticipate the routes I'm going to take to avoid killing the tire prematurely like bulging, uneven tire wear and road debris damage.

I think the tire I'm using is not too bad for a daily, Champiro HPY responds pretty well on dry and surprisingly well in wet conditions for RM300 a pop 17 inches is quite a buy considering its grip but I don't gun down public roads recklessly. (That's a whole diff topic). Never stinge on tires.
300 for 17".. er.... you mean there's even cheaper ones?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Can't say much on the rims, but the tyres I have them also. Same size as yours on my turbo VR. What I can say value for money. Yes, can say they are in budget tyre category but I jump from my GY Asy2 that are premium tyre category and these tyres are not very far off in handling and traction for both dry and wet against them....:driver:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Can't say much on the rims, but the tyres I have them also. Same size as yours on my turbo VR. What I can say value for money. Yes, can say they are in budget tyre category but I jump from my GY Asy2 that are premium tyre category and these tyres are not very far off in handling and traction for both dry and wet against them....:driver:
I guess i will give it a try then on my 17" wheels. Its certainly a lot cheaper than tires I would usually buy. I just hope I'm not disappointed.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
300 for 17".. er.... you mean there's even cheaper ones?
Actually got cheaper...Archilles, I think around RM230 only. Then there are China tyres.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

He is really youthful :biggrin:
Young at heart....:driver:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Actually got cheaper...Archilles, I think around RM230 only. Then there are China tyres.....:biggrin:

woah, seriously got grip ah these tires? i make quite a bit of torque on the low end at 2-4k rpm. I easily get a lot of wheelspin the last time I tried normal tires, thats why i have to run wider tires if I use normal tires. but problem is clearance, else i would go with 8JJ already

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
woah, seriously got grip ah these tires? i make quite a bit of torque on the low end at 2-4k rpm. I easily get a lot of wheelspin the last time I tried normal tires, thats why i have to run wider tires if I use normal tires. but problem is clearance, else i would go with 8JJ already
Those sure cannot hold your car's torque and will be very bad in the wet....just mentioned because there are cheap 17" around...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys..

I own a proton gen2 BOT, where can I do a custom intake manifold for my engine...prefer around selangor...any recommendation?...

Thanx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience