hot or cool air

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
many forumers have been debating about the best air for carbie engines... whether hot or cold... there's a lot of version and points of view...

generally, we know that heat is a major problem in a machine's efficiency... but why some mechanic says hot air is good for carbie? Isnt that hot air will cause the engine hotter thus decreasing the efficiency...?

any coments or critics?
thanks
:)

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
but IMO, diesel will need warm air lah but petrol will need cold air...

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
as far as i know, the problem wit carbies is that it does not atomize fuel as well as injectors and that sometimes the fuel which is dispensed from the carb is in droplet form rather than in a mist form, and when this happens there will be a poor air/fuel mixture..

to ensure the fuel is properly evaporated, the air intake is usually preheated..

although in performance vise this is not good, but in drivability vise this is great, better low speed driving,better throttle respond, smoother acceleration

hence if u want drivability, keep sucking in that hot air,
all out power get rid of the hot air, and
both then get a fuel injectioned engine which sucks in cold air :D

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
some winter country they need the warm air to general better engine performance ..

but since our malaysia already provided 34 to 36 degress ... so, cold air is the best to provide best performance. :D

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
TitanRev said:
but IMO, diesel will need warm air lah but petrol will need cold air...
I don't think diesel needs warm air, as the high compression of diesel engines is enough to create high temperature/high pressure for combustion.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
But there is a glow plug to heat up the air rite ??? correct if i'm wrong i have studied it be4 but forgot lah...Hehe have to go referesh 1st...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifu;s & fren's, my close relatives car had been stolen this morning below is the car descriptions :

Proton Iswara sedan
colour: blue
plate no : WFJ 5715
last seen locations : near Carrefour Peel Road, Kuala lumpur.

I hope ZTH member can help to locate this car.
I know this is a very ordinary car, but it means much to its owner.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience