HID and LED same?

Dec 10, 2020
Hi to everyone in ZTH forums, I would like to ask is HID and LED the same? As I saw from jpj portal that jpj are banning HID but mentioned nothing about led. My current halogen bulb is quite dark and I can't see well at night so may I ask is it legal to put yellowish led bulbs in my car?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If not mistaken, both HID and LED are illegal if modded. Legal if they are original equipment that came with the car.......

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Since we lived in a country blessed with unpredictable weather which can turn a hot scorching day into a thunderstorm in matter of minutes, my suggestion is to consider colour temp/xxxK rating of the bulb. LED are almost all white ( they can make it shine a bit lower K but they dont ), same goes for HID. White light is not suitable in Malaysia.

Why?
Yes, white light is excellent in the dark and can possibly reduces drivers fatigure when driving. My biggest issue with white light is that they are next to useless when it rains.
Not many people realise this because most cars equipped with such lights can be considered newer cars and most of it are sold in town where street lighting is available.

I used to change my front H1 bulb to aftermarket Osram both the NB and NBP. These bulbs do provide better lighting at night as more light is thrown on the road. However, when it rains and the road is wet at night...original bulbs are the best.White light are scattered when it hits wet surfaces....It just disappear.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi to everyone in ZTH forums, I would like to ask is HID and LED the same? As I saw from jpj portal that jpj are banning HID but mentioned nothing about led. My current halogen bulb is quite dark and I can't see well at night so may I ask is it legal to put yellowish led bulbs in my car?
Find the reason behind the poor lighting. Wira lights aren't bad but if the lens is fogged up/yellowish or you have a bad lightbulb socket that's not doing well, poor voltage, poor grounding, lousy bulbs - all will cause problems.

HID and LED on a reflector type headlight will not help you much. It'll just be glaring for opposite traffic. If you're gonna do LED and HID you'll need to retrofit a good projector to get a sharp light beam otherwise it'll just be spread out and be pretty useless in the dark/rain.

Reactions: leinnz

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
What I had done to my old junk under budget is remain the old light and the fog lamp put HID, very big difference..
Make sure around 4,000 enough since above 5,000 will be useless when raining time.

4,000 still a bit yellowish where no worries when passing thru roadblock

Good luck..:driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Anything that is not original will subject to Polis and JPJ's summon, blinding or not. But Im not sure about LED's longevity, as they are unreliable in a hot environment without proper heatsink.

Reactions: Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need u guys help urgently, i just bought a control panel and something look like a relay or resistance.its from lancer. only this two item, i heard can just plug n play to existing satria dashboard. if can install, which button cannot be use from the control panel? how much is the cost to install it? recommend me a mechanic pls. my phone num 013-3973088.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience