First Drifting Car? What do you suggest?

First Drifting Car? What do you suggest

• Nissan Cefiro A31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nissan 180sx

• Nissan S13

• Toyota KE 70

• Toyota AE 86

• Toyota TE 7*

• Others

• Total voters

cheaka

500 RPM

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
I believe a lot of members out there would like to know what car would be the most suitable first drift car.....and we do get a lot of curious public who wants to know about it in every event...so...drifters out there..do share your experiences and give your comment on your first drift car....I will also put a poll up and do let me know if I missed out any common drift car...within the budget of (RM10k - RM 70k).....I mean common one lah...i won't put the rare type like nissan laurel c33....hehehe...:wink:

Please try to follow the guideline as below to make it easier to read...thank you very much...:tee: :

Car Make and Model :
Car Year :
Your Comment of your first drift car :
Your Suggestions to newbie :
Your Ultimate next/dream drift car :

Last edited:

faisal

1,500 RPM

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Car Make and Model : AE86
Car Year : 1986
Your Comment of your first drift car : I LURVE IT. Chicks LURVE it. Drifters LURVE it. haha
Your Suggestions to newbie. read below

Ke70 if on a budget. but need a few k more o put in AE86 running gear. Engine diff suspension bits.

AE 86 if you want an Icon. Tho drifting a grip crazy car like the AE86 takes more effort. Too much grip too little power. not to mention upping the power of the 4AGE not cheap. TRD suspension stuff oso not cheap. Bushes , dampers, springs from TRD cost me RM6k.

Cefiro if you want big sedan. Turbo RB25 practically drift ready.

Though ultimately the 180SX with SR20DET is the ultimate. Coupe style, easy to mod turbo engine and NISMO parts and jap parts are plenty.

In an ideal world I'd have a AE86 with TODA built 200bhp engine and TRD complete suspension and a clean interior. and an S15 to take chicks out. hahaha

cheaka

500 RPM

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
Car Make and Model : Nissan Laurel C33
Car Year : 1994

A world of difference between the R32 and the C33. C33 shares the same platform as the A31 therefore making it one of the most suitable drift car. I am glad to have the C33 as my first drift car. Parts are easy to find (except the rear lights)....hehehe...and to bring the tail out is very easy once you know how to dump the clutch at the right time....and the car is very forgiving as in if you know the car about to spin..you can still slowly control it....the next to improve is the driver....hahaha....not aggresive enough...:frown:

I fully recommend the newbie for a Cefiro with RB20DET Manual....if you have extra cash..then op for a RB25DET (but engine very susah to find loh)...get a 2-way LSD...good sets of suspension and camber kits...you are ready to roll liao...

A good example of our fellow drifters like Ah Fai who started with a RB20det A31 (1.5 way LSD) has a 1 and a half year experience, Aibon also a RB20DET A31 (1.5 way LSD) with only 6 months experiences and also Space_Cowboy also a RB20DET A31 (2 way LSD) with only 2 months of experiences...look how good they are right now.....keep up the good work guys.... :cool:

My ultimate dream drift car would be a ER34 4 Door....:tongue: .....I love big cars...hehehehe...

Last edited:

PTLemon

Known Member

PTLemon

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imperial-concepts.com
Current Car Make and Model :Nissan S15

Current Car Year : 2003

Your Comment of your first drift car : Nissan S13 180SX - That car brought back memories....Having a 180SX is something new to me almost 10 years ago as I am more of a track person, driving GC8 rex, Honda Civic EG6, etc...Well...drifting is really fun....kekekeke :p

Your Suggestions to newbie : Anything that you are comfortable with...if I have 40,000 to spend...I will send 20K on the car and 20K on the mods....kekekeke :p

Honestly, my fav drift car would be a 4-door sedan like Toyota Chaser, Toyota Aristo, Toyota Celsior LS430 etc.....Some huge sedans....

If I got an opportunity, I might want to do an old Mercedes Benz W124 E200 Sedan drift car with Cosworth Racing look, use RB25DET engine inside....or BMW E30 Sedan using RB25DET....kekekeke :p

Something different...

wenshen

1,000 RPM

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
driftneyland.blogspot.com
i voted for the A31 for the budget and stuff since u said First drift car la.. hahaha.. depends lor.. if really got budget.. i sure will recommend 180sx or a silvia.. haha

PTLemon

Known Member

PTLemon

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imperial-concepts.com
Imperial Concepts have a W124 (1986 Model). It is quite good condition as it has been always maintained well.

It is quite low as we have slam down the suspension with Bilstein Suspension and it has WALD V4 Aerokit.

If we swap a RB25DET into this fellow....kekekekeke... can be quite a car to watch and drift...mercedes in standard has very good steering angle and lots of castor in the front...kekeke...So MB has already thought of drifting many years ago ?

Kekekeke :p Well.....let's see ! Perhaps we might do it.....kekekeke :P

nismoskyliner33

Known Member

nismoskyliner33

Known Member
Oct 27, 2005
Car Make and Model : BMW 5 series E34 (Not R34 hehe)
Car Year : 1990
Your Comment of your first drift car : Stick to road like Glue
Your Ultimate next/dream drift car : R33

Frankly speaking. I have not really drifted hard before, mostly just for a turn or two. Knew the techniques but most of the time dream to drift like a pro. Well, sad to say, still waiting for someone to show me the light... I have asked my Sifu to show me the way but... hmm... well...

Anyway, my first FR was a Bimmer. God dam, the car is so good, just won't want to drift. It sticks to the ground like glue with the set of Bilstein and CSC II. But that doesn't stop me from forcing it to go side ways... hahha.. and thanks to my friend too.. Drifted without me knowing on 1st gear. ... hahha..

But now, my mission is to do up my R33. Its drift ready by now but its me that is not ready... hhahah...

Last edited:

leviathan

Known Member

leviathan

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
selangor
Visit site
Car Make and Model : AE86
Car Year : 1983

needs fast steering response to drift, also only has a small margin of error. hard to catch up with other cars.... maybe its my tires or maybe my balls not big enough? hahaha

get a drift car that doesn't double as your daily car. and also not a car that you feel the pain if it gets scratched or dented... after that drift your heart out :D

Your Ultimate next/dream drift car :
180sx because of intermediate wheelbase (not too long not too short), not too heavy, more power, more steering angle, doesn't break as much, relatively cheaper parts.... plus lots of mean looking aero kits!!

donno la guys... for 4 door cars the body strength just doesn't feel right to me. need to do a lot of enhancing. track car cannot say la, but daily drift car... uhm... :P​

nottyeddy

Known Member

nottyeddy

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Somewhere in kl
www.drift.com.my
Car Make and Model : Mitsubishi Lancer A174
Car Year : 1980

Your Comment of your first drift car : Very nimble, easy to tail out when u get the settings right.. Short wheel base so not much room for error.. Enough power generated by the 15+ years old engine... LSD standard but does the job well..

Your Suggestions to newbie : Get a cheap car and do the necessary mod like LSD, engine and suspension setup. Then straightaway go drift.. you are gonna bang the car sooner or later.. might as well leave the bodywork as it is first.. After u done extensive styling, u'll hold back coz afraid bumper break.. big a** intercooler dented or even ur original VR, Work, Gram lights or any expensive rims dented coz hit divider or anything.. Keep it simple at 1st.. once you are capable of handling ur car.. then got some xtra dough.. u can mod it to fit the D1 liveries.. ur call..
Your Ultimate next/dream drift car : hmm... maybe get a cefiro or a silvia.. anything that is proven driftable...

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
forgive me if I wrong..but don't the AE86 get more steering angle as compared to the rest

? Jerry's car gets about 90 deg of steering angle off his car at full lock..damnnn

faisal

1,500 RPM

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
.S K A G E E. said:
forgive me if I wrong..but don't the AE86 get more steering angle as compared to the rest

? Jerry's car gets about 90 deg of steering angle off his car at full lock..damnnn
Dunno if Jerry modded his rack and toe links... but my AE86 steering angle quite a lot too.

But since its " A Real Man's Car*" steering a bit haevy and a skinny fella like meself sometimes not quick enough to counter steer, hence the endless spins.

*AE KE TE without powersteering all Real Man's Car. copyright 2005

faisal

1,500 RPM

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
.S K A G E E. said:
yeaah soon I will be a real man..heeheheheheee..dude 2006 the copyright gone already arr?
oh yah can't wait to see your Real Man's Car.

No budget yet la to copyright for next year.. money all finis mod car and go drifty holiday.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello friends :wavey:

It makes me sometimes wonder how to make dad-in-law happy.:love: I guess I’ve got the recipe to have a very happy father-in-law!:love: It seems that I’ve managed to do the trick.

Well, it’s not a visit to the HQ of Toyota Motor Inc. It's more about his ride.

He’s got a Toyota NZE (some old pics)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience