Ever tried a simple DIY then causing a major F**K UP! .... Share you stories

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
If i recall correctly, its not about the voltage ( V ), its the current ( A ) that hurts us.

For example, car battery is only 12V but there are variation of capacity. I did mention that i dropped a wrench and it made + to - connection on the Pajero battery....that split second contact left a permanent mark on the terminal and manage to warm up the wrench. Imagin the energy that is stored in the battery.

Another proof is that i have seen video where offroader hook up 2 unit of 12V battery and uses it to weld.
3 phase 440v but low amp wont do much damage to human. Will feel the zap lah.
Engineering manager told us very lucky becos few of us kena zap by voltage leak into electrical panel.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Engineering manager told us very lucky becos few of us kena zap by voltage leak into electrical panel.
You like to feel zap and won't get killed, try the car plug wire......lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is 3 phase lower amp? I know house 240v can kill.......
Ok, just read on it, the higher the voltage, the lower the need of current to flow.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You like to feel zap and won't get killed, try the car plug wire......lol
I seriously doubt that's a good idea. That zap is plenty enough to stop your heart man. Siao

Sounds like the number of DIYs we've screwed up is quite a lot. I screwed up a Ikea door once and terbalik installed it. I went back to change the door and installed the door the wrong way again. Damn cibai. I need better glasses.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I seriously doubt that's a good idea. That zap is plenty enough to stop your heart man. Siao

Sounds like the number of DIYs we've screwed up is quite a lot. I screwed up a Ikea door once and terbalik installed it. I went back to change the door and installed the door the wrong way again. Damn cibai. I need better glasses.
Nope, what u need is common sense...hahahah.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Long time back, DIY tire rotation on my Mitsu Eterna, resulting in cracking one hex nut, hence could not open! This was probably due to the tire shop tightening it too hard previously, and maybe my tools not up to std too. Ended up went to a machining shop, welded the hex key to the nut then open, but rims got burnt/melted paint in some areas near the center.

Another one just happened a few months ago on my Evo. Tried to switch battery while engine on. The positive terminals doesn't have the rubber cover and accidentally touched the strut bars hence engine shut. Forgot to take the keys out, windows was closed, then hooked up the battery and the the doors all locked! And I didn't have spare key yet! So yeah, had to pay locksmith to open up the door. Just stupid mistake.
The first thing all the workshops I go to do is...lower down driver side window...It's like a SOP.

Reactions: vr2turbo

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To All ZTH Sifu...

Need ur help on TB issue...

few mechanic tell me that TB from GTI, Putra & SEI can fit to 4g92p...
but some mechanic say that TB cannot fit 4g92p...

really confuse...

thank you for ur help....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience