Emanage Blue Problem (4G93 SOHC)

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys, this is gonna be a long post.
Recently my car had this very weird problem with my emanage. The problems happened after I got my throttle stuck. I was driving one night when the throttle just stuck at nkve highway. Stomp the gas pedal and it got fix. Then drove out of toll it happen again. To cut the story short, I stopped by the road side and fiddle with the throttle return spring and i manage to fix it enough to drive home.

The next day when I check the TB, the return spring does have a problem. So i put some WD40 on it as a temporary fix. Called my mech and he said drop by for checkup. This is when the emanage magnificently gave me headache.

The next day (after i troubleshoot the return spring) i drive off to the workshop. Was driving very slow. 5-10% throttle only coz I'm afraid the throttle will jam again. Suddenly when I was driving the car just died. Tried to roll the engine again but nothing. Waited a bit for the engine to cool off only can start but it'll die again after 2-3 minutes. The engine temp all ok. Had to tow the car to the workshop and leave my car there.

The funny thing is, if we remove the emanage and use stock ecu, the car runs fine. We took it to dyno at Ferlin Tuneup to check if the emanage got any error codes or problems. None. The emanage was working fine. But while tuning the car, the engine died again at revcut. We tried change the emanage with AVS (emanage ultimate clone) and the engine still die at revcut. After fiddling with the wiring, taped any bare connectors and separating them, poof the car was ok and made a very healthy result.

The next day I thought of driving up Ulu Yam and test the car but the engine died again. Ended up removing the emanage and drove with stock ECU. After that, I send back to the workshop and ask my mech to check again. Took him about a month and only got my car last night.

Anyone had this issue before? I'm still worried that car will die again. Mech swap the coolant temp sensor and distributor somehow he said it's ok now.

Before I had this issue, the distributor died out without warning. List of stuff changed before the emanage issue:

1. Distributor
2. Throttle body swap to 4g63 sohc
3. Full rubber crossmember engine mount.

My car is a 4g93 sohc auto. Looking forward for your advice. Thanks! :driver:

Attachments

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
maybe ECU too smart, cant cheated by e-manage. :nurse:
U can plug laptop/scantool to obd port (must bring it a long while driving). Hopefully can check what fault that cause engine shut off on the spot.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
maybe ECU too smart, cant cheated by e-manage. :nurse:
U can plug laptop/scantool to obd port (must bring it a long while driving). Hopefully can check what fault that cause engine shut off on the spot.
I think MMC 93 ECU is open loop. It only close loop at idle? Since I install emanage last year at GT Auto, the CEL always blinks. I read online it says on MMC it's like that. Don't have a scantool to check while driving tho. So far no engine shut off while driving. The car a bit sluggish on power mode like driving in eco mode. Mech accidentally cut a wire at the gearbox near the valve body while fixing a leak and replace gb filter. Will get that check again this weekend.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think MMC 93 ECU is open loop. It only close loop at idle? Since I install emanage last year at GT Auto, the CEL always blinks. I read online it says on MMC it's like that. Don't have a scantool to check while driving tho. So far no engine shut off while driving. The car a bit sluggish on power mode like driving in eco mode. Mech accidentally cut a wire at the gearbox near the valve body while fixing a leak and replace gb filter. Will get that check again this weekend.
But this problem didn't exist before. Right?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
But this problem didn't exist before. Right?
Nope. Just recently after my throttle jam. The CEL blinking was like that after installation. The sluggishness happens when I got my car from the workshop. Usually when I drive using PWR mode, definitely can feel the difference between ECO. In ECO mode the gear shifts early before 3k rpm. PWR mode shifts after 3.5k-4k rpm and has more pull to it.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Nope. Just recently after my throttle jam. The CEL blinking was like that after installation. The sluggishness happens when I got my car from the workshop. Usually when I drive using PWR mode, definitely can feel the difference between ECO. In ECO mode the gear shifts early before 3k rpm. PWR mode shifts after 3.5k-4k rpm and has more pull to it.
Throttle jam, the STFT reads as rich, cut fuel, logged in LTFT? And now the E-Manage's tune no longer corresponds to the stock ECU since the mapping has changed. I am only making a guess.

:hmmmm:

Why not go back to GT-Auto since they did the tune?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Throttle jam, the STFT reads as rich, cut fuel, logged in LTFT? And now the E-Manage's tune no longer corresponds to the stock ECU since the mapping has changed. I am only making a guess.

:hmmmm:

Why not go back to GT-Auto since they did the tune?
Maybe that's what happen. Coz when the throttle jam i straightaway neutral and turn off engine. Tried to fiddle with the return spring and start the car a few times until I can drive back. But when I send to Ferlin to check and tuning, there's no error code from the Emanage. I didn't go back to GT Auto coz I don't have the budget that time.

Been driving the car for 2 days now. So far engine still runs ok. Just need to fix the sluggishness this Sunday. :bawling:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe that's what happen. Coz when the throttle jam i straightaway neutral and turn off engine. Tried to fiddle with the return spring and start the car a few times until I can drive back. But when I send to Ferlin to check and tuning, there's no error code from the Emanage. I didn't go back to GT Auto coz I don't have the budget that time.

Been driving the car for 2 days now. So far engine still runs ok. Just need to fix the sluggishness this Sunday. :bawling:
Sunday rev kao kao, clear carbon......lol:rofl:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
engine rev so slow how to rev kao kao? :bawling:

i think the ignition timing setting is not correct coz mech swap distributor. :bawling:
You can temporarily adjust it manually. Before doing it, better mark down the current settings. Turn clockwise to advance. Responsiveness should improve. Then find an incline/hill to drive up slowly. If engine pings, you need to retard it (anti-clockwise). Trial and error until you find a settings that you are comfortable with.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
You can temporarily adjust it manually. Before doing it, better mark down the current settings. Turn clockwise to advance. Responsiveness should improve. Then find an incline/hill to drive up slowly. If engine pings, you need to retard it (anti-clockwise). Trial and error until you find a settings that you are comfortable with.
I know I can but I'm scared later I adjust the settings suddenly the engine shut off again. So I'm just gonna let my mech do it. :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros and siss, i was about to change my spark plug from stock to iridium type, but i just wonder which one is better. denso has its reputation in its performance and durability, especially with its 0.4mm and it U-grooved. but wat i know about volker iridium performing good also. it has 0.5mm and can last up to 160,000km. budget wise, both is about the same. however, for Gen2, wat do u guys think? which one is better? o there is other recommendation? 1 more ques, about denso iridium POWER...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience