ECO Assist - Honda

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
In recent times, we now know that the importance of going Green. I mean, afterall, we only have 1 HOME - our Earth. Since then, every major manufacturer and business owners have gone green or, some has banked on the concept of going eco-friendly. This may be a marketing gimmick to gain more market share, or genuinely be - eco friendly for our future generations.

One of such manufacturer is Honda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5hHB9lXy08

Honda has dedicated themselves in the pursuit of green technology and a greener environment for decades. It reflects pretty well through the likes of their latest model - the Honda CR-Z where they had proved that going green does not mean taking away the “mean”. This is what most automotive manufacturer faced - Once you go green, you lose the mean factor and is always perceived as being - soft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVODqBVYtd0

CRZ is a totally whole new ball game. It's Green, It's lean and it's Mean - this is thanks to their years of R&D and tonnes of money spent on it as well. Honda's pretty serious in this mission of theirs as one can see that it is not just through their 1.5 Hybrid that they had shown their effort in doing but it's also quite apparent on the other models as well i.e. the whole range of the new Civic is equipped with the Eco Assist function to help out with the car’s fuel efficiency, allowing the drivers to save fuel thus having a greener drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjXa7692Wcw

Well, putting aside the eco friendly factor aside, with the fuel prices going up at anytime in the near future, will this Eco Assist be a great addition for the drivers?

Or will some of you go towards the dark side... i.e. Diesel turbo?

Last edited:

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
In recent times, we now know that the importance of going Green. I mean, afterall, we only have 1 HOME - our Earth. Since then, every major manufacturer and business owners have gone green or, some has banked on the concept of going eco-friendly. This may be a marketing gimmick to gain more market share, or genuinely be - eco friendly for our future generations.

One of such manufacturer is Honda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5hHB9lXy08

Honda has dedicated themselves in the pursuit of green technology and a greener environment for decades. It reflects pretty well through the likes of their latest model - the Honda CR-Z where they had proved that going green does not mean taking away the “mean”. This is what most automotive manufacturer faced - Once you go green, you lose the mean factor and is always perceived as being - soft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVODqBVYtd0

CRZ is a totally whole new ball game. It's Green, It's lean and it's Mean - this is thanks to their years of R&D and tonnes of money spent on it as well. Honda's pretty serious in this mission of theirs as one can see that it is not just through their 1.5 Hybrid that they had shown their effort in doing but it's also quite apparent on the other models as well i.e. the whole range of the new Civic is equipped with the Eco Assist function to help out with the car’s fuel efficiency, allowing the drivers to save fuel thus having a greener drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjXa7692Wcw

Well, putting aside the eco friendly factor aside, with the fuel prices going up at anytime in the near future, will this Eco Assist be a great addition for the drivers?

Or will some of you go towards the dark side... i.e. Diesel turbo?

maybe turbo diesel.................

kyokonitori88

Nov 13, 2012
Osaka, Japan
There are a lot of automakers that create a concept about futuristic vehicle. But I think none of them yet has release a reliable one.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'll go for CR-Z or either Toyota Prius. Proven saves more fuel than normal petrol cars...

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think hybrids are the end-all-be all of green technology in cars. It still use fossil fuel to work, hence I expect it to be nothing more than a current trend, maybe for the next few years. In which case, fossil fuel is still in abundance/ reasonably affordable.

If we were to look 10-20 years into the future however, I'm expecting green technology to be this:

This model is already sold in limited numbers in the US iirc, around 10-20 vehicles. As you might heard, it uses hydrogen to power it. I hope in a few years, the technology will mature and becomes a viable alternative (or rather replacement) of fossil fuel.

Till then, I'll stick with petrol and might consider diesel.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Honda Clarity. The only true green car in the market since it doesn't emit anything other than water and doesn't have a gigantic battery and only uses hydrogen. When hydrogen cell cars start becoming readily available I'll switch. Until then screw hybrids.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Petrol turbo aint exactly GREEN bro.. hehehe

Anyway, neither is turbo diesel but apparently, current manufacturers have constructed it to be much more efficient - hence greener in a way?

I think hybrid is the way of the future but if car manufacturers are able to combine 'going green but not sacrificing the mean' factor.. it will be the winning formula

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Izso, the FCX Clarity has a supplemental Li-Ion battery pack to help with torque and regenerative charging as well...niche market tho...i'd love to own one of these, exhaust is water =)

BH - the CRZ was one of it and made the first manual hybrid transmission, the FL model having 20hp more than the previous model, with S+, it doesn't look like they were targeting on saving fuel but more of instant & renewable power. Don't say la Panamera Hybrid, Active Hybrid BMW's and all...CRZ bolt-on forced induction proven to do 180hp on a 1.5cc is quite a feat

Mugen RZ is the new concept supercharged CRZ... (if you have deep pockets)

Last edited:

software70

Dec 17, 2005
PocketRocket, from your point of view, would CRZ FL with the S+ feature is faster than the older model? Or we could say, slight better?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Honda Clarity. The only true green car in the market since it doesn't emit anything other than water and doesn't have a gigantic battery and only uses hydrogen. When hydrogen cell cars start becoming readily available I'll switch. Until then screw hybrids.
Incorrect. Nissan Leaf, emits nothing. Clarity is not exactly in the market, its just leased in the United States, not sure about Japan market. Nissan Leaf is being sold, and its "your car" instead of being leased.

I personally think Hybrids are stupid, its neither here nor there, and its merely a placeholder to sell more cars until battery technologies catch up to cover the distance.

Hybrids are like Netbooks in 2010, it was a placeholder until iPads & tablets came to the market. Now in 2013, netbooks are discontinued and the whole category is gone! But I guess manufacturers are selling Hybrids to test the batteries in the vehicles, and use the money made from Hybrids to fund R&D on batteries.

Likewise, right now Hybrids are around, but when battery catches up, there will be no need for Hybrids once EV can cover the distance!

Yes I can tell the future. Now accepting private appointments at RM100/minute, minimum consultation charge is 1 hour.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm in love with the new CR-Z :smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear forumers,

Just something I want to ask here. Most cars comes with s flow exhaust stock. Most people who want to upgrade will change to a straight flow.

But there are aftermarket mufflers that are S-flow as well made by performance brands such as FGK S flow 2.3", Tanabe G power S flow, TRD S flow and so on... I want to ask is there any difference if we change to these aftermarket s flow muffler or is it just for style only? Because it is still s flow and not free flowing.

Anyone...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience