DIY How to repair malfunction auto-flip side mirror

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi all, in this post I will show you what is the culprit when side mirror cannot auto-flip.

First we need to remove the mirror by pry from below. Do it carefully

Then remove 4 screw that hold side mirror cover.

Here what it will look like after that we removed the cover.

Remove 3 nuts from the inside, and the screws at the bottom.

Then we can remove another 3 screws that cover up the flip mechanism.

Here is what it look like inside the cover.

This green gear broke and loosen. So I've found the culprit. I use epoxy glue to glue up the gear to the motor shaft. You can see the crack line along the gear.

And here is another type of side mirror that have a same problem but different culprit. In this case, the culprit is clip of the cover for the flip mechanism has broke. This picture and guide are taken from Encik Rosso, that I have known from 4AEOC. He just use a cable tie to fix it. Simple yet effective.

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
Mekimi bro,so i want to used your method to solve my ae101 auto flip too. Thus may i know where did u get this brand expoy glue?have any photo to share?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
when you pry the mirror, what r the chances it wont crack the mirror, me2kimi?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Mekimi bro,so i want to used your method to solve my ae101 auto flip too. Thus may i know where did u get this brand expoy glue?have any photo to share?
Bro, go to hardware shop and ask them for ARALDITE glue. But I did not recommend that brand. Just get another brand as same function.

when you pry the mirror, what r the chances it wont crack the mirror, me2kimi?
Extra careful when you pry it. If you feel that the mirror still did not to come out, try pry from the other side

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

goohtj

Known Member
Dec 27, 2004
my nazaria passenger on got problem... unfolding time motor won't stop. any idea?

Dailamator

Aug 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
my nazaria passenger on got problem... unfolding time motor won't stop. any idea?
probably the position sensor bro. each mirror has a sensor to tell where the mirror is. if ur sensor is malfunctioning for one reason or another. your mirror still thinks it is not fully open or closed yet. hence it will go on forever.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The tire war is officially over and Pirelli has been confirmed as Formula One's sole tire supplier in 2011. The FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) confirmed the deal today.

Bridgestone announced last year that it would leave F1 at the end of 2010, throwing open the prestigious position. Pirelli has been the favourite for some time but the decision needed to be ratified by the WMSC.

"Pirelli has been selected...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience