(DIY) Homemade Plate Flipper

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
Caution: -Bad English- sorry

the idea came when changing new bumper .. noticed that be4 tis using promote bumper my engine will cooling quicker compare current bumper (special edition). Maybe the design itself (promote holes bigger than SE bumper) cause this problem. Plus, adding reg. plate no. will block more cold air goin' through the radiator (really?)

So... I need the flipper for the plate.

items needed:
2 x motor (fm digital aircond blower box)
metal bracket
power window switch
DIY tools

Motor (use 2 for left and right)

Using 1 side motor only, the other side need to remove motor inside the casing). Solder 2 wires direct to motor coz i dun hv the socket.

made a additional holder fm thick aluminium, than rivet to the holder @ motor casing. Both side.

Perfect (so far)

try put @bumper

Cutting and clearance checking process using cardbod

Seal around using gasket gum (what a waste). Supposed use silicon gum but lazy enuff go to hardware shop.

Put back @bumper and connect 2 motor holder with metal bracket. Than put the reg plate.

Using this diagram on power window switch to control flip up and down

Done. Dunno how to put video here..but can view here d3c3pt1c0n: DIY Homemade Flipper

Result: Ok la so far..Next project will be indicator for fully flipped up or fully flipped down.

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
hahaha....smart.... good for AES also

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Nice DIY...but I got 1 question. Can the motor withstand the weather e.g. rain and water splash? Coz the casing doesnt look like water proof and has electronic circuit running inside

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
Nice DIY...but I got 1 question. Can the motor withstand the weather e.g. rain and water splash? Coz the casing doesnt look like water proof and has electronic circuit running inside
oredi sealed around the casing with silicon glue (pic 11). didn't use the circuit board coz i solder the wires direct to motor.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I have a thought. Say you're travelling 120km/h along the highway and you activate the switch. Will the motor be strong enough to handle the wind resistance and all that?

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
test oredi @160-170kmh speed all the way (gopeng-ipoh PLUS) .. both position (up and down) no problem.

red line - the area still covered by the plate, so no possibility to crack/broken (normal position)
2 layer metal bracket - enough oredi to hold the plate (flip position)

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
nice one.... :biggrin:

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
walao this is really great idea! But I've heard this kind of adjustable plate holder is illegal right? But they're not that free to check one by one anyway

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
illegal - if been caught :biggrin:

btw, i flip down at highway onli...and still slow down when reach AES area ..hehe

Jul 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, saya nk tanya.. u still blh modified plate flip ni ker? please need to modified..
blh u send email no contact u at my email...
[email protected].

Caution: -Bad English- sorry

the idea came when changing new bumper .. noticed that be4 tis using promote bumper my engine will cooling quicker compare current bumper (special edition). Maybe the design itself (promote holes bigger than SE bumper) cause this problem. Plus, adding reg. plate no. will block more cold air goin' through the radiator (really?)

So... I need the flipper for the plate.

items needed:
2 x motor (fm digital aircond blower box)
metal bracket
power window switch
DIY tools

Motor (use 2 for left and right)

Using 1 side motor only, the other side need to remove motor inside the casing). Solder 2 wires direct to motor coz i dun hv the socket.

made a additional holder fm thick aluminium, than rivet to the holder @ motor casing. Both side.

Perfect (so far)

try put @bumper

Cutting and clearance checking process using cardbod

Seal around using gasket gum (what a waste). Supposed use silicon gum but lazy enuff go to hardware shop.

Put back @bumper and connect 2 motor holder with metal bracket. Than put the reg plate.

Using this diagram on power window switch to control flip up and down

Done. Dunno how to put video here..but can view here d3c3pt1c0n: DIY Homemade Flipper

Result: Ok la so far..Next project will be indicator for fully flipped up or fully flipped down.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everybody, i'm new here.......i own a proton 1.5 (m) 2002 which perform like a trishaw........ i am thinking of few modification without changing the engine.

First, i would like to change the air filter to a less resistance one........is it ok ? Which brand to choose and any precaution should i take ?

Second, the exhaust system........can i fixed up a 4-2-1 manifold ( extractor ) only and keep the rest original until the muffles, as i dun want loud sound.

Anything else i can do to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience