Clifford Blackjax 4

kenso

Jul 25, 2005
PJ
Anyone tried this? It is an immobilizer that is built on existing security system (so 2 security system in 1 car as opposed to taking existing system and switching with another). What it does is that it will immobilize ur car after 40secs since pressing brakes if correct code is not input to a console. Costs RM1,100 to install. Opinions?

http://www.junik.lv/~meg/BlackJax_4.htm

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
i think the priority first is to get a good alarm and then only complement the alarm with this immobiliser. Using this immo on a factory alarm just defeats the purpose. Clifford products are very realiable and well known though a bit on the pricey side...

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
yup. a good immo i would say. if not one of the best, should be one of the top range immo available in the market.

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
you can get clifford alarm+immo together. but the system would be pricey. near to rm2k inclusive of installation...

BlackStealth

May 30, 2005
KL
Actually is once you press the brake pedal you got 20 seconds to enter code. If you never enter code in 20 seconds, there wil be warning beep alarm a few seconds to remind you and backlights will continuos blink to let people behind your car be careful. After another 20 seconds.. alarm triggered and engine shutdown, lights will continuos blink. So far ive use for 2 3 months no problem. My factory alarm is cobra alarm and plus this blackjax 4 gives me some secure for my car being stolen or hi-jack.

kenso

Jul 25, 2005
PJ
Agree that a good combination of a good alarm system and immo is best. And Clifford is undisputed to be one of the best. Unfortunately, with such a high price tag attached to it, not everyone can afford it. Therefore, some of us are forced to find cheaper alternatives.

I don`t know what alarm system my car comes fitted with but from what I understand, the Blackjax is independent of the alarm system. Disarm the alarm, u`ll still have to deal with the Blackjax. Not sure if Blackjax is easily defeated so was thinking of asking opinions especially when it`s also a Clifford product.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
yup, clifford is under the Directed Electronics Inc (DEI) brand names. Also other brands such as Viper, Python and Sidewinder under DEI too.

And you got the immo working independently from the alarm correct too. The immo can be installed to any alarms even factory ones.

A good 2 way alarm by DEI (like Clifford, Python or Viper) would set u back about RM2.5k with installation and motion sensor if buy locally. I mentioned before in other threads too that you can find them very much more cheaper on ebay and other US car electronics website. I bought my Viper for USD230 like that so its RM900, I saved about RM2k. So something to consider for you ;) u should also check online for ur immo.

ericee

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
JB/Melaka/SPore
IMO, immo is more important than alarm.. How often u go & check eveytime u hear car alarm activated( if the car not urs)? with good immo ( unless towed away) will somehow prevent ur car from being stolen. It's better to lost ur meters, ice than whole car right? Bottomline is, if budget is a concern spend more on immo. A good immo should have 3 cut point on fuel, starter & ignition. If alarm, try to get the loudest one. i heard one b4 installed in my frens car, there's no way anyone could hv stand the siren blaring, deafening! but if those bastard come prepare with ear plug? tough luck...& yes do get a backup battery.