Buying a Lancer Evo?

ONEshot_3121

Jan 21, 2006
selangor
Good luck bro & first thing u got ur car.. make sure u install a good car alarm system wif GPS.. Enjoy.. :driver:

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Evofans.. seems like u got many source.. y not help source 1 x evo9MR/GSR for greenmivec?? tis would help him alot.. :driver:

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Hi kanan.. AYC oil is more expensive compare to LSD.. coz AYC need plus minus 2 cans of Mitsu AYC oil for flushing which is around rm80-90 per can.. where LSD oil 4 litre only around rm130.. ^^..
Usually AYC oil service, we do it together when service ur gearbox, front/rear diff.. tis will save some $$ on the labour too.. hehe... :driver:

bro, what gps is advisable to use on evo 8??currently my ride only have immobiliser...should i install an alarm??what is recommended mileage to service AYC ol and gearbox oil??some ppl said is every 10k:confused:...for ur information im using this monster for a daily ride from my house to my kedai...about 4km/day and plus jalan2 time weekend la...sry for the noob question:banghead:..really appreciate for a good reply:driver:..cheers

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Bro OS.. ^^.. GPS .. there are lotsa brand outside.. but the branded one will be Captor.. others will be non-branded name.. so hav to be careful which GPS provider u choose coz some new GPS company might just hit & run or close shop within 1 yr.. hehehe.. Best is still Captor..

ur gearbox service usually is 10k.. but if u always hard drive & "drift" here & there.. hehee.. then mayb service in 7-8k mileage.. . if just daily use car.. jalan here, jalan there normal drive.. 10k should b ok.. ^^..

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

alarm = to know ur status if ur car is lock or not.. if suddenly is unlock then u will b alert..
immobilizer = only can start ur car wif special card access or others security gadget.
GPS = to trace ur car location.

So very depend on how secure u wan ur car to b.. ^^..

ONEshot_3121

Jan 21, 2006
selangor
Bro OS.. ^^.. GPS .. there are lotsa brand outside.. but the branded one will be Captor.. others will be non-branded name.. so hav to be careful which GPS provider u choose coz some new GPS company might just hit & run or close shop within 1 yr.. hehehe.. Best is still Captor..

ur gearbox service usually is 10k.. but if u always hard drive & "drift" here & there.. hehee.. then mayb service in 7-8k mileage.. . if just daily use car.. jalan here, jalan there normal drive.. 10k should b ok.. ^^..

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

alarm = to know ur status if ur car is lock or not.. if suddenly is unlock then u will b alert..
immobilizer = only can start ur car wif special card access or others security gadget.
GPS = to trace ur car location.

So very depend on how secure u wan ur car to b.. ^^..
bro JT..since u on9 mlm ni..need to kacau u a bit..how much the cost for the captor 1???where can i buy it??

and last 3 question..im planning to do wear n tear part...1st my brake..when braking at slow speed got sound like ching...ching..mybe the sound happen because of the disc...my ex owner already change the brake pad but bunyi still ada lagi...need to skim i think..2nd is my battery...my ignition sounds like weak starter...need advise..did you exp about changing new battery??... and lastly of course engine oil, gear oil, lsd,diff..which shop do u prefer to do this job?good prices, workmanship, and lastly can bargain lol...thx in advance

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006

Evofans.. seems like u got many source.. y not help source 1 x evo9MR/GSR for greenmivec?? tis would help him alot.. :driver:

Enjoy..
I wish i got source for EVO:rofl:
Too bad i am just a huge fans of EVO who is still a SPM student this year:banghead:
Just trying to correct the misinfo spreading around here(Hope this does not offense everyone)
Anyway,wish all EVO Fans/Owner have a great time enjoying this great series of car produced by Mitsubishi:driver:

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
bro JT..since u on9 mlm ni..need to kacau u a bit..how much the cost for the captor 1???where can i buy it??

and last 3 question..im planning to do wear n tear part...1st my brake..when braking at slow speed got sound like ching...ching..mybe the sound happen because of the disc...my ex owner already change the brake pad but bunyi still ada lagi...need to skim i think..2nd is my battery...my ignition sounds like weak starter...need advise..did you exp about changing new battery??... and lastly of course engine oil, gear oil, lsd,diff..which shop do u prefer to do this job?good prices, workmanship, and lastly can bargain lol...thx in advance
sorry bro.. last nite knock off d..

for the captor you can check google & get thier website for more info.. coz i long time didnt look through thier price d.. lolz..
1) ching ching sound?? hmmm... like besi to besi sound?? but best stil hav to listen on the spot..
2)yah.. mine oso having tis problem.. is either the batter / spark plug or starter.. need to check in more detail..
3) where is ur prefered location?? kl or pj??

ONEshot_3121

Jan 21, 2006
selangor
sorry bro.. last nite knock off d..

for the captor you can check google & get thier website for more info.. coz i long time didnt look through thier price d.. lolz..
1) ching ching sound?? hmmm... like besi to besi sound?? but best stil hav to listen on the spot..
2)yah.. mine oso having tis problem.. is either the batter / spark plug or starter.. need to check in more detail..
3) where is ur prefered location?? kl or pj??
for the captor i will find it when i have a huge budget:biggrin:
1)my pad is new 1..maybe the disc not even..need to skim..will further check next week
2)let say the problem is starter. is there any shop selling this item??recond or new?
3)both pj and kl is ok for me..:driver:

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Evofans,

What is the serial number for a ix MR? May be I can check it it the car details. Just don't want to get fooled with GSR sold as MR.

The MR emblem the back of my future evo is on the right. But when I google around it is on the left nect to lancer word.

Other than that all looks MR to me. Recaro with red linining.

Bro Johny Tan,

Is there any maintenance schedule available? 30,000 KM what to device and so on la. I also have question like Oneshot, where is the recommended service centre for our egos. Pj and kl also can or sunway. I can :driver: there

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Evofans,

What is the serial number for a ix MR? May be I can check it it the car details. Just don't want to get fooled with GSR sold as MR.

The MR emblem the back of my future evo is on the right. But when I google around it is on the left nect to lancer word.

Bro Johny Tan,

Is there any maintenance schedule available? 30,000 KM what to device and so on la. I also have question like Oneshot, where is the recommended service centre for our egos. Pj and kl also can or sunway. I can :driver: there
Not sure about serial #
Look at Model Year?EVO IX MR=MY06
And there are also GSR and RS trim for IX MR
In fact,all generation of EVO have GSR and RS trim with exception of VII GT-A and IX(There are also GT)
RS mostly come in white color with exception of IX MR which have red colour also for RS
lancerregister basic of owning EVO: http://www.lancerregister.com/downloads/MLR Evo Buyers Guide v1_00.pdf
There are some helpful guide and tips there
Hope this post does help you

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Evofans thanks a lot bro

Very good manual / guide. Will take time to read it carefully. But whats you think about the MR e,blemish sticked on the right of the boot?

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Evofans,

Bro Johny Tan,

Evofans thanks a lot bro

Very good manual / guide. Will take time to read it carefully. But whats you think about the MR e,blemish sticked on the right of the boot?
Not really sure on that
But don't matter as long as it is 2006 Model Year one
Oh yeah interior is half leather half alcantara

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
for the captor i will find it when i have a huge budget:biggrin:
1)my pad is new 1..maybe the disc not even..need to skim..will further check next week
2)let say the problem is starter. is there any shop selling this item??recond or new?
3)both pj and kl is ok for me..:driver:
2(usually we get it frm kedai potong.. means 2nd hand., of coz got shop selling new or recond.., the the price will scares u.. lolz..
3) PM sent..

:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Bro Johny Tan,

usually for recond car.. get ur mechanic to check 1 round first then only they will advise u according u.. is about the same as normal car service.. every 5k-10k service...
for the service shop.. PM sent..

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Evofans

I think it is a MR based on the color, year of manufactured and the accessories. But there is not specific differences between GSR n MR. if the next shipment is taking too long I will get the silver one .

Bro Johny thanks for the PM. Hope to see you one day. Now very busy every day KL - Melaka

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Evofans

I think it is a MR based on the color, year of manufactured and the accessories. But there is not specific differences between GSR n MR. if the next shipment is taking too long I will get the silver one .

Bro Johny thanks for the PM. Hope to see you one day. Now very busy every day KL - Melaka
Well..spec wise they are quite similar
Personally i think EVO IX spec is better,especially the GT one as it have 5 Spd gearbox(Stronger then 6spd,lighter),LSD instead of AYC(More cheaper to maintain,less thing to go wrong and lighter) and 16G Compressor Turbo instead of 15G used in EVO IX MR
For power and powerband difference between EVO IX and EVO IX MR i am not sure as there are no back to back comparison....
Hmmm...This bring me a new subject to look for

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

a friend told me a bored crankshaft of a turbo engine (due to scratches and uneven surface) with oversize engine/conrod bearing (0.5 mm) would not last long and best is to look for another crankshaft without modified.

May i have your comment/experience sharing ? Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience