Brake Questions

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
I'm thinking to upgrade the braking performance of my 4g13p, but i would like to know few things, hope zth sifoss can help.. :D

1) brake pump, what this helps if i upgrade?
2) steel braided hose?

as far as i know, changing the rear drum brake into disc brake is not necessary for my tiny 4g13p.... would brake pump or steel braided hose helps?

thanks
;D

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
juz flush the brake oil n use beter oil...dot4 maybe....beter one...

n chage to a beter brake pad...not racing brake pad..juz a beter one..

braided hose i dun think u hv to change..not reach tat level yet...

my 2 cents

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
Hm... If u want, maybe u can change your stock brake servo to a bigger one, e.g. from a MItsubishi Pajero. It sure helps in your braking capabilities. :)

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
the black round thing at ur firewall... where u fill ur brake fluid...
change ur brake booster to twin layer o bigger 1 from VR4 o EVO, change ur disc n calipers to VR4 o EVO (whole knuckle).. u will fill the difference... :biggrin: more money = better braking... but think of it, its only a 1 time money out only.. unless got problem la.. the extra money from ur pocket also helps to save ur life...

wirafly

500 RPM
Mar 25, 2005
dev said:
the black round thing at ur firewall... where u fill ur brake fluid...
change ur brake booster to twin layer o bigger 1 from VR4 o EVO, change ur disc n calipers to VR4 o EVO (whole knuckle).. u will fill the difference... :biggrin: more money = better braking... but think of it, its only a 1 time money out only.. unless got problem la.. the extra money from ur pocket also helps to save ur life...
Agree with dev, today I just get my brake system done, I have change the following

Front disc system, from 4G91 system to proton putra front disc system
EVO double layer brake servo (whole set, include the pump)

The bracking power is....wooow......very responsive and safe.....braking distance also shorther and no more wheel lock on emergency situation even on wet road(too bad my luck after installation, rain heavy...so have to test the system on wet road.:biggrin: )....worth investment

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
i upgraded mine too last time... DC2 brake booster... but sad to say my rotor and caliper im using EVO... muahahah...... cannot keep up the proud name, driving a honda.... muahahhaha :biggrin:

jee_square

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
Taman Melawati
Brake servo and brake pump diff thing.. U no need to change brake pump, change the servo is good enuff.. But bare in mind, bigger servo means stronger braking.. This can be dangerous as it can fade out ur pads much more quicker, and u cud end up somewhere we never want to be! Brakes cud be easily locked if u dont get the feel of the brake pedal.. So, if u wanna upgrade ur brakes, get a complete set of a bigger caliper and the suitable size servo.. cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I succesfully installed a new headunit . However now the central locking and alarm aint working. Ive checked all the fuse and all in working condition. Anyone can shed some lights into this ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience