BLM 1.3 reserve tank overflowing

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Guys, as the title suggest...why does the reserve tank overflowing?

A bit of history lesson;
I havent drive the car for 2 weeks and on saturday i drive it casually to fuel up and everything is normal including the temp. When i reached home i open the hood while the engine is off to inspect the battery and notices there is coolant smell and realize coolant is overflowing from the reserve tank. It was less than 1/2 small mineral water bottle.

Yesterday i drive the car again. Everything is normal and the coolant does not overflow. I have been using Proton coolant all this while and changing it at about 40k km. Water pump is replaced during last timing belt change and it got another 40k km to go. Radiator cap looks good to me. So far no milky substance on both oil filler cap and radiator cap.

Is it something wrong or just an isolated case?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys, as the title suggest...why does the reserve tank overflowing?

A bit of history lesson;
I havent drive the car for 2 weeks and on saturday i drive it casually to fuel up and everything is normal including the temp. When i reached home i open the hood while the engine is off to inspect the battery and notices there is coolant smell and realize coolant is overflowing from the reserve tank. It was less than 1/2 small mineral water bottle.

Yesterday i drive the car again. Everything is normal and the coolant does not overflow. I have been using Proton coolant all this while and changing it at about 40k km. Water pump is replaced during last timing belt change and it got another 40k km to go. Radiator cap looks good to me. So far no milky substance on both oil filler cap and radiator cap.

Is it something wrong or just an isolated case?
I think it's normal right? hence the hose from the overflow to the atmosphere. Perhaps it just got really hot?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I think it's normal right? hence the hose from the overflow to the atmosphere. Perhaps it just got really hot?
Its overflowing out of the reserve tank.
Saturday was colder than usual and i was driving with aircond off.

I always put coolant in the tank up to the marking.

If normal then i can sleep peacefully as just spent salary towards reviving my waja.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Its overflowing out of the reserve tank.
Saturday was colder than usual and i was driving with aircond off.

I always put coolant in the tank up to the marking.

If normal then i can sleep peacefully as just spent salary towards reviving my waja.
Previously did you top up the water tank before driving? Anyway i think its normal. If you open your radiator cap and water is still inside, means its ok.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Previously did you top up the water tank before driving? Anyway i think its normal. If you open your radiator cap and water is still inside, means its ok.
Nope, havent touched the car for 2 weeks and befote i left it, level was nicely at the 'max' mark.

Watet is still inside the radiator.

TQ for the inputs, i just treat this as a one off incident then

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As long as the reserve tank goes back to full mark when cold means water is going back into the radiator, and that means your cap is ok. Just monitor a few more rounds....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
check coolant level in the actual radiator at radiator cap...

if coolant is full there.. no worries....

if low or not visible on top...then might be better to check the cooling system...first thing first i would say to check the thermostat... saga blm have known stuck thermostat issue on for older cars...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

remember the black surface paint coat on trucks?

if it's available in small rattlecans i wanna buy to re-spray my bumper black trimming.
according to how tuff those bedliners are, iIMO once you spray 'em on ur linings, it'll last fer years!

can we actually get 'em anywhere? or hafta send to some place to get it sprayed?

tq.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience