best intake manifold

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
hi guys sorry kept posing similar thread bout intake manifold but is there any1 here who know wat's the diff between mivec intake manifold and GSR intake manifold.currently running on a 4g93p engine and planned to upgrade the intake manifold as well since i oledi have mivec tb installed on my 4g93p.i read a lot of local car moding mag i found out tat some might use GSR intake manifold for their 4g93 while some rather use mivec intake manifold for their 4g93..so what i wana know is wat's the diff between these 2 intake manifolds and which 1 does suit better on my machine? if u guys got foto tunjuk the diff between these 2 intake manifold lagi best la

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
dunno bout mivec, but GSR intake manifold has a shorter runner so much better for u....

go ah loy sungai ara northern garage lar, they have one custom intake manifold, 100mm throttle body oso can fit.... price also reasonable.....

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
bro fong tat kinda intake manifold i got c b4 la but price how reasonable oso around rm1200 like tat 1 la..but here got chop shop offer mivec intake manifold rm200 oni lor so cheap tat's y i oni post this thread ask opinion lor

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
short for high end power.long for low end torque.try check out the design
on b18c from intergra gsr.they have dual intake runner.for acceleration,they
run on the longer 1 while the intake changes to the shorter 1 for high end.
just my 2 cent.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
u need to seal the map sensor hole if u run with mivec intake manifold.
For my opinion, just remain and re-bore existing 4G93P intake is good enough already.

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
short for high end power.long for low end torque.try check out the design on b18c from intergra gsr. they have dual intake runner.for acceleration,they run on the longer 1 while the intake changes to the shorter 1 for high end. just my 2 cent.
+1 to that.

check out the runners on a vw golf mk2. these have superb low to mid end stomp.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
west coast,
if you do consider getting the GSR intake manifold, pls couple it with the GSR cylinder head and a 60 mm MIVEC throttle body and make sure you enlarge the port of the GSR intake manifold from 54 mm yo 60 mm, or else the reduction step would act as a restrictor.

if you can get a hold of the b18c intake manifolds, then get them. but bare in mind that it'll be quite a fiddly job fitting a honda to a mitsubishi.

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
hi what damn wat u mean is if i wana go for gsr intake manifold then i would have to change the whole engine head as well? wat is tat for? sorry noobie here.. n what if i use mivec intake manifold? can jz simply install it without other mods? cz im oledi having mivec tb

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
i dun think wana do crazy stuff like type r manifold on 4g93 la i jz wana know if mivec manifold is better for my machine or gsr 1..custom made tat kind aluminium bling bling intake manifold wif short short big big runner 1 oso very nice but price 2 high for me la..hehe..around 500 still can afford lor

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
hi what damn wat u mean is if i wana go for gsr intake manifold then i would have to change the whole engine head as well? wat is tat for? sorry noobie here.. n what if i use mivec intake manifold? can jz simply install it without other mods? cz im oledi having mivec tb
it is better to change the head as well to the gsr one since the intake and exhaust ports are larger by 2mm. and since the gsr intake manifold runner outlets are the same as the gsr's head intake ports, you save money on port-matching them to provide increased flow!

like i said, the mivec TB is a good start but its outlet diameter is 60mm whereas the gsr intake manifold is 54mm. so you need to increase it to 60mm to make full use of all 3 major components that bring air into your engine's combustion chamber.

you could port the intake manifold yourself. check out my blog to see the results of the porting. easy to do and minimal tooling required.

need to know anymore, just ask.

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
look like westcoast don't quite have the budget for whatdamn's suggestions, indeed they are ideal. so westcoast, if ur question remains - mivec or gsr intake manifold, i would suggest you do neither. you're spending money on something really insignificant to me. Squeezing power out of a 4G93 to me is no fun, but u'll probably have better experience going for a mivec throttle body surely. stuff the intake manifold idea for now.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I installed both a Mivec TB and Inlet and after a retune of my SAFC and Ignition timing i put down 150whp from 142whp on the stock 4g93p inlet and TB.

Results will vary though... It all depends on your engine setup i suppose.

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
150hp is quite incredible, i am guessing this is a speedworks dyno result?
i am not surprised though with safc, itc, throttle and inlet in achieving 8hp, would have expected more. speedworks dyno on a standard GTi would show 121hp. to gain to 150hp, u must have done hell a lot. if u took it to links and hit 150, that would be like a mivec with haltech ......

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
usually speedwork dyno result is on flywheel not on wheel hp.their dyno
is the same as millennium m.sport if i'm not mistaken.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Use Satria GTi complete bodypart on Satria standard.

Bumper + Arch + Spoiler + Back bumper.

Legal wise. can or not?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience