ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
The replay was at 4pm last friday, on espn. why didn't catch it on sportcenter?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!

Probably one of the best match i've ever watched. Both sides really came out and play and they played a really open and entertaining game. Credits should be given to Wigan as they defended well in the early stages and made Arsenal sweat. They took both the goals pretty well and i must say Lehmann was at fault for the 2nd goal. It shook Arsenal up quite badly and for a moment i thought we were gonna lose.

Of coz the 2nd half started better for Arsenal despite more pressure from Wigan. And Arsenal stole a goal after Thompson made a deadly mistake. I guess he didn't learnt much from Gerrard for a similar backpass that resulted in a goal. And then the penalty came. I feel for Johansson because he was in the match only for like 2 mins. Its just too bad that the rules had to be applied.

With the exception of Lehmann's mistake, the whole team played very very well. They passed well, made lots of chances, put together some really great team play and scored when it matters most. Even that they didn't gave up despite being down 2-1. Special praise must go to the greatest footballer in the world now. No its not Ronaldinho but Thierry Henry!! He singled handedly won the game for Arsenal and his movement, the passes and his finishing is simply sublime. Hopefully he puts on a similar performance against Barcelona 2 weeks later.

Here's to the best game played in Highbury whole year long!!

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Yea, wot-aye-finale.......

Very open game it was, fun to watch, and it was one of the most spirited arsenal game ever this season, they often found themselves going behind or being equalised when they have the upper hand during the match, it happened during the liverpool game, west brom, tottenham, and now wigan, they seemed to have found the "ability" to win the game out of no where many times...... really spirited highbury.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Spurs just lose it at the very final day of the season. Maybe its some jealous Arsenal fan that did that. Whatever that is, its sweet revenge for Arsenal.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
haha, maybe it really was some angry arsenal fans. soccernet reports that Jol said the players had buffet with steaks and chicken, the chef could really be an arsenal fan......

but i think justice is there, bcoz overall arsenal were the better team, and as i mentioned before, the better team would deserved the spot. Arsenal were weakened by the frequent travelling for the away legs in the CL and they don't have a big squad to cope with the fatigue of the players like Gilberto, Toure and Eboue, and to be able to make the most out of the small squad, with injuries to deal with, arsenal were clearly the side who deserves it. Nice to see King Henry kissing the grass of highbury, hope he stays on, and kiss the grass of their Emirates stadium in the future too.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
You could just sense that Henry was going to get a hattrick after he scored from that awful backpass from David Thompson was it?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
When Henry's is in that sort of form, its best to put 6 guys in front of the keeper for damage limitation. However, i know Wigan is not this kinda team who sits behind the goal and defend. They are a great team who really came out to play the game and tried to win, just like Norwich.

I read somewhere in Soccernet if not mistaken that Henry at times is 'unplayable'. How true is that man. The CL final in Paris would decide where Henry will be playing. However, if Barca signs him up, i'm just wondering who will make way for him. Henry is a bit of a combination of Ronaldinho's run and creativity while having the finishing touches of Samuel Etoo. Hard to see him fit in Barcelona.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
You don't defend the normal way against Henry. You have to have one man mark him the whole night and keep it tight. United managed to do just that a couple of times and in those times Henry was anonymous.

If you have a flat four, it doesn't matter if you defend deep or push higher up, he has bags of pace and guile to beat the last defender. You need to put a man on him and have that guy wrap himself all over Henry. Then pray that guy does a good enough job.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Henry will stay now (my guess). burden is of him (gunners in CL another season).

BUT a chance to link up to argueably the makings of the best strike force the world will ever see ----->Ronaldinho's - Samuel Etoo - Messi - Henry

It will be very difficult to turn down the offer, i'm sure.

Henry in that sort of form; he will be a pain in coming CL final for Barca.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
koolspyda said:
BUT a chance to link up to argueably the makings of the best strike force the world will ever see ----->Ronaldinho's - Samuel Etoo - Messi - Henry
How the hell do you expect to play them?

Ummm...maybe Henry and Eto'o up front, with Ronaldinho supporting on the left and Messi on the right?

That's like 4 out and out attackers, the 2 blokes left in midfield will need to be Hercules and Achilles to make it work. And where's Giuly going to play? How about Deco? Not going to happen.

So if Henry goes to Barcelona, look for Eto'o to be sold.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
si|verfish said:
You don't defend the normal way against Henry. You have to have one man mark him the whole night and keep it tight. United managed to do just that a couple of times and in those times Henry was anonymous.

If you have a flat four, it doesn't matter if you defend deep or push higher up, he has bags of pace and guile to beat the last defender. You need to put a man on him and have that guy wrap himself all over Henry. Then pray that guy does a good enough job.
Easier said than done. I bet all 18 managers have thought of putting 1 man to mark Henry but as usual, he's scored 30 goals this season and left most markers for dead with his pace and movement. However, you have a point over there with Man Utd being very successful over Arsenal and its only partially because of someone marking Henry really tight. I feel that Man Utd controlled the midfield well and they were able to clamp down on the supply to Henry and that made Henry very isolated. They play a tight game in midfield with Fabregas, Reyes and Gilberto not being able to make a decent pass. And of coz i'd say they took the chances very well too.

Likewise, Bolton and Blackburn were very succesful with Arsenal because they played a very physical game and really hustled Arsenal in the midfield and attacking front. The thing about Arsenal, you cannot give them space. If you give them space and let them play the game while you put 5 man in defence, its only a matter of time before its exposed.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
man marking will not do on henry, coz he goes to every corner of the pitch to get the ball, he doesn't just stay on the left side, and therefore if a right midfield goes to man mark henry when he goes to the other side, the opposition right-mid would leave space wide open on his position, and that's the weakness most coaches won't want.

there's every posibilities that henry would leave, one is that he wins CL (mission accomplished in arsenal), two he felt arsenal were not better than barca (losing to barca in final), anything can happen, so we can only pray.... :(

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
If they win, it would be really silly for him to leave. If that happens, then you'd know that he left Arsenal because of money. I think Henry is not motivated by money.

I can understand if he leaves Arsenal if they lost in the CL and fail to qualify the next season. But right now, we're in the playoffs so thats consolation even if we lose to Barcelona. Henry should not leave. However, he's a player with his own mind. If he leaves because he feels he's underachieving, then he just got to look at his very good mate, Patrick Vieira.

Vieira went on to say he's got a better chance to win the CL with Juventus than Arsenal. Right now, i'd like to hear him say that. People say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Yea, it would be silly, and I know henry is never a money lover, but it sounds resonable that if he has achieved everything with arsenal already, he would want to seek new challenge elsewhere, he may think he's already 'invincible' during 03-04 season, won FA cups, and with CL, it's mission acomplished, and the fans wouldn't blame him if he leaves too, but if he hasn't won CL, he would be more motivated, having come so close. But that's just my point of view, and there's every possibility that he can stay or leave, let's just hope for the best.... shall we?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Definitely i'm hoping he doesn't leave. Never once in my mind i want him to leave. As for Vieira, when there were rumours that he was leaving, i never did hestitate because i sort of felt his time was up.

If there is any reason for Henry to leave, i don't think its that he needs a new challenge after winning everything. Henry has finished top scorer almost every season, does not mean he needs a new challenge isn't it. If Henry ever says he needs a new challenge, it would be because Arsenal are playing mid table and not in the Champions League.

However, i got to agree with you to a certain extent that once a player wins everything, his desire in the game might not be there anymore. Zidane is one of the few players who have won everything in his life. And these 2 years have been poor, in his own standards. Maybe its the age that is catching up and maybe its the lack of motivation.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

come here to give tips and hints about the 2way alarm.

i am using King Eagle. Functional wise is pretty good though the communication range doesnt seems to be as far as stated.

- Question on remote start.

My system crank 'abit' longer than normal turn-key start. Is not axactly overcranking. During normal key start my car only require half second crank whereby the alarm system crank for a second lo.

currently the 'stop-cranking' sensor is connected to 'Check oil pressure'. So i wonder...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience