Altezza FAQ

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bernard..... ok what................ atleast got LSD.

You find A03B rear axle and sell me your A02B too me:burnout:

DawoZedition

Aug 7, 2008
hi to all forumers! Just got my RS200 Z edition 6MT(Neo package) last month. its already done 94000km on the clock when I got it.Since my knowledge on cars and Altezza is very limited(almost 0), I really need advice from all the sifus here.

1)"Semput"
My car feels very underpowered and a little bit "semput" compared to my housemate 5AT RS200 Z edition. I tried cleaning the MAF sensor and it really gave me a positive result, but still not as good as my housemate 5AT. Im using Fujitsubo muffler, standard air intake and 18inch wheels while my housemate using Apexi air filter and standard exhaust n wheels. Just sent the car to Toyota dealer for scheduled check and they said nothing was wrong. Do U think that the exhaust and the bigger wheels are the reasons for this problem? any suggestion on what should I do next?

2)TRC button.
When do U guys use this button and how the car behave after U turn it off? any experience?

3)Tower Bar
the previous owner already installed Cusco lower arm member brace bar at the front and rear of the car. will it make a huge different in handling if I install tower bar?

hope to join U guys on Malaysia road soon!
Thanx in advance for ur attention!

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
welcome dawo!! hope you'll enjoy your stay here :itsme:

okay firstly, your car is manual, lucky dude. manual is very very playable. so first, go change your air filter to a K&N one, put on an Open Pod air intake. heheheh.

nah, your muffler should be okay. check for leaks though.

TRC button: you use it only in D mode. it just stretches the gears so it doesnt down/up shift fast. not that useful in tiptronic mode, now would it? :biggrin:

Tower bar:
yes it does. it does have a firmer feel.

well, hope this helps a little. lastly, welcome again man!! good to see another manual:driver:

DawoZedition

Aug 7, 2008
thanx for the prompt reply brother bushidofang! :itsme:

"Open pod air intake"??? hehhe another new automotive terms for me..gonna check about it! Im seriously thinking to change my air intake ..just survey a few air filter brands today. will consider K&N too! r U using K&N ? would U share with us on how does it performs n sounds? saw one Altezza with Blitz Sonic Power , the noise from the air intake was mind blowing... how about the fuel consumption after U changed the air filter?

owhh I thought the TRC button off would make the car spin it wheels just like those in supercars( watching too much Top Gear n 5th gear lately... hehehe).

thanx again for the reply!

welcome dawo!! hope you'll enjoy your stay here :itsme:

okay firstly, your car is manual, lucky dude. manual is very very playable. so first, go change your air filter to a K&N one, put on an Open Pod air intake. heheheh.

nah, your muffler should be okay. check for leaks though.

TRC button: you use it only in D mode. it just stretches the gears so it doesnt down/up shift fast. not that useful in tiptronic mode, now would it? :biggrin:

Tower bar:
yes it does. it does have a firmer feel.

well, hope this helps a little. lastly, welcome again man!! good to see another manual:driver:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
no problem.

what i meant was, the air intake and the air filter was different. if you're still using the standard induction box, that use an air filter. but if yours is the aftermarket type of air induction, that's called open pod. heheh. so what's yours? im guessing it's open pod, not the standard one. it's great, you can really feel the diff, sounds amazing and the fuel consumption is still the same. it's all in your foot :rofl: yeah i would recommend either Apexi or K&N. don't really like Blitz's. bad reviews heh. but there's one model from Blitz that is good, but i forgot which.

oh, sorry for teh wrong info. read wrongly about the TRC, i thought it was the PWR switch:biggrin: been obssesed with power lately. :rofl:TRC should be your traction control. not many of us has it, so you're another lucky dude. yeah, i think you'll be able to spin the tires a bit when it's off. but most of our cars without the switch has no TRC. but i dont think you'll be able to spin like those supercars just yet. go bolt on a turbo, then you can. :biggrin: you'll still need a LSD though. to be able to spin crazily and most importantly, driftt.

hope this helps

Last edited:

DawoZedition

Aug 7, 2008
thanx a lot for the info Brother Bushidofang:biggrin: now I am more confident to go for an aftermarket air intake! :driver:

ahyap

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
go with it man! after all, yours is a manual. endless mods are waiting for you! go crazy!:biggrin:
Precisely my point... u r 1 pesky devol.. poisoning others.... so that my Tezza would get smoked by other tezzas while i am driving on the road....:rofl:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Hey Ahyap...what happen to you bro..MIA for so long!!:confused:

How come did not come on Fri to yam cha with us ..:bawling:

ahyap

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
Hey Ahyap...what happen to you bro..MIA for so long!!:confused:

How come did not come on Fri to yam cha with us ..:bawling:
Had to stay away from bushido and urself man....car not POWDERFUL as yours... plus dun want to kena psycho by bushido to follow ur footsteps...(adding stuffs to the engine bay)...:proud:

Kakaka.. juz joking....actually had a hectic 2 weeks schedule man.... hardly took my ride out for a spin......plus... didn't understand the "secret" codes u and Vijay was talking about..... REGULAR PLACE & REGULAR TIME??:confused:

hahaha... would catch up this friday.... or at michael's BBQ...

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
haha ahyap. you can resist it you know. wait, we were not poisoning, like i said.:biggrin: cmon man, altezza is an altezza. :itsme:

hahahaha. regular place regular time means, the mamak at USJ10, at 10PM

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi Mike,
This is the general problem........ In Japan normally they dont care about Year of Make.
Normally they are foucs on Year of Registration. So when the car get exported to Malaysia
the JPJ will take the year of Registration as the Year of Make.
The website is accurate but you also can check :

1) Front seat belt tag. check Near the pillar
2) Rear seat belt buckle. see behind.

I also have Altezza parts software which give Year of Manufacture by Year and mth.
Pls PM me the chassis code and I can check for you if you want.

SXE10-00XXXXX

I hope this helps.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, anyone tried the new turtle wax product? It sounds very good but I can't find it in Penang.

Any opinion?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience