All type of sound from my car... help !

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I havent put it back.
Thats the original pin since 2008.

i know its suppose to move in and out but it can move up and down left and right. Is the other movement instead of in and out are normal or should i replace?
Replace it if it's moving that much. But you need to test it with grease, not greaseless leh.. The problem with the silicon o-ring type is you grease need to do it nicely. Can't put too much because it'll compress the grease making the caliper hard to move and then braking failure

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Just bought this replacement pin with silicon. Ori replacement only left 1pc.
Already install right side after smeared with bearing grease, play with the pin by pushing it in and out then smear again.
IMG_20190911_184912.jpg

RM75 for a set. After dinner will install left side and hope no more sound. If still got then i am lost as already check the arb bush and lower arm are all in good shape. no loose bolt or freeplay.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Shit....noise still there despite the improve pedal feel.

When i drive just now i had the window down and notice the sound when i turn the steering at stationary..Its the damn steering rack bush.

Reactions: leinnz and Izso

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
so culprit is steering rack

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
so culprit is steering rack
The steering rack bush to be exact.
Its not worn out to the point the rack is moving freely. Its in a way still holding the rack firmly until a point it gives by making the rack moves suddenly in few short amd sharp movement.

kinda hard to replace esp the passenger side due to P1 bad design of having the aircond drain pipe above the nut of the bracket. Its rusted almost beyond recognition.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The steering rack bush to be exact.
Its not worn out to the point the rack is moving freely. Its in a way still holding the rack firmly until a point it gives by making the rack moves suddenly in few short amd sharp movement.

kinda hard to replace esp the passenger side due to P1 bad design of having the aircond drain pipe above the nut of the bracket. Its rusted almost beyond recognition.
Is the BLM's rack bush similar to the one on the Preve? I hear FB group people frequently complaining about it

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Is the BLM's rack bush similar to the one on the Preve? I hear FB group people frequently complaining about it
That one i dunno. The ori one i just bought only written BLM on the box. Will try to remove the rusted nut this weekend.

Last time with waja i encounter short lifespan of steering bush. A tire shop notice my loose bush while doing allignment and told me to put a short timing belt or aux belt cut to make it tighter and last longer. I did that and it works. I used abt 1 inch a piece at both side.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Last time with waja i encounter short lifespan of steering bush. A tire shop notice my loose bush while doing allignment and told me to put a short timing belt or aux belt cut to make it tighter and last longer. I did that and it works. I used abt 1 inch a piece at both side.
MY tyreman did the same for the Wira's lower arm bush

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
MY tyreman did the same for the Wira's lower arm bush
Thats new to me. Normally new lower arm with new bush are a bit harder to fit in esp the end with that square bush end thus it fits in a snug manner. BTW my bro mentioned that the correct way to install lower arm is to fully tighten all bolt/nut when the car is at its resting position. This is near impossible to do at home unless we have a hoist. Its done to ensure normal lifespan.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thats new to me. Normally new lower arm with new bush are a bit harder to fit in esp the end with that square bush end thus it fits in a snug manner.
Was some years ago. While doing alignment, he noticed the bush was worn. He took a some rubber tubing and clamped it together with the bush. I left it like that for years.Kinda silly since those bushes dont cost much.

BTW my bro mentioned that the correct way to install lower arm is to fully tighten all bolt/nut when the car is at its resting position. This is near impossible to do at home unless we have a hoist. Its done to ensure normal lifespan.
I read something like that before but have yet to see any mechanic do it. I think this is only something you can do if you have one of those lifts that raise the car with the tyres resting on it. Tyreman's alignment lift or the tunnel they dig in the ground

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifoo sifoo sekalian... i wanna ask if iswara 4g13 can use what other car's FICD arr??... and, FICD from which car has more vacuum pressure??...

i need stronger vacuum suction coz i've fabricated the idle load compensator for my weber carbie... but the suction not strong enough to overcome the stiffness of the holdback spring of the carb's throttle lever.... thats why i need an FICD which has a stronger vacuum pressure...

any sifoo can help??... FICD from what car i can use??... plug...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience