After FICD

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
Guys n Gals,
Need some tech discussion here. I recently put the FICD on my VR4 and it has solved my engine mati problem. Now, the idling is very nice. But only after I run the car. What I meant is, if I want to off the engine to go down and buy something. When I come back, start the engine, the idling will be very low, and sometimes do mati engine.

But when I rev a bit, or continue to drive and on the air-cond, after 1-2 mins, it will be ok. What is going on?

Another issue is that after 2 months putting on the FICD, now, the idling somehow is not that perfect anymore. It is lower, slightly lower, especially when I am stuck in a jam or just cruising. But when I am speeding with high revs, then it is alright. Any reasons for this?

Help needed.

CyborgR

1,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Perak
Visit site
having the same problem as well, change the ficd last month, then after couple of weeks, now the same problem seem slightly arise again.. ah well, guess a lot proton and mitsubishi having these problem also la..

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
me too! me too! strange ler. Like no diff installing this stupid FICD only..

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
why ?? what is the different ??? I also facing ISC issue ... something engine can be halt after release padel at high speed . SAFC ?? tuning idling ??

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
i got the same prob too...it really annoys me...when my car's engine die oledi...very hard to start back wan...have to like off and on and off and on a few times...haih...

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
Why SAFC?

The issue is that most of the time, my car is ok. Only when sometimes cruise, it happens.

Menace,
How can the SAFC help?

CyborgR,
How did you solve your problem?

Boosook,
I think your one is a different problem. Ask your mech. and see.

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
turbo service

Boosook,
Where do you service your turbo?

sixtythree

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
experience it wit my previous ride.Live wit the unstable idling for 2 years.Bought the FICD but never used it.
The best thing is, the problem suddently dissapeared, without doing anything to it.
However, ironically...it did came back when I'm about to sell off the car, sigh!

wahi4

Apr 1, 2005
isit FICD= EIDS?

b4 my engine pecah... my pren give me EIDS.. not install yet.. coz piston broke up..
carcraze said:
Guys n Gals,
Need some tech discussion here. I recently put the FICD on my VR4 and it has solved my engine mati problem. Now, the idling is very nice. But only after I run the car. What I meant is, if I want to off the engine to go down and buy something. When I come back, start the engine, the idling will be very low, and sometimes do mati engine.

But when I rev a bit, or continue to drive and on the air-cond, after 1-2 mins, it will be ok. What is going on?

Another issue is that after 2 months putting on the FICD, now, the idling somehow is not that perfect anymore. It is lower, slightly lower, especially when I am stuck in a jam or just cruising. But when I am speeding with high revs, then it is alright. Any reasons for this?

Help needed.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If your cars need a Scanner Reader, which one you think will be better? As following:
The first one Scanner Reader SC16 GS500 OBD2 II

Specifications:

Codos Scanner Reader SC16 GS500 OBD2 II - DinoDirect.com

The second one : OBD2 Live PCM Data Code Reader Scanner D900
Specifications...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience