Accent Modification

chejeff

Known Member
Nov 3, 2005
Is there any modification interms of interior , exterior and engine modification? Is there any available engine that could fit in the accent engine bay?

WHat is the recommended modification that could improved the performance of the car?

sylkhannaz

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Selangor
if you're goin for a hyundai engine maybe u should go with Beta engines from hyundai. Maybe from Tiburon(hyundai coupe) or elantra.

i wish i can help more. go to http://www.hyundaiperformance.com. there's a lot of info there including mods and swaps.

chejeff

Known Member
Nov 3, 2005
gavan said:
enter EVO engine terus ;) i heard there is one sonata with evo engine around also :P ehheheheh.....
EVO engine? are you joking or for real? can it really fix in without any major modification?mine is accent wo, not sonata. is the mouting point same meh?

btw my car still new... not looking major modification like engine transplant. i juz look for minor modification that could help in increasing hp. eg.open pod, muffler etc.

but i juz dunno where do i start with. i wanna try to mod it to only increase hp without being look as ah beng car. Eg. Changing a ekzos that even a human head can fit in n the vroom is so loud till next street can hear but no power.

any idea?

Last edited:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
with money anything is possible.but JPJ and PUSPAKOM 90% wont let u take the car on the road.

sylkhannaz

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Selangor
earlier versions of hyundais use mitsubishi's platform and engines. so, they might have a similar mounting to mitsu. like protons. he's not joking. :)

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
reallly?now that's a shocker.haha but im quite sure the conversion might be a lil susah to be approved..IMO la..

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
yep. earlier hyundai using mitsu. technolgy.
theres a transplanted hyundai coupe with evo4 engine inside.

micwin1437

Known Member
Mar 17, 2004
Proton partners with Mitsubishi in 1986.
Hyundai partner with Mitsubishi in 1988.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
ahh..i see..thanx fr da info btw.hehe
so..for fellow accent owners..there's a very GOOD option of conversions..hehehe

chejeff

Known Member
Nov 3, 2005
Ok that's on the engine part.

What type of modification that could increase HP w/o having to do major mod such as engine transplant? in another way to say is, cheaper option for hp increase.

some example such as- changing a high performance air filter(open pod)
- Change exzos/muffler

chejeff

Known Member
Nov 3, 2005
escaflowne said:
Stage 1 Na Tune Lorr..simple Enuff
Mind if you could elaborate more? may i know what is NA tune? What type of tuning they do? where could i do it and how much would it cost? sorry for being so noob :P

Fluffy said:
do ur intake and exhaust.

*intake - cold air intake or air ram
then port and polish ur engine.
do you hv any recommendation for the type of exhaust that will not sound too ah beng but more power? if i would want to mod my intake to open pod, should i use aluminium or steel air tunnel with k&N filter or apexi?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
basically wat u want in a exhaust is the size.the ideal size will give optimum performance..not too big not too small..the sound?u've gotta go to a exhaust shop and ask fr urself..coz i dont know wat kinda sound u want.

for the intake..go for the steel one.with the apexi filter..better intake.

but u;ve got 2 options..CAI or air ram.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is the most suited time to check car balancing & alignment?

Or does it based on how we drive?

I need your assistance,experts out there!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience