A32 engine sudden turn off .. need help

Giant Dan

Giant Dan

Feb 3, 2006
Dear Cefi Sifu,

I experience in several occassion that my cefi A32 2.0 engine sudden turn off while driving.
First I thought is the spark plug that cause the problem but when I send my car to my mechanic .. it seem the car is ok upon clearing all faulty code.

But recently it happen again and it happen more frequent. Is this cause by fuel filter clog..?
or any other part that I need to change or service:hmmmm:..? PLEASE HELP.. Thanks

Giant Dan

Giant Dan

Feb 3, 2006
No idea what code is that... yesterday just change the fuel filter .. it ok for one day but this morning it happen again.. engine die off while driving .. but each time can restart easily like
nothing happen. but have to act fast .. push the gear to N & restart.

Dun know what is happening to the car.. a:hmmmm:nyone can help here..?

Bump: No idea what code is that... yesterday just change the fuel filter .. it ok for one day but this morning it happen again.. engine die off while driving .. but each time can restart easily like

seizai

500 RPM

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
No idea what code is that... yesterday just change the fuel filter .. it ok for one day but this morning it happen again.. engine die off while driving .. but each time can restart easily like

Bump: No idea what code is that... yesterday just change the fuel filter .. it ok for one day but this morning it happen again.. engine die off while driving .. but each time can restart easily like

how much u change d filter?

when is last u replace gear oil?

arun2121

Known Member

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
Dear Bro,

I had the same prob with my ceffy a few months back...Tried and changed all sort of things from petrol fuel filter up to new spark plug but still can't solve...check with TC and there's no error code pop's up. At last change an AFM and everything were solved.... .Just check your Air Flow meter before further action...:driver::dancing2:

Giant Dan

Giant Dan

Feb 3, 2006
The fuel filter cost RM 90.00 inclusive of labour..... gear oil change every 20k of mileage
Will check the AFM .. by the way how much do it cost????

weikee

500 RPM

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Chop shop selling used AFM around RM 150 to 300 depend who you know, and where you buy. New one i think 1k plus..

My call loose power during low end and sometime stall due to harden inlet manifold gasket, that may be to problem too.

This are the common problem in a32

1) AFM
2) knock sensor
3) inlet manifold gasket
4) ignition coil
5) dirty fuel filter and air filter (will reduce engine performance)

XTEC

500 RPM

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
wow, fuel filter so x-pensive. i remember i chg at aprx rm 20 niah.i also encounter engine die off when driving.1st time it was AFM change AFM solve problem. 2nd time was after AFM box hose connector putus so AFM cannot control.

2nd happen time is due to hose/tube is already harden when foreman dismantel hose accidentally break off then he told me this one no problem one. when i start engine can start when press a accelerator engine die off. sometime start also die off. so he replace me 1 set fix in wah lah problem solve.

Attachments

arun2121

Known Member

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
The fuel filter cost RM 90.00 inclusive of labour..... gear oil change every 20k of mileage
Will check the AFM .. by the way how much do it cost????
I cange my oil filter for Rm 24 only inclusive of labour charge. New FM will cost you a [email protected] fm TC. Better get one from chop shop. Got mine for rm220 @waranty 1 mth. Check the AFM hoses or box for any leaks before changing the AFM.:driver:

weikee

500 RPM

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
arun2121, Fuel filter is more expensive than Oil filter, and better to change every 60kkm

I change air filter every 25 - 30kkm, and fuel filter every 40kkm, you should see the dirt drop out from the fuel filter, is very dirty.

XTEC

500 RPM

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
yape, weekee ur right petrol filter r more x then oil filter.

i change air filter every 2x times service (14km)=rm 20 per pc ori nissan
oil filter (7km)=rm 10 per pc ori nissan
fuel filter (40km)= rm 20 per pc ori nissan

all part are brought in seberang sungai for my case, more cheap & ori.

seizai

500 RPM

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
one shop at seapark there quote me rm50+- for ori fuel filter.. possible diy?

air flow meter possible diy? thinking of install apxi pen type one..

sb3

1,000 RPM

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
one shop at seapark there quote me rm50+- for ori fuel filter.. possible diy?

air flow meter possible diy? thinking of install apxi pen type one..
Changed b4 the fuel filter , located near the firewall, quite difficult to reach , make sure you have alot of old clothes/rags below the fuel filter and PLEASE RELEASE THE FUEL PRESSURE B4 DISMANTLING THE FILTER. Get ready to wipe off the petrol around the firewall.

AFM would be easier to replace but the 4 screws attached to the AFM will be difficult to release coz its not everyday we open up the AFM.(The screws will likely lock up)

The above DIY are quite tedious to do but doable as long as you have patience and the correct tools.

**NOTE: I've heard some owners changed to Z32 AFM with a bit of mod, seems to increase airflow for better performance but i 'm a bit sceptical whether it would run properly during normal driving.

Last edited:

weikee

500 RPM

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
afm is easier to replace if you are the diy person especially good in the engine bay. If you are doing the afm replace, you can ground the afm also. You need to find the afm gound signal. i did it when 1 first take the afm to clean. Need to locate the afm gound correctly if not you may fry the ECU. (I assume you are the advance DIY cause you mention installing the Apexi Auto timer)

you can trace the ground by

01) Tracing the ecu cable. You will need this too when you install the Apexi Auto timer.
02) service manual.

Change fuel filter is not a real technical job, but the hose are so "DARM" tight and is really really hard to pull it out from the fuel filter. I can replace the AFM in 10mins, but fuel filter take minimal 30mins. If your fuel filter are really old.. My advice is to change the inlet and outlet hose together.. is faster.

SB3, is not worth the effort to change the A32 AFM to Z32, the investment are too much for the small gain (if any). Unless you plan to install the E-Managed, and force induction the engine than you can think of this path.

seizai

500 RPM

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
afm is easier to replace if you are the diy person especially good in the engine bay. If you are doing the afm replace, you can ground the afm also. You need to find the afm gound signal. i did it when 1 first take the afm to clean. Need to locate the afm gound correctly if not you may fry the ECU. (I assume you are the advance DIY cause you mention installing the Apexi Auto timer)

you can trace the ground by

01) Tracing the ecu cable. You will need this too when you install the Apexi Auto timer.
02) service manual.

Change fuel filter is not a real technical job, but the hose are so "DARM" tight and is really really hard to pull it out from the fuel filter. I can replace the AFM in 10mins, but fuel filter take minimal 30mins. If your fuel filter are really old.. My advice is to change the inlet and outlet hose together.. is faster.

SB3, is not worth the effort to change the A32 AFM to Z32, the investment are too much for the small gain (if any). Unless you plan to install the E-Managed, and force induction the engine than you can think of this path.
mine engine was 80k+. d forman nvr replace it, dunno it was from 3.0 or 2.0 :hmmmm:

anyway no jerk when high rev

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I know theres is alot cars on the road facing same problem, the fan belt / aircond belt is making noise.
Mine happends after my mech change my timing belt :mad: it is damn annoying, no matter the engine is on idle or revving, it still making noise.
I called up the mech, he says just spray some lubs on the pully of the belt well after spray it just last 1 day then it comes again...i check on the belt, well it seems abit loosen coz can see it is fluctuating in spinning motion.
So is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience