4g13 talks

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
What do you expect from a 1.3L engine. Power from displacement, either Big displacement or forced induction.......lol
At least got pick up bit2 for the meantime mah.. hihi.. Ofc will upgrade engine in the future since 4g13 is not worth spend on heavy upgrades. Btw.. the car difficult to start in the morning. Need to turn the key 4-5 times then it can start. After letting the engine running for awhile.. im switch the engine off which means the engine is hot already lh.
Then i try start again but this time one kick nia can start. Already testing spark from the coil but got spark. Does tat mean it causes from my fuel pump?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
At least got pick up bit2 for the meantime mah.. hihi.. Ofc will upgrade engine in the future since 4g13 is not worth spend on heavy upgrades. Btw.. the car difficult to start in the morning. Need to turn the key 4-5 times then it can start. After letting the engine running for awhile.. im switch the engine off which means the engine is hot already lh.
Then i try start again but this time one kick nia can start. Already testing spark from the coil but got spark. Does tat mean it causes from my fuel pump?
Try a few methods and see which works better. Some cars no need step on the accelerator to start, some need to. Some need to pump a few times on the accelerator then only start.
After your car have started, does it idling high until it warms up?

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Try a few methods and see which works better. Some cars no need step on the accelerator to start, some need to. Some need to pump a few times on the accelerator then only start.
After your car have started, does it idling high until it warms up?
No it's doesnt. Only high idle when warm. Begining very weak. Engine sounds like slowly sucking the gas

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Both have. Carb can see the manual linkages, run by vacuum hoses. FI controlled by ECU.....
Will check on that ltr on.. Anyway, is ARB adj abs any good? how long can they last. Found out tat Gab brand every expensive leh.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
The story is like this.. the wira just got out from the workshop last year cause accident last time. And the car right now is under me already.. so its like a restoration project for me cause its still have a lot of work to do..

Recently just came out from the workshop again cause the previous workshop didnt done much for repairing the accident example like lower arm.. bush.. drive shaft etc.. spend around 800 just to get the comfort for driving.

Now already buy new tyres and rims but havent install yet cause im planning to install adjs abs first.
Get your car handling right first.
Btw did you get car alignment correctly after spend 800 ? With current set of rims and tires.
Fixing new rims, new tires, new adjustable wont make it straight u know.

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Get your car handling right first.
Btw did you get car alignment correctly after spend 800 ? With current set of rims and tires.
Fixing new rims, new tires, new adjustable wont make it straight u know.
Handling so far okay.. recently just change both lower arms, the tulang anjing tats what they call it and any nesscesary bushs

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Will check on that ltr on.. Anyway, is ARB adj abs any good? how long can they last. Found out tat Gab brand every expensive leh.
Never heard of this brand.

If you want cheaper coilovers, try HWL. Go to their factory and get a price quote direct.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Which would u suggest.. the soft hard or the body shift or both?
First of all - body shift is to allow you to adjust the car height without compressing the spring. Body shift is always a good idea.

The other thing is "High-low" (Hilo) which lets you adjust the height of the car only and the spring is the one that controls the comfort of the car. If you go for this hilo coilover, most shops allow you to upgrade or downgrade the springs to soften or stiffen the feel. This works if you're on a budget.

Then there's high-low-soft-hard which allows you to adjust height and how fast/slow the dampening rate is. This is probably the best option among the budget coilovers.

Then there's the really high end ones that allow you to adjust pretty much everything else but we can skip this cuz we're talking about RM9000 or more in terms of price.

Get a HLSH type suspension and HWL usually retails between 1500 to 1900 for brand new set for Protons. Worth having a look at.

Then there's the last option that's not coilover. Eibach springs + Koni absorbers. This combination is a proven recipe which is a pretty good balance between comfort and performance but the price is a little high. In the 3k range.

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
First of all - body shift is to allow you to adjust the car height without compressing the spring. Body shift is always a good idea.

The other thing is "High-low" (Hilo) which lets you adjust the height of the car only and the spring is the one that controls the comfort of the car. If you go for this hilo coilover, most shops allow you to upgrade or downgrade the springs to soften or stiffen the feel. This works if you're on a budget.

Then there's high-low-soft-hard which allows you to adjust height and how fast/slow the dampening rate is. This is probably the best option among the budget coilovers.

Then there's the really high end ones that allow you to adjust pretty much everything else but we can skip this cuz we're talking about RM9000 or more in terms of price.

Get a HLSH type suspension and HWL usually retails between 1500 to 1900 for brand new set for Protons. Worth having a look at.

Then there's the last option that's not coilover. Eibach springs + Koni absorbers. This combination is a proven recipe which is a pretty good balance between comfort and performance but the price is a little high. In the 3k range.
Woah.. just for the sake of comfort drive and performance. The suspension really play a big role if it costs much more than an engine mod.
Lets say if i have a budget of 1.2k for the suspension. Which one is the best to go for? Thanks ya sifu2 sekalian for answering. Did some research but still confuse which to choose consider on my budget.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Woah.. just for the sake of comfort drive and performance. The suspension really play a big role if it costs much more than an engine mod.
Lets say if i have a budget of 1.2k for the suspension. Which one is the best to go for? Thanks ya sifu2 sekalian for answering. Did some research but still confuse which to choose consider on my budget.
A lot of things involved, need to adjust to your liking. Some want outright performance, some comfort, some somewhere in between, then got spring rates to play with.......lol

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
A lot of things involved, need to adjust to your liking. Some want outright performance, some comfort, some somewhere in between, then got spring rates to play with.......lol
Lets say if i want for performance cause in future might goin to convert the engine. Or do i have to change everything if im converting

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

If I want to install an oil cooler, is it a must to upgrade my oil sump as well?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience