4g13 talks

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Valve seats sorry. Basically incomplete combustion busting out.

Personally I'd fix it. This kinda thing usually means overhaul. Piston rings and valve seats
I thought valve seats usually smokes when idling. One of my previous car had that, but normal driving no smoke, only at idling.....

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I thought valve seats usually smokes when idling. One of my previous car had that, but normal driving no smoke, only at idling.....
During high vacuum situations like idle, cold start and engine braking, engine oil gets suck from the cylinder head into the combustion chamber.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Btw guys.. is it worth if i were to change my injector to higher cc on stock engine?
what do you think will happen... keep things simple. imagine just dumping more fuel in there, whats the expected result... remember just dumping fuel and nothing else into the combustion chamber

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
what do you think will happen... keep things simple. imagine just dumping more fuel in there, whats the expected result... remember just dumping fuel and nothing else into the combustion chamber
larger injectors won't shoot more fuel in la. It's just underutilizing the injectors. Not a great thing either

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ehh it will let more fuel in kan...
Let me clarify. The stock injector duty cycle is usually 80%. So say you're using 150cc stock injectors, then you're shooting about 80% in super simple terms.

If you plonk in 500cc injectors it'll be running the default duty cycle of 80% unless you tune it otherwise. So you're shooting 80% of the 500cc inejectors. But that's also assuming your fuel pump can cope with the extra load. If fuel pump is insufficient and injectors not running at it's preset duty cycle, I think something is going to fail pretty quickly.

Latebloomer

Known Member
May 19, 2020
Let me clarify. The stock injector duty cycle is usually 80%. So say you're using 150cc stock injectors, then you're shooting about 80% in super simple terms.

If you plonk in 500cc injectors it'll be running the default duty cycle of 80% unless you tune it otherwise. So you're shooting 80% of the 500cc inejectors. But that's also assuming your fuel pump can cope with the extra load. If fuel pump is insufficient and injectors not running at it's preset duty cycle, I think something is going to fail pretty quickly.
So thats mean Ecu come first then larger injector plonk later on?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's eye-catching, well-designed and worth £500,000.

No, not the car ... the number plate. Businessman Afzal Kahn's delight was in overdrive on Sunday after he bought F1 - Britain's most expensive registration.

The 37-year-old custom car tycoon got the plate for £440,625 - £375,000 plus VAT - and other charges took the total to around half a million pounds.

It beat the previous...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience