2019 Mazda 3 GVC Plus Test: Liftback 2L vs Sedan 1.5L

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
2019 Mazda 3 GVC Plus Test: Liftback 2L vs Sedan 1.5L

Eerily peaceful is what the Mazda 3 felt like through the slalom. At constant throttle without lifting for the next cone, GVC Plus worked surprisingly well to accentuate grip and subdue understeer.

The actual application is very subtle but it's there. Also sounds like black magic whenever someone tries to explain how GVC works. The only thing you need to know about GVC is it helps the car corner better by automatically cutting power at turn-in, to induce frontal grip and even continues regulating power throughout the corner to retain a consistent lateral G for maximum uninterruptedness.

GVC is created to manage bad driving basically. It takes the effort away from the driver and he / she will have no clue it is working in the background, perpetually monitoring steering input and intercepts instantly, ever so gently to reduce spikes in G forces especially at the corners.

The latest GVC Plus in the Mazda 3 adds on braking, for the purpose of stabilising the car in between direction changes or when steering away from an obstacle. This is done by gently braking the outer wheels as the steering returns to center position.
Continue reading the Post.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
GVC is it helps the car corner better by automatically cutting power at turn-in, to induce frontal grip and even continues regulating power throughout the corner to retain a consistent lateral G for maximum uninterruptedness.
Sounds scary that the machine is actively on your throttle, when you take a corner. Isnt that taking the driver out of the drive?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Sounds scary that the machine is actively on your throttle, when you take a corner. Isnt that taking the driver out of the drive?
Wouldn't say scary, more like if it would be intrusive. But thankfully it wasn't, if much at the autocross course and the circuit (video later). However it wasn't an all out drive and no clear lap so I can't say for certain if it could negatively impact lap times

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Wouldn't say scary, more like if it would be intrusive. But thankfully it wasn't, if much at the autocross course and the circuit (video later). However it wasn't an all out drive and no clear lap so I can't say for certain if it could negatively impact lap times
Don't think Mazda would consider their buyers of Mazda3 will take this car for hot lapping at the track. I test driven the previous gen M3 (pun intended), it wasn't that "zoom zoom" for my liking, may be i am just have higher taste for FR cars. However for average drivers, its not a bad car to live with.

Thanks,
Ken

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
People are bitching about the C pillar on the hatch... I like it. Wonder about the visibility..but you have blind spot assist..shouldn't be an issue.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Don't think Mazda would consider their buyers of Mazda3 will take this car for hot lapping at the track. I test driven the previous gen M3 (pun intended), it wasn't that "zoom zoom" for my liking, may be i am just have higher taste for FR cars. However for average drivers, its not a bad car to live with.

Thanks,
Ken
I'd think the new 3 will drive pretty sweet on the road, it has that small yet mature BMW 118i vibe to it. But yet to try it on the road so let's see

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
People are bitching about the C pillar on the hatch... I like it. Wonder about the visibility..but you have blind spot assist..shouldn't be an issue.
Didn't bother me at the circuit test for sure, don't think the C pillar will be a PITA for seasoned drivers anyway. But I like the massive C pillar

Reactions: Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i would like to try to do my own headlight cover using plastic ( somethg like those fd or fc clear light,no more flip). any1 knw wat kind of plastic to i need to use and where to get ?? how oem head light material where can get ah ??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience