2019 Mazda 3 arrives Malaysia in Liftback and Sedan versions

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
2019 Mazda 3 arrives Malaysia in Liftback and Sedan versions

The new, breathtaking Mazda 3 arrives Malaysia in both the jaw dropping Liftback and Sedan versions, with either the 162hp 2L or 118hp 1.5L Skyactiv-G engines. They both get Mazda's Skyactiv's 6 speed auto and G-Vectoring Control Plus vehicle motion driving tech.

This cutting edge 7th-gen model shows off the KODO Design language with its controversial "single-motion" overall form, coupled with its clever interplay of light and shadow. Prices ranges from RM140K to RM160k for the top of range Liftback 2.0 High Plus

Continue reading the Post.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Bloody expensive!
So their pitch is the Mazda 3 drives better, has higher build quality than the competition, unbeatable cockpit, posses perfection in many aspects including panel gap, smoothness, straightness, even down to ensuring every button clicks the same way.

If true, would that change your impression?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Too expensive. Bermaz must be smoking some heavy stuff. RM140k and up? And it’s the same carryover Skyactiv G? Wow. Just wow.

Thinking it’s gonna sell based on the looks eh?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So their pitch is the Mazda 3 drives better, has higher build quality than the competition, unbeatable cockpit, posses perfection in many aspects including panel gap, smoothness, straightness, even down to ensuring every button clicks the same way.

If true, would that change your impression?
Not really. Those are good but not first priority for this type of car/segment.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Mazdas have always driven well, built well and have never been known to be cheap. Yet people still buy them.

My only thought is that C-pillar is bloody massive. Wouldn't that make for an incredibly huge blind spot?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Too expensive. Bermaz must be smoking some heavy stuff. RM140k and up? And it’s the same carryover Skyactiv G? Wow. Just wow. Thinking it’s gonna sell based on the looks eh?
I think it's a case of them knowing its going to be unavoidably more expensive than the competition, will be relatively low volume, accepting the fact, having faith in the excessively obsessive Mazda engineering philosophy, still import it to satisfy discerning customers, then enjoy a bit of marketing boost should the Mazda 3 deliver that form of exclusivity it promises

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Mazdas have always driven well, built well and have never been known to be cheap. Yet people still buy them. my only thought is that C-pillar is bloody massive. Wouldn't that make for an incredibly huge blind spot?
Quite massive in fact, will be trying the car out real soon so let's see. Would you consider the rear view camera which it potentially has, problem solved? Or you need that viewing access for general driving?

Reactions: Izso

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Not really. Those are good but not first priority for this type of car/segment.
I was quite attracted by their vision for this car, it felt like a cult seminar, hearing about the lengths taken to build it, the pursuit for perfection, driver focusness and if I go on, is going to sound like an ad.

Will give it a go very soon so let's see if power can ever be secondary

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Quite massive in fact, will be trying the car out real soon so let's see. Would you consider the rear view camera which it potentially has, problem solved? Or you need that viewing access for general driving?
General driving. Because as it is in a Myvi a whole motorcycle can disappear from view at the right angle from behind. Reversing to park is never a problem! Look at the Countach, when there's a will theres a way. But for blindspots when driving it's hard to avoid.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I was quite attracted by their vision for this car, it felt like a cult seminar, hearing about the lengths taken to build it, the pursuit for perfection, driver focusness and if I go on, is going to sound like an ad.

Will give it a go very soon so let's see if power can ever be secondary
How does it compared to Lexus?

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
it is said to have very low cabin noise. tom please check.
Sadly still on old engine.
And also it's no longer a performance car. It's a fun to drive couple car i may say

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
Notice that the width of body is marginally smaller which was discovered by one of the car reviewers in UK when they placed 3 adults at the passenger seat. With the smaller windows all around, I guess the car will feel a bit "darkish" inside

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
General driving. Because as it is in a Myvi a whole motorcycle can disappear from view at the right angle from behind. Reversing to park is never a problem! Look at the Countach, when there's a will theres a way. But for blindspots when driving it's hard to avoid.
Will be surprised if these things aren't ironed out when producing cars in this day and age but Will try to check that part out, if it's at all severe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am looking for this stuff, it's mainly used for turbocharger blankets on large gas compressors ( pushing well over 2000 HPs ), and my Net pals over at US have successfully used this item to repack their mufflers, both cars and bikes. Reportedly to be extremely durable ( the guy who used 'em on his R1 have yet to replace his muffler packing for over 2 years now! ) and long - lasting. I am sourcing this stuff for my pal ( who have replaced his Gilera Nexus 500's muffler packing THRICE in 6...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience