1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Aiya give chance la. I honestly thought this was a simple fixup, tweak and drive. I honestly did not expect to do this much with the car. This is apparent because I sent my car for upholstery first. I didn't expect so much mechanical issues.
Was talking about myself actually.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Should've would've could've but didn't. No need to rub salt into the wound la. Already pus infested and on antibiotics lor.

Hahaha, just keep it up man, you will get it sorted out to a nice tire shredding beast in the end! We will be with you in spirit all the way and will wait patiently for the final unveiling!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha, just keep it up man, you will get it sorted out to a nice tire shredding beast in the end! We will be with you in spirit all the way and will wait patiently for the final unveiling!
All actually still waiting patiently......lol:biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Well, I would disagree. It's something that makes me happy. Kinda like women and their shoes/handbags, some guys and their tech gadgets, for me it's cars and modifying them. Financially speaking if it makes me happy it's a good thing. Just that I wish I had the ratio correct. As in my bank account vs my spending ratio.

Oh that's good to know. Anyway, the tuner assures me the ignition timing and everything is set correctly. Just need to fix the leaks and retune for finality.

Aiya give chance la. I honestly thought this was a simple fixup, tweak and drive. I honestly did not expect to do this much with the car. This is apparent because I sent my car for upholstery first. I didn't expect so much mechanical issues.

Difference? TBH the main difference for me was age and price. I know they are different mechanically and tune wise, but realistically speaking I was only looking at price and age.

Should've would've could've but didn't. No need to rub salt into the wound la. Already pus infested and on antibiotics lor.

Correction, I should've gone for a 1JZ powered bimmer with stock everything. I just came across a stock 2JZ powered E39 auto and OMG I am in love. RM39k too

Should've would've could've but too bad.

You know me too well. HAhaha
hang on there, is tough. Hope this time luck on ur side.
If you know this will happened, better buy toto. :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Still waiting for him to bring me 1 round, last time I already brought him 1 round in my car :rofl:
Dude, you know you are welcome anytime man. But let me get my fatass in the car first and drive it for a few days before I offer anyone a ride.

hang on there, is tough. Hope this time luck on ur side.
If you know this will happened, better buy toto. :rofl:
I've been striking all the small RM8 3-digit numbers only.. sigh

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So moral of the story, stock is best? Should have bought the Evo?

lol.

The pain I went through doing the swap on my boat also makes me think bolt on is better than swapping. The more you change/mod, the more problems gonna pop up.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, for me always buy cars that already has good enough base (like engine, layout, transmission type, chassis & handling dynamics) for your requirements so you'd only need minor mods to improve a bit further or to make it your own unique ride. I also don't know too deep on cars or don't have the capacity to care for the minute details hence I avoid major mods.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Search the forum awhile but no thread bout Q8. Guys, may I know where to get Q8 lubricant? Prefer Ampang/KL area. How much for a semi-syn 4 litre? Thanx in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience