FeaturesMalaysiaManufacturerMazda

The all new 2015 Mazda MX-5 is now in Malaysia – Prices start from RM226K!

IMG_2961

Ever since its unveiling late last year, we have been waiting anxiously for the new Miata to make an appearance on our shores. Finally the days of waiting are over as Prima Merdu Sdn Bhd, the sole and exclusive importer of Mazda vehicles in Malaysia introduces the fourth generation MX5 into our shores.

IMG_2832

IMG_2845 IMG_2850

The success of the MX5 needs no introduction as it has won numerous awards along the years such as Wheels Magazine’s Car of the Year for 1989 and 2005, Sports Car International’s “Best Sports Car of the 1990’s”, and grabbing the Car of the Year Japan in 2005-2006.

IMG_2915

IMG_2875

It had also received a great praise from Jeremy Clarkson himself, stating: “The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value. Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it fourteen.”

IMG_2957

IMG_2904 IMG_2861

The new MX5 adopts the Mazda Kodo design language where it has evolved from its soft-edged and unassuming persona to a sexy and edgy sports car. Ever since its launch earlier this year, it has been raking up sales from all over and we are hoping to see this stunning roadster hitting our roads very soon.

IMG_2899

IMG_2923

Powered by a 2.0-liter SKYACTIV-G inline-four, the MX5 gets 158-horsepower at 6,000rpm and 200Nm of torque at 4,000rpm. Power is sent to the rear tires via a SKYACTIV-DRIVE six-speed automatic transmission. Like the previous MX5s, Mazda has tried their best in keeping the weight as low as possible. The new version only tips the scale at 1,080kg.

IMG_2874

Safety has not been compromised as the MX5 is fitted with an array of safety features like ABS, EBD, BA, DSC, TCS and four airbags. Other extra features include i-Stop (Idling Start-Stop), i-ELOOP, Adaptive Front-Lighting System (AFS), High Beam Control System (HBC), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) and Commandeer Control Switch. To keep the occupants entertained, the MX5 is fitted with an audio system (CD, AM/FM, AUX, USB) and a 7-inch LCD touchscreen colour monitor with MZD Connect.

IMG_2910

The new Mazda MX5 (CBU) soft top goes for RM 226,376 (OTR with insurance) and comes with three years warranty and three years free scheduled maintenance according to manufacturer’s standard.